HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

how many men

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 23 May 2010, 10:33:27 pm
I wouldn't bank on Cummins doing anything,! He hates Whitehaven, always has done, always will, There's one thing for sure,NOTHING WILL BE DONE ABOUT IT.

Cummins is a Whitehaven bloke but maybe he won't want to seem bias so he'll give Leigh the benefit of the doubt. ??? ???

Offline Leyther_Matt

• Academy Signing
Reply #16 on: 24 May 2010, 01:20:01 pm
At no point whatsoever were there 14 Leigh players on the field yesterday. FACT.

Duffy came on, McConnell went off > 4th official cocks up substitution > Referee indicates that Duffy wasn't a permitted substitution, so reverts the change, bringing McConnell back on and showing Duffy a red card which, as he was at that point classed as being a substitute because of McConnell's return on to the field meant he (Duffy) was not allowed to re-enter the field of play at any point. Simples.

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #17 on: 24 May 2010, 01:42:27 pm
At no point whatsoever were there 14 Leigh players on the field yesterday. FACT.

Duffy came on, McConnell went off > 4th official cocks up substitution > Referee indicates that Duffy wasn't a permitted substitution, so reverts the change, bringing McConnell back on and showing Duffy a red card which, as he was at that point classed as being a substitute because of McConnell's return on to the field meant he (Duffy) was not allowed to re-enter the field of play at any point. Simples.
were you at the game for 2 minutes you had 14 men on the field and as for rowley and the water carriers basic cheating. millward is an ass :nod: :nod: :nod:
born and bred haven.

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #18 on: 24 May 2010, 01:50:10 pm

funny the match commissioner seems to have a different story to yours

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline SRC

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 24 May 2010, 02:22:32 pm
I think (hope) Leigh should be docked all 3 points.  :nod:

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 24 May 2010, 02:40:21 pm

were you at the game for 2 minutes you had 14 men on the field and as for rowley and the water carriers basic cheating. millward is an ass :nod: :nod: :nod:

now now shaun, you know thats an insult to asses!!!! :nod: :nod: :nod:
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #21 on: 24 May 2010, 02:49:51 pm

now now shaun, you know thats an insult to asses!!!! :nod: :nod: :nod:
i am not a millward fan and i thought he was out of order with his tactics yesterday and sending the water men and rowley every 2 minutes :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:
born and bred haven.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 24 May 2010, 02:54:14 pm
good cover way of giving them game instructions.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 24 May 2010, 05:43:28 pm
fax were through out the cup for a far less serious offence, its up to our board to show some bottle and take on Red Hall, if the game isnt awarded to us.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #24 on: 24 May 2010, 06:08:25 pm
Just seen on sky sports news that the RFL are investigating it
« Last Edit: 24 May 2010, 06:19:32 pm by haven lad 06 »
haven till i die

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 24 May 2010, 06:22:39 pm
its just been on border/ via newcastle  news lol

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #26 on: 24 May 2010, 09:27:53 pm

LEAGUE LOOK AT LEIGH GAME

The Rugby Football League are investigating a complaint that Leigh had an extra player on the field when they scored the all-important try in their 12-8 Co-operative Championship victory at Whitehaven on Sunday.

Whitehaven claim that Leigh hooker John Duffy had gone on to replace Dave McConnell just before the hour but both players were on the pitch when Robbie Paul scored the try that put the Centurions in front.

"It had a major bearing on the result and that should not have happened," said Whitehaven coach Ged Stokes.

"The direct fruit of them playing 14 men was that Leigh scored the try that won them the game.

"There have been situations where teams have lost points from this."

The controversy continued when referee Craig Halloran sent Duffy off for entering the field of play without the permission of the fourth official, although Leigh continued with 13 players after being allowed to replace him with a substitute.

Stokes added: "My interpretation of the rule is that no player who is sent off can be replaced by another player.

"We will put in an appeal against Leigh playing 14 men and the rest will play out during the week."

An RFL spokesman said the League had asked for a copy of the dvd of the match before deciding what action, if any, to take.

"We have received reports from the match and we have written to Leigh saying we are investigating a claim that they fielded 14 players during the game," he said.

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #27 on: 24 May 2010, 10:59:01 pm
At least the RFL are investigating the incident but they tend to go in favour of the bigger club. There the most biased sporting rulers out there.

It wouldn't surprise me 1 bit if they let the score stand. If it was the other way round the would have a different outlook on it.

If the result does stand its yet more evidence of how corrupt the RFL really are.

Offline JAYFORHAVEN

• Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 25 May 2010, 11:13:44 am
I dont understand how the trainer got red card, came off the field changed his shirt and went right back on again,at a workington match this happend and he was made to go down the tunnel and change

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #29 on: 25 May 2010, 03:39:44 pm
I dont understand how the trainer got red card, came off the field changed his shirt and went right back on again,at a workington match this happend and he was made to go down the tunnel and change

Can't beleive they dressed their water carrier in a similar top to what their players were in. He was on the pitch for quite some time before getting the red card