HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Catalyst

Guest · 18 · 733

Justonelittlepoint

on: 19 Jul 2010, 04:15:31 pm
I think we need a 'catalyst' to improve things down at Recre, look at Joe Cole signing for Liverpool on back of a new manager...ive been p*ssed off with Liverpool as much as Haven last couple seasons and havent enjoyed watching a side ive followed since a kid...But im chuffed today and more optimistic for the future at Anfield !! :)
How we all could do with some good news and a spark at Haven, a change in coach a good signing or whatever. At the moment its all doom and gloom, people not going, cancelling lottery etc
Come on board give us some change instead of the status quo we have at moment...Players not performing,Ged not going, Fans not coming and No money to bring players in...something NEEDS to change one way or the other before there is no club!

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 19 Jul 2010, 05:57:54 pm
it will take more than joe cole to sort liverpool out, it will be a mirical if he can stay fit for most of the season.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Justonelittlepoint

Reply #2 on: 19 Jul 2010, 06:44:07 pm
Perhaps and i dont want to get into football rivalry...just saying that One piece of good news at the club can undo a hell of a lot of doom and gloom.
Get people excited,Get them talking and looking forward.
If Haven want start going forward again and getting fans back then we cant just stick with the situation we have and cross our fingers that things will work themselves out.Something needs to be done to enthuse fans and get them back before we lose some for good!

Offline gibsonspiesandoxo

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 19 Jul 2010, 07:42:00 pm
well what about this to give us a lift chris, it has been reported that allan mcguinnes is back in full training and may be available for the last 3 games.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 19 Jul 2010, 07:44:38 pm
Perhaps and i dont want to get into football rivalry...just saying that One piece of good news at the club can undo a hell of a lot of doom and gloom.
Get people excited,Get them talking and looking forward.
If Haven want start going forward again and getting fans back then we cant just stick with the situation we have and cross our fingers that things will work themselves out.Something needs to be done to enthuse fans and get them back before we lose some for good!

sacking the coach?

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 19 Jul 2010, 07:45:10 pm
well what about this to give us a lift chris, it has been reported that allan mcguinnes is back in full training and may be available for the last 3 games.

is that a **** take?

Justonelittlepoint

Reply #6 on: 19 Jul 2010, 08:31:00 pm
Thats the obvious answer change of coach,But imagine something like Rob Purdham coming home even if he was to just be a player and someone who you could try build a side around. What a buzz that would give fans..a catalyst ?
An overseas signing announcement for next year? and not waiting until end of year to start looking and then end in disappointment when we cant get paper work in order.
Just something , anything really...Something to give fans some hope that we have better things on the horizon because at moment its silence coming out the club and doom and gloom on the terraces and doesnt matter who you blame nothing really is changing.
Have a we a master plan to turn things round longer term?  survival in this division or not ?

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #7 on: 19 Jul 2010, 09:39:46 pm
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #8 on: 19 Jul 2010, 10:04:56 pm
I suspect the club and its officials are resigned to relegation by now. The team have been working to that end for most of the season anyway.

The catalyst your looking for will be a clear out of our under performing super stars, and a new start using only a couple of the present first team, perhaps one new face (someone capable and experienced to lead a team in the lower division), and the present reserve team.

The catalyst will then come from
a) their superior effort ....more shown than this years under performers and
b) them being competitive and challenging for promotion in the lower division.

Both of those together would eventually bring in 1000 to 1200 for home games.

Otherwise a miserable existence along with town and crowds of 300-400.

By the way, even Manchester United were relegated in the early 1970's. It doesn't have to be the end of the world, could turn into a new beginning and a new era for the club....... if things were handled right.

« Last Edit: 19 Jul 2010, 10:10:23 pm by cbandg01 »

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 19 Jul 2010, 10:07:12 pm
Relegation would be a disaster and I think just like Town it would take many years to recover. If however that turns out to be the case I cam only wish GED does the honourable thing along with one or two board members and we can try and try and start with a clean slate. Get someone in charge with a bit of nowse and get back to being more of a community club being able to attract young fans and get them
into the game,

Offline wreckry

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 19 Jul 2010, 11:15:49 pm
thought you had the catalyst on sunday when you beat town in the nines,at least it was for choccy :D

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 19 Jul 2010, 11:29:30 pm
i think the biggest boost would be rob purdham coming in as player coach i think the crowds would go up then!

Offline Haven Lad

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 19 Jul 2010, 11:47:02 pm
i think the biggest boost would be rob purdham coming in as player coach i think the crowds would go up then!

im sure his england chances would be boosted by player-coaching in championship 1  :shake:
Would be nice tho
Whitehaven 2010....Heres to the future.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 20 Jul 2010, 07:34:27 am
Geds said he wont walk away whatever division we are in next season

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #14 on: 20 Jul 2010, 08:39:42 am
if 2000 turned up and paid a selected individual infront of the gates 14 quid each we could then walk in and pay ged off problem solved
« Last Edit: 20 Jul 2010, 08:43:51 am by chocbluegold »
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.