HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Stokes to go no more!!!!

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 16 May 2010, 08:59:02 pm
All this talk of players not trying etc, etc. Has it occurred to anyone that we are simply not good enough? Not rocket science - sorry for airing such a 'radical' thought!!
Thats right -  NOT GOOD ENOUGH, it wouldn't matter WHO was coach!!
We deserve to be where we are - end of.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #16 on: 16 May 2010, 09:05:32 pm
All this talk of players not trying etc, etc. Has it occurred to anyone that we are simply not good enough? Not rocket science - sorry for airing such a 'radical' thought!!
Thats right -  NOT GOOD ENOUGH, it wouldn't matter WHO was coach!!
We deserve to be where we are - end of.

But quite a few of these players were here through the "good times" so what makes them not good enough now??
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #17 on: 16 May 2010, 09:32:11 pm
Whitey12, please explain your stupid remark and tell me how I have kept him in his job ?
My posts throughout the year have focused on the team not trying / not putting in the commitment / not being fit enough to compete and not doing what they are capable of. In other words letting you and I down week after week.

I have neither said Stokes is a good nor a bad coach, like you I have no first hand experience of his coaching style or delivery. However I can pay my money each week and see clearly with one eye closed where players are under performing, being unprofessional and generally taking the pi** out of their loyal supporters.

Blame the coaches as much as you like, but they don't do the above, and the many other stupid idiotic things that go on during game time, and which will lead to the ultimate demise of Whitehaven RLFC unless certain players grow up and perform as professionals.

In case you want to argue some of the points above, leave the Stokes one out as I firmly believe he needs to go, as do some of the useless players.

If you are happy to see the team ship 40, 50, 60 points a game and only blame one man then fair do's, that's your tiny world of misrepresentation, but not mine.
« Last Edit: 16 May 2010, 09:35:17 pm by cbandg01 »

Offline haven boys

• First Team Backup
Reply #18 on: 16 May 2010, 10:25:12 pm
Were saying we dont have the money to get rid of him but the money were losing on gates could pay for him to go the way its going!!!

Offline havenonline

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 16 May 2010, 11:14:33 pm
Whitey12, please explain your stupid remark and tell me how I have kept him in his job ?
My posts throughout the year have focused on the team not trying / not putting in the commitment / not being fit enough to compete and not doing what they are capable of. In other words letting you and I down week after week.

I have neither said Stokes is a good nor a bad coach, like you I have no first hand experience of his coaching style or delivery. However I can pay my money each week and see clearly with one eye closed where players are under performing, being unprofessional and generally taking the pi** out of their loyal supporters.

Blame the coaches as much as you like, but they don't do the above, and the many other stupid idiotic things that go on during game time, and which will lead to the ultimate demise of Whitehaven RLFC unless certain players grow up and perform as professionals.

In case you want to argue some of the points above, leave the Stokes one out as I firmly believe he needs to go, as do some of the useless players.

If you are happy to see the team ship 40, 50, 60 points a game and only blame one man then fair do's, that's your tiny world of misrepresentation, but not mine.

You have shouted HIS corner up to now and now you are changing your tune and trying to argue with folk who have shouted for GED to be sacked long ago. Human nature dictates that if you are treat like ****e you give ****e back. This is the reality and one or two players signed on loan (which may have been good signings in a happy squad) is like throwing a cup of water at a forest fire at the moment.

Players on loan will not solve the route cause of the problems at the club. We all know what the route cause is but the BOD is in denial and do not want to adress it.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #20 on: 17 May 2010, 12:15:13 am
Ken kerr , FOH ,wonky and town4me look forward to our derby games next season boys

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #21 on: 17 May 2010, 12:21:02 am
Wreckry too same to you marra

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #22 on: 17 May 2010, 07:58:34 am
OK havenonline, take your foot out of your mouth, engage brain and find the posts where I have supported Ged Stokes in the way you state.

You may find posts where I have been fair to him, by suggesting his past efforts with our team, (last two seasons), warrants he have more time, and a better chance to sort things out this season, especially given the financial situation we are in and the miserable match time efforts of the team he coaches.

However you will not find a single post where I offered my unconditional support to him. Nor where I have said he is a good or bad coach, as like you and many others, I have no first hand experience of his methods or delivery.

It's unfortunate that your limited ability to see who is really letting you down week after week continues to colour your judgement of under performing individuals in the team, and likewise your personal ability to read into posts what is actually written.

A few weeks ago I said Stokes should only be given a few more games to try to turn things around. To my mind that period of time has now expired. As he has failed to make a difference, he should now go, as should however a number of the first team squad, who have conveniently forgotten how to tackle, backup, track back, cover, avoid stupid penalties, etc etc and who cannot attain a fitness level to compete. That is to my mind, consistency in posting, not something your noted for.

You may also want to check the number of posts occurring on here in the recent past demanding that we sign duel registration players, get in new players, get players on loan etc etc. Now that's happening, your apparently not happy. Beggers belief how butterflies flit around doesn't it.

