• First Team Backup
on: 10 Jul 2010, 03:56:52 pm
Lads are up 18 - 6 at half time.

Tries: Farrer, S Fox and Skee

Goals: Skee x 2 and Cook

Offline Enoch

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2010, 04:35:30 pm
Part way through the half the score is now 26 - 18 to Haven.

Further tries from Spencer and Penrice.

Offline Enoch

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 10 Jul 2010, 04:46:57 pm
Final Score 36 - 18. A further try from Spencer and two goals from Cook.

Another good win for the lads!

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #3 on: 10 Jul 2010, 05:20:54 pm
Great result, anyone know what the crowd was?

Justonelittlepoint

Reply #4 on: 10 Jul 2010, 05:31:04 pm
couple hundred or so John bit disappointing....weather will have put some off.Was nice see some people had made an effort get down who dont normally go though.

Justonelittlepoint

Reply #5 on: 10 Jul 2010, 06:02:18 pm
By way hope the lad carried off, Ackerley i think it was, is ok.!...was very brave going down for the ball and looked to have got a kick to the head.Stretchered off and taken away in ambulance
speedy recovery to him!

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 10 Jul 2010, 06:33:11 pm
Team was

Cook
Ackerley
Darby
Miller S
Penrice
Fox S
Skee
Farrer
Watson
Lithgow
Crellin
Stephenson
Shackley

Subs

Mahovic    2nd game of the day !!!!
Leak         Didnt Play
Ford         Didnt Play
Campbell

Tries Miller 2, Penrice, Fox, Skee, Farrer
Goals Cook 3, Skee

Ford got injured warming up, so we played with a 2 man bench, after Ackerley was stretchered off, we played with 1 Sub most of game, so it was a great victory.

HW

Offline DELL

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 10 Jul 2010, 07:22:47 pm
Congradulations to the lads who played this afternoon, they put everything into getting a result and they really were out on their feet at the end, no one more so than Farrar who was obviously injured and in pain at every step, and Mahovic who arrived half way through the first half after playing a full match for the County Under 18's and seemed exhausted at one point in the second half.

Well done to Chris Wright for good coaching and leadership.

On a downer, I can't for the life of me understand how the club could fail to support such a great effort, they are in with a chance of achieving and still they struggled to put a team out and we have quality players in the stand wanting to play but are being forced out.
What an absolute disgrace, those responsible hang your heads in shame, and I include the other coaches who are guilty by their silence.

Online haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 10 Jul 2010, 07:24:05 pm
ackerley is ok and ford is out for the season

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #9 on: 10 Jul 2010, 07:28:30 pm
I Thought Spencer miller played well for the reserves today 2 tries and 1 assisst

Offline bonaparte

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 10 Jul 2010, 11:03:51 pm
watched the first half and was very impressed by the organisation and the talking between players it was non stop. Whitehaven were a team first and foremost and that brought out the best in certain players.Full credit to the coaches and players for that.They tried things some worked some didn't but it never hampered their performance if something went wrong they dusted themselves down and started again.The Hunslet team included some big units and most were of an age when their experience should have counted and before the game i thought we would struggle.So hats off to a very good team performance and quite few of this team could, should , and would play for the firsts and not disgrace themselves

Justonelittlepoint

Reply #11 on: 10 Jul 2010, 11:16:23 pm
I agree and thought this Wednesday at Barrow and remember they had several players missing today Leak,Rossi,Hamzat,Dalton,Bower,Ford

Who is the young lad who scored Luke Penrice ?

Think we have a re-arranged game next Sunday against York at home...lets hope weather is better and few more get down.

Offline pies4dotty

• Academy Signing
Reply #12 on: 11 Jul 2010, 12:07:48 am
Couldn't see our 1st team coach or anybody from the BOD down there today....is the reserve grade below them? How do they know who should be worthy of next seasons contracts if they dont personally see these games and the effort put in by the lads,  who actually play well, with a GOOD COACH organising them?

Offline Cumberland

• Academy Signing
Reply #13 on: 11 Jul 2010, 12:27:08 am
Couldn't see our 1st team coach or anybody from the BOD down there today....is the reserve grade below them? How do they know who should be worthy of next seasons contracts if they dont personally see these games and the effort put in by the lads,  who actually play well, with a GOOD COACH organising them?
Sorry i 've been to every reserve home game this year and with the exception of the 1st team in France Ged has been down at the Rec, how could you not here him today as i was on the pop side and i could here him from the grand stand.

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #14 on: 11 Jul 2010, 07:46:04 am
Our coach was definitely down today  :nod: :nod: