HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Lacklustre performance

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
on: 18 Feb 2007, 08:22:44 pm
Couldn't  beleive  what  I  was  witnessing  for  the  1st  25mins  We  made  a  very  ordinary  Blackpool  side  actually  look  quite  good.  Referee  didn't  help  much  penalising  us  at  every  opportunity  but  in  truth  we  were  awfull.

Once  on  the  scoreboard  we  threatened  a  big  score  creating  numerous  chances.  Calvert  fluffed  one  with  the  line  at  his  mercy.  It  wasn't  until  the  last  15  we  looked  to  have  the  game  won  with  a  couple  of  late  tries. 

Not  too  many came  out  of  this  with  alot  of  credit  and  must  do  better  for  next  week.  Their  N.7  looked  very  usefull.  Billy  Beaumont  was  at  the  match  and  must  have  been  itching  to  get  a  Panther's  top  on  after  seeing  what  they were  up  against. :o

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2007, 11:39:52 pm
100% agree there pal.
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline Havener

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 19 Feb 2007, 12:32:29 am
have to agree about the ref today, he didn't seem to know what he was doing 

Offline Javtee

• Academy Signing
Reply #3 on: 19 Feb 2007, 01:08:52 pm
I too agree with all of the above comments.  I also hope that all future attempts to convert hookers into full backs is stopped,  Gary Broadbent didn't look out of spot in the centres but Sicey is definitely no full back.  If DR insists on continuing with this, Carl needs a crash course on taking high balls.  I would probably put Craig Calvert on the same couse as he also had a poor game yesterday dropping a high percentage of the passes he got.  The rest of the team were average, just doing enough to win the game. Apart from this the day was pretty good.  Fyle RUFC wasn't the best grounds I've ever seen but the hospitality was excellent.  There's a cracking bar/clubhouse which looks onto the playing area.  I'd definitely go back next year.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 19 Feb 2007, 03:31:57 pm
Fyle RUFC wasn't the best grounds I've ever seen but the hospitality was excellent.  There's a cracking bar/clubhouse which looks onto the playing area.  I'd definitely go back next year.

Totally  agree  there.  The  ground  was  a  tip  but  the  clubhouse  was  something  else.

If  we  had  the  cash  wouldn't  it  have  been  nice  to  build  something  like  that  one  the  railway  end  where  you  could  have  a  few  beers  whilst  watching  the  game  from  the  balcony.  Seating  area  could  go  on  the  popular  side.

Offline Javtee

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 19 Feb 2007, 04:44:50 pm
Your absolutely right.  It would be a license to print money before, during and after the match.

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #6 on: 21 Feb 2007, 07:19:35 am
Why are we the only club in the world that cant enjoy a beer when watching the game?
Can't stand Jam, eh!