So once again, foot out of mouth and engage brain.
« Last Edit: 17 May 2010, 08:14:58 am by cbandg01 »

Offline havenonline

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 17 May 2010, 11:12:32 am
OK havenonline, take your foot out of your mouth, engage brain and find the posts where I have supported Ged Stokes in the way you state.

You may find posts where I have been fair to him, by suggesting his past efforts with our team, (last two seasons), warrants he have more time, and a better chance to sort things out this season, especially given the financial situation we are in and the miserable match time efforts of the team he coaches.

However you will not find a single post where I offered my unconditional support to him. Nor where I have said he is a good or bad coach, as like you and many others, I have no first hand experience of his methods or delivery.

It's unfortunate that your limited ability to see who is really letting you down week after week continues to colour your judgement of under performing individuals in the team, and likewise your personal ability to read into posts what is actually written.

A few weeks ago I said Stokes should only be given a few more games to try to turn things around. To my mind that period of time has now expired. As he has failed to make a difference, he should now go, as should however a number of the first team squad, who have conveniently forgotten how to tackle, backup, track back, cover, avoid stupid penalties, etc etc and who cannot attain a fitness level to compete. That is to my mind, consistency in posting, not something your noted for.
You may also want to check the number of posts occurring on here in the recent past demanding that we sign duel registration players, get in new players, get players on loan etc etc. Now that's happening, your apparently not happy. Beggers belief how butterflies flit around doesn't it.

So once again, foot out of mouth and engage brain.

Unlike some i have been calling for a change of coach since day one !!  ::) ::)
However, its nice to see that you eventually agree with me and the majority of other posters on here that the only way out of this mess is to get rid of Stokes.
Common sense prevails at last.  8) 8)

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #24 on: 17 May 2010, 12:40:10 pm
Ken kerr , FOH ,wonky and town4me look forward to our derby games next season boys

if its any consolation i do genuinely feel for you fans at the moment. and as you know we have been there and got the t-shirt. it feels like theres no way out. 

one thing i will say though, as hard as it is or may seem to accept dont stay away from the club because your starving the club of much needed money. yes you are well and truly fed up but he wont be here for ever but your club WILL be. i know some of you say there wont be a club left when he's contract is up but there will be.

i stuck by town when this was happening to us  its hard but you gotta stick by them in the long run

Offline haven24/7

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 17 May 2010, 03:27:11 pm
town4me will we be here forever.  its getting more desperate by the day and as its been stated time and time again.  it seems as though the directors of the club want to demise the whitehaven rugby league club and build the new team for the new stadium.  they can only be looking at a west cumbria team and the fact that mr razz can go to america and tell all his friends he takes credit for the new stadium being built.  theyre not going to get rid of ged whatever is said and the thoughts on the terraces are that they need more than want the club to get relegated.   its frustrating to see what they are doing to the club.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #26 on: 17 May 2010, 03:36:54 pm
i personally think now is the time for shareholders to go the agm and have a vote of no confidence in the board and then re-elect a board that will not be blinkered by a fancy stadium and have the club at heart and also get rid of a coach nobody including players want   
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline havenfan16

• Academy Signing
Reply #27 on: 17 May 2010, 03:38:39 pm
this has now happened to a few coaches whitehaven have had the lads need to get their acts together and play as a team week in and week out its Matty and sicey who are always looking intrested! the players cant decide who they are and who they aren't going to play for!! ged isnt playing the rugby so he isn't at blame! the lads obv dont care cause its the same fans week in and week out they dont seem to realise they have lost fans as it is! i blame the players not ged
« Last Edit: 17 May 2010, 03:40:56 pm by havenfan16 »

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #28 on: 17 May 2010, 03:44:08 pm
town4me will we be here forever.  its getting more desperate by the day and as its been stated time and time again.  it seems as though the directors of the club want to demise the whitehaven rugby league club and build the new team for the new stadium.  they can only be looking at a west cumbria team and the fact that mr razz can go to america and tell all his friends he takes credit for the new stadium being built.  theyre not going to get rid of ged whatever is said and the thoughts on the terraces are that they need more than want the club to get relegated.   its frustrating to see what they are doing to the club.

I've read this on more than one occasion on here about the board of directors running the club down in order to start a new west Cumbria team to play in their super duper new stadium and I have to say - what a load of bunkum!!!!

In order to be successful in SL as a west Cumbria team they would have to have on board the board and fans of Town and I can assure you that isn't going to happen.    It could have done a few years ago when both clubs were willing to talk about it but that has long passed by and if your board of directors are looking to have a new team/club/??? to play in their new stadium it will not be West Cumbria.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #29 on: 17 May 2010, 05:21:55 pm
Jammy Dodger - maybe some are past their 'sell by' date. Maybe some are too old, maybe some have become too complacent, maybe some have attitude problems. Maybe the peolple brought in as replacements are not good enough. Maybe the coach is a joke, maybe the BOD are disillusioned/have other agendas/are not capable. Maybe the paying public are fed up to the back teeth of the ineptitude/lack of vision/financial mismanagement/false promises of the past and present BOD of the club.
Maybe all of the supporters who are staying away  will return when we get back to winning ways in the 2nd division next season. Maybe they won't. People have had enough marra. I know I have.