HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Fev

Offline haven warrior

• First Team Regular
on: 23 Jul 2010, 10:13:16 pm
Good luck for Saturday lad's. Let's have another great win.

Winners MAKE it happen, losers LET it happen!

Offline haven boys

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2010, 12:23:52 am
If they win this they win the league

Justonelittlepoint

Reply #2 on: 24 Jul 2010, 03:18:38 pm
No they dont, If they lose last two games at Dewsbury and Keighley and Leigh win all theirs they finish top.

Offline Fevxr2i

• Academy Signing
Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2010, 05:18:07 pm
They didnt win anyway so all talk of league winning is off for a week at least

A strong and big haven reserve team were beaten by a much younger and less experienced Featherstone team 20-14, the winning score coming just two minutes from time

Justonelittlepoint

Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2010, 05:24:15 pm
a big and strong Haven reserve side ?

there were lads playing for Haven today who havent played a game all season,
Rayson,Armstong,Campbell,Martin and Luke Penrice made his debut last week, Plus we only had 3 subs
I think they must be scholarship kids brought in because of injuries at the club

Beat Leigh at home for us in few weeks and we maybe meetagain in the final

Offline Fevxr2i

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 24 Jul 2010, 07:37:42 pm
a big and strong Haven reserve side ?

yes thats what it says on our board from people who went to the game, have a look for yourself

Justonelittlepoint

Reply #6 on: 24 Jul 2010, 07:55:19 pm
well it certainly wasnt an experienced side, was patched up and lucky they travelled at all and from what i hear Fev may have had some first teamers in ?
Doesnt really matter, was always going be tough game and just see
Leigh have lost to widnes today 34-4...so good result for us both!

Offline mickey

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 24 Jul 2010, 09:34:34 pm
cook  came off injured very early , so had to shuffle team about with 5 or 6 debutes, thought dawsey went well,farrer and shackes were good.young stephenson looks a good prospect,

Offline haven warrior

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 24 Jul 2010, 10:26:23 pm
Had Haven gone with the reserves squad that have been playing all season that game would have been theirs. We had lad's playing out of position, players playing whilst injured because they were short (1st team call up) and we were short on the bench. On top of this the lad's then had to go out there and try and gel to secure the game. I think it's fair to say that taking all this into consideration, the lad's never let themselves or anyone else down and played some good rugby. Under the circumstances mentioned above, Fev probably should have put more points into them but they didn't and I think that tells you how it is. These lad's have done, and  always will play with the pride for the club. This result today will only make them more hungry for the remaining games. Well done for the effort today lad's and good luck for the remaining two fixtures.
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2010, 09:29:17 am by haven warrior »
Winners MAKE it happen, losers LET it happen!