HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Matty signs on?

Guest · 51 · 2136

knowitall

on: 14 Jul 2010, 03:57:14 pm
At Saturdays reserve game I was informed that Matty had agreed the paycut, but he only agreed to sign on until the end of this season.

Calvert refused the paycut and his contract is up at the end of the season?

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM?

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2010, 04:08:46 pm
apparently calvert signed then back tracked on his decision jacko and sicey only ones not to sign
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2010, 06:09:28 pm
And the problem is?.....................

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 14 Jul 2010, 06:45:51 pm
At Saturdays reserve game I was informed that Matty had agreed the paycut, but he only agreed to sign on until the end of this season.

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM?
Down the coast next season...
the only way is up.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 14 Jul 2010, 06:57:05 pm

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM?
thought you lot already had the perfect team or so you thought ::)
« Last Edit: 14 Jul 2010, 07:03:46 pm by chocbluegold »
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 14 Jul 2010, 07:01:39 pm
Calverts departure wouldnt suprise me at all. Granted hes been a good player for Haven but in his head hes 100 times better. Same with Spencer Miller and Rudd.

Offline haven23

• Academy Signing
Reply #6 on: 14 Jul 2010, 07:22:34 pm
Calverts departure wouldnt suprise me at all. Granted hes been a good player for Haven but in his head hes 100 times better. Same with Spencer Miller and Rudd.

Dead right pal calvert gone backwards!!! Matty,jacko and sicey always try 100% gutted if they go..Sicey just hadn't had a chance since he re-signed..

Offline haven boys

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 14 Jul 2010, 07:56:28 pm
I think if Matty and Calvet dont go anywhere else they'll stay with us. I think they'll want paid if their going to play...

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 14 Jul 2010, 08:44:34 pm

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM?
thought you lot already had the perfect team or so you thought ::)
Peurile as usual.
the only way is up.

Offline haven24/7

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 14 Jul 2010, 10:03:21 pm
Barramarra you would have to release some of your players unordered to sign more n DES can't be happy at the moment having all them ex super league players on board and your not in contention for anything this year.  Academy can hardly get a team together.  Or is that the barrow bod intention?  Sign who Evers free, play them in the academy n the good old orange segments will go flying round the changing rooms again

IceMan : Red text altered to remove a posibly libelous statement, come on guys, show some common sense :/
« Last Edit: 15 Jul 2010, 03:34:24 pm by IceMan »

Offline haven24/7

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 14 Jul 2010, 10:20:14 pm
The unordered was meant to read unfortunatley.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 14 Jul 2010, 10:56:23 pm
why would barrow want calvert? theyve got ballard and nixon

sice and jacko would be in my 17 every week

i seriousley hope carl rudd goes

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #12 on: 15 Jul 2010, 12:06:55 am
To be frank on this years efforts only Mattinson would be a loss.  As someone else has said i couldnt actually see anyone but mattinson get close to the Barrow team so be surprised if Barrow want anyone other than mattinson.

Good luck to him he is much better than the team he is playing in at Haven and while obviously prefer he stayed wouldnt expect him to want to play at the standard of Gatreshead / Scolars etc next year. I certainly woulnt pay to watch it .   

newton

Reply #13 on: 15 Jul 2010, 07:15:52 am
agree cant see calv in barrow side deffo keep sice and jacko (cant see that ) and get rid of rudd he dont deserve a new contract after all the hype at start of season saying fully fit ete think we have carried him for a couple of seasons now.i would give skee another chance with a better number 6 and think he would be a differant player.think we have been a team of under achivers this year amor has been a big let down and know one really setting the world alight from reseves like the last couple of years eg gregg and kyle last year.

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #14 on: 15 Jul 2010, 08:03:43 am
To be frank on this years efforts only Mattinson would be a loss.  As someone else has said i couldnt actually see anyone but mattinson get close to the Barrow team so be surprised if Barrow want anyone other than mattinson.

Good luck to him he is much better than the team he is playing in at Haven and while obviously prefer he stayed wouldnt expect him to want to play at the standard of Gatreshead / Scolars etc next year. I certainly woulnt pay to watch it .
well said boxer matty has by far been our best player this season and couldnt knock the lad for wanting away. i for 1 would love him to stay  :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
born and bred haven.