HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Matty signs on?

Guest · 51 · 2137

Offline SRC

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 15 Jul 2010, 10:49:50 am
DES can't be happy at the moment having all them ex super league players on board and your not in contention for anything this year.

So we're not in contention for the Grand Final ?

Have the RFL changed the rules ?  I could have sworn there was a top 6 playoff.

If we win our 2 games in hand we'll go into 2nd place.  Add a Challenge Cup win away at Cas this year and I'd say most Barrow fans are pretty happy at the moment.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #16 on: 15 Jul 2010, 11:41:37 am
Jacko has done absolutely nothing this year. Trots around the field, misses tackles, takes an age to get back into the line, generally second or third man in when he does get involved, no drive going forward, no leadership.

Then he doesn't sign on to a new contract aimed at helping the club survive. Priceless.

He's not 25% of the player of three years ago.

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #17 on: 15 Jul 2010, 12:28:02 pm
a good half back is only as good as his pack and out pack has been poor this year. slow old and not up to it. hard to blame rudd who has not has a set 7 with him. rudd will destroy the league below us.
calvert would be a miss but an easily replacable miss i think.
sice is the man that need to be playin at the moment. gets the team the crowd behind him and makes things happen.
jacko  same as calvert really miss but replacable.

matty is our hot property though in him sice and chris smith we prob have the best choice of hookers in the league but are being wasted. i know smith not quite there but he will be soon

Offline wonky

• First Team Backup
Reply #18 on: 15 Jul 2010, 01:26:20 pm
thats the best piece of comedy ive heard all year.rudd would destroy the league below?????? :D
i think someone lives in cuckoo land,hes a dreadful stand off,he is a goal kicker and that is it.if haven escape the drop or get relegated then he should be one of the first to be shown the door.we were told by most barrow fans that liam finch would run this league,and he has been poor most of the year,but i would still have him over rudd any day of the week.you missed out not getting holt,i know hes not going to find gaps and get away from defenders,but his rugby brain is second to none,and creates tries with his eyes shut.i certainly wouldnt swap him for mr rudd. :shake:

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #19 on: 15 Jul 2010, 01:36:15 pm
wonky as the post before yours says good half backs come from good packs and ours this season has been weak. rudd is a excellent player who along with others has failed to shine this season we had liam finch and i wouldnt pick to play at kells never mind semi pro he was dreadful for us.i also agree that rudd would cause havoc in div 1. therefore if we go down he along with matty would be ones were looking to hang onto. as for holty well he never done owt for us years ago other than kicking goals,so glad we didnt take him back.your just about hanging onto a playoff place in div 1 yet your team are suddenly one of the best sides in the league now whos in cuckoo land
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 15 Jul 2010, 06:26:28 pm
"parton.marra" Problem is, will matty and calvert be tempted to join barra?

Calvert woulldn't get his spot! Barrow will not be the force they currently are, next season. Indeed they are already on the wane. Its all built on sand - watch this space!

Offline haven warrior

• First Team Regular
Reply #21 on: 15 Jul 2010, 10:17:30 pm
agree cant see calv in barrow side deffo keep sice and jacko (cant see that ) and get rid of rudd he dont deserve a new contract after all the hype at start of season saying fully fit ete think we have carried him for a couple of seasons now.i would give skee another chance with a better number 6 and think he would be a differant player.think we have been a team of under achivers this year amor has been a big let down and know one really setting the world alight from reseves like the last couple of years eg gregg and kyle last year.
[/c

Don't start knocking the reserves just because the first team are not having a good season. Have you watched any of the reserves games this year?  They've got one hell of a squad there at present and some of them lads are more than capable of stepping up and should have been used earlier on before the big slide. At least that would have given them the experience of working with the first team and building a relationship rather than be put in 'just to try and help them out' when it's all just about too late.  The latter, I hope not, but we will have to wait and see won't we.
Winners MAKE it happen, losers LET it happen!

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #22 on: 16 Jul 2010, 08:20:12 am
thats the best piece of comedy ive heard all year.rudd would destroy the league below?????? :D
i think someone lives in cuckoo land,hes a dreadful stand off,he is a goal kicker and that is it.if haven escape the drop or get relegated then he should be one of the first to be shown the door.we were told by most barrow fans that liam finch would run this league,and he has been poor most of the year,but i would still have him over rudd any day of the week.you missed out not getting holt,i know hes not going to find gaps and get away from defenders,but his rugby brain is second to none,and creates tries with his eyes shut.i certainly wouldnt swap him for mr rudd. :shake:
you havnt watch much of rudd apart fromthis season i guess

Offline SRC

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 16 Jul 2010, 09:20:45 am
Barrow will not be the force they currently are, next season. Indeed they are already on the wane. Its all built on sand - watch this space!
Heard all this tripe when we won promotion in 2008.  We'd go straight back down, players we signed were crap ... blah, blah.

We're here to stay.  Get used to it.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #24 on: 16 Jul 2010, 10:51:46 am
so you think, no silverware players start leaving /getting dropped or not resigned crowds drop off then bang you,ll be like us theres only so much failure des will put up with.stop kidding yourself of anything else with what you,ve spent you should be up there at the top but you aint and i bet fev havent spent half as much.
« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2010, 10:56:44 am by chocbluegold »
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #25 on: 16 Jul 2010, 11:15:35 am
Who's interested in Barrow or Town we should all be on here talking about our team not bitching  with other teams fans  :grrr:

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #26 on: 16 Jul 2010, 12:19:40 pm
Who's interested in Barrow or Town we should all be on here talking about our team not bitching  with other teams fans  :grrr:
Choccy is in fact I'd say he's obsessed.
the only way is up.

Offline haven boys

• First Team Backup
Reply #27 on: 16 Jul 2010, 12:51:10 pm
What players are set to leave next year?

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #28 on: 16 Jul 2010, 01:57:18 pm
theres nothing much to say about haven that hasnt already been said in the last few months anyhow i like bringing other deluded fans back to planet earth

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #29 on: 16 Jul 2010, 02:17:19 pm
theres nothing much to say about haven that hasnt already been said in the last few months anyhow i like bringing other deluded fans back to planet earth
I love it when you predict things.
the only way is up.