HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Stokes to go no more!!!!

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #30 on: 17 May 2010, 07:32:56 pm
I agree with Keith,  ;D the conspiracy theory is total tosh.

I also agree with Razz, the new stadium is the key to a bright future for WRLFC, and all, (it's a big all at the moment), that is needed is to get over this 'bad patch'.

The club needs to be stabilised for 2-3 years, while the new stadium becomes a reality, (hopefully). To ditch the stadium in favour of another round of spending on class players and chasing the likes of Barrow, Widnes, Halifax etc makes no sense what so ever.

What we need is 2-3 steady seasons, comfortable in mid table, get into the new stadium, start to feed of the healthy stadium turn over, and then begin to build a team to challenge for honours.

That, (as I have already said elsewhere) is why I believe Ged Stokes was given his new contract, having convinced the BOD that he could deliver a secure competitive team, with little expenditure on players, thus allowing the BOD a free(er) run at debt reduction and stadia building.

Unfortunately the wheels have come off big time, and clearly Stokes is under pressure because the team are not performing for him. I still believe Stokes and this team could deliver safety this season, but not while the goings on I have detailed elsewhere continue.

Offline ken kerr

• Academy Signing
Reply #31 on: 17 May 2010, 07:35:21 pm
its would save the club money just to pay him away the club would be better off
We ain't got any money!
And the thing is if you arent going to watch them playing (i use that term loosely!!)you wont have any money!!

As I have said before - I ain't bothered my dear - if the players and coach don't give a hoot - why should I pour my hard earned cash into a sinking ship.

Because if you dont you wont have any club at all

Offline wreckry

• Academy Star
Reply #32 on: 17 May 2010, 07:51:18 pm
Wreckry too same to you marra
town might go up spacecake :o :o ;)

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #33 on: 17 May 2010, 09:17:15 pm
We ain't got any money!
And the thing is if you arent going to watch them playing (i use that term loosely!!)you wont have any money!!

As I have said before - I ain't bothered my dear - if the players and coach don't give a hoot - why should I pour my hard earned cash into a sinking ship.

Again my dear - tough!  When they learn to be bothered - I MIGHT think about going back - until then - forget it
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline haven warrior

• First Team Regular
Reply #34 on: 17 May 2010, 10:29:46 pm
OK havenonline, take your foot out of your mouth, engage brain and find the posts where I have supported Ged Stokes in the way you state.

You may find posts where I have been fair to him, by suggesting his past efforts with our team, (last two seasons), warrants he have more time, and a better chance to sort things out this season, especially given the financial situation we are in and the miserable match time efforts of the team he coaches.

However you will not find a single post where I offered my unconditional support to him. Nor where I have said he is a good or bad coach, as like you and many others, I have no first hand experience of his methods or delivery.

It's unfortunate that your limited ability to see who is really letting you down week after week continues to colour your judgement of under performing individuals in the team, and likewise your personal ability to read into posts what is actually written.

A few weeks ago I said Stokes should only be given a few more games to try to turn things around. To my mind that period of time has now expired. As he has failed to make a difference, he should now go, as should however a number of the first team squad, who have conveniently forgotten how to tackle, backup, track back, cover, avoid stupid penalties, etc etc and who cannot attain a fitness level to compete. That is to my mind, consistency in posting, not something your noted for.

You may also want to check the number of posts occurring on here in the recent past demanding that we sign duel registration players, get in new players, get players on loan etc etc. Now that's happening, your apparently not happy. Beggers belief how butterflies flit around doesn't it.

So once again, foot out of mouth and engage brain.

Yes and sicken the lads in the reserves team who are more than capable of stepping up but can't get a look in.
Winners MAKE it happen, losers LET it happen!

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #35 on: 17 May 2010, 11:06:43 pm
You may be right wreckry town may go up time will tell but blackpool and hunslet with teams they,ve got will take some beating marra

Offline ken kerr

• Academy Signing
Reply #36 on: 20 May 2010, 07:47:34 pm
We ain't got any money!

Again my dear - tough!  When they learn to be bothered - I MIGHT think about going back - until then - forget it
Whats your plans for Sunday then?

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #37 on: 20 May 2010, 08:03:50 pm
None of your beeswax :)  Enjoy yours

Offline harry callaghan

• Academy Star
Reply #38 on: 20 May 2010, 09:27:27 pm
her plans are to sit onhere,post the scores and generally slag off a team she no longer goes to watch.Like she does most sundays
Whitehaven are so lucky to have suppoters like you
« Last Edit: 20 May 2010, 10:04:06 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #39 on: 20 May 2010, 09:41:24 pm

her plans are to sit onhere,post the scores and generally slag off a team she no longer goes to watch.Like she does most sundays

Totally uncalled for remarks.    Kissing all those backsides must be making you very bitter, maybe you should give it rest.  :bow: :bow:
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #40 on: 20 May 2010, 10:05:29 pm

Well Harry - it is really none of your business, but here goes, I have been through a period of ill health (nature of which you don't need to know) plus other personal issues which have prevented me from also attending matches, so therefore, the radio commentary, was my only link to the matches.

I have put many a pound into WRLFC, via gate entrances, lotteries, draws etc so I deem that this entitles me to have MY say on what I do in regard to my attendance or indeed non-attendance at matches - so deary, until you know the FULL facts, keep your stupid comments to yourself - we are all entitled to an opinion, and exercise mine - but I NEVER get personal unlike yourself, quite a shame you have to get personal because it makes you look foolish when someone gives you the facts.  Touche my dear, touche!

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #41 on: 20 May 2010, 10:11:05 pm

Totally uncalled for remarks.    Kissing all those backsides must be making you very bitter, maybe you should give it rest.  :bow: :bow:
Keith, people like that are to be pitied more than chastised.  As they bothered to pick out my post alone regarding not going to matches, proves they have an axe to grind - that's fine, I also have one to grind, and I exercise my democratic right to withdraw my financial support from a team and/or coach that, in my opinion, have withdrawn their fire and passion.  Why should I bother if they don't?  Makes sense to me.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #42 on: 20 May 2010, 10:52:36 pm
i bet mrs haven warrior has put more cash into haven than harry callaghan by the way harry or vic when did you last pay to attend a haven game?

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #43 on: 20 May 2010, 11:16:24 pm

Well Harry - it is really none of your business, but here goes, I have been through a period of ill health (nature of which you don't need to know) plus other personal issues which have prevented me from also attending matches, so therefore, the radio commentary, was my only link to the matches.

I have put many a pound into WRLFC, via gate entrances, lotteries, draws etc so I deem that this entitles me to have MY say on what I do in regard to my attendance or indeed non-attendance at matches - so deary, until you know the FULL facts, keep your stupid comments to yourself - we are all entitled to an opinion, and exercise mine - but I NEVER get personal unlike yourself, quite a shame you have to get personal because it makes you look foolish when someone gives you the facts.  Touche my dear, touche!

100% behind you mrs HW

harry, yet another one who's posts and opinions would be better received and vaildated if it weren't for the personal attacks

i too will be giving it a miss on sunday, and will continue to do so as long as HE is "coach".
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline haven24/7

• Academy Star
Reply #44 on: 21 May 2010, 12:17:21 pm
Why doesn't everyone who supports haven get a grip and accept that he is going to remain as coach of the club with the full backing of the board

Moderator Note:  Profanity removed - please refrain from using such language (even though it was partially disguised)
« Last Edit: 21 May 2010, 01:10:11 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »