HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Radio Commentary.

womble · 10 · 1280

Offline womble

• Academy Star
  • Shabba!
on: 19 Feb 2007, 08:30:46 pm
 As i was on first shift on Sunday i couldn`t get to Blackpool (Phew !!) and therefore had to listen to the match on Radio Cumbria. Obviously things didn`t go too well and after 20 minutes we were 14-0 down. This was the point in the commentary that we were informed that the worst had happened and it looked as though we were going to be beaten in the "Shock of the season".
  Can you imagine if we all had the same attitude towards going a few points down and went home as soon as it happened or if the players let their heads drop as soon as they were behind (think about Cas at home 2 seasons ago 16-0 down) ! The sense of negativity that comes out of the commentary when we go behind sometimes gives me (i listen to every game i can`t get to) the impression that our rare away defeats are eagerly anticipated in some corners.
  There was never a second on Sunday when i thought that we were going to be beaten by Blackpool, i saw it as it was, they performed to the best of their abilities, we underperformed, but eventually we were always going to be too strong for them. We got the most points it was possible to get from the game and stopped an opponent from gaining anything from the game, after 80 minutes !
  Listen to an Australian or a South African commentating on any of their sports and you wont hear too much defeatism, the total opposite and probably TOO biased.
 Wouldn`t it be better if we could instill a sense of optimism into it rather than giving the impression that people are sitting around waiting for a bubble to burst and then saying i new that was gonna happen. Maybe i just see the cup as half full and others see it as almost totally empty, apart from that little half cup full in the bottom of it !!!!
No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don`t care !

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #1 on: 19 Feb 2007, 11:21:35 pm
 Being at the match I didn't hear the commentry but believe me it was looking ominous for the first 20 mins or so. The fact that after such a short length of time it was going to be 'The shock of the season' is laughable. The team got itself together stopped giving the ref an excuse to blow his whistle and got in at half time 14 - 14. It does make you wonder how were going to do away fro home this season. Especially after some of the away defeats last season. I think the players need to be more fired up against (no disrespect) lower teams.
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 20 Feb 2007, 08:37:09 am
 Even  at  14-0  down  I  wasn't  unduly  worried.  I  always  felt  the  1st  half  might  be  close  with  us  running  away  with  it  in  the  2nd  due  to  superior  fitness.  Mind  you  had  they  scored  again  and  made  it  18/20-0  then  there  would  have  been  a  few  fingernails  coming  off. :o

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 20 Feb 2007, 04:48:11 pm
hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!

at last someone else has realised just how awful that man is!!!!!!!!!!!!

at town last week it was embarrassing listening to him waffle on
"ha ha well that was a knock on, oh he hasnt given it" " i dont know what that penalty was for!"
 the other guy who was with him,james somebody seemed to be actually watching the game and talking about it and correcting cox when he spouted his rubbish!
i have already complained to the bbc about cox but they arent interested,
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 20 Feb 2007, 05:38:29 pm
I deffo agree the radio commentary is rubbish they need to change it to someone who actually likes rugby  :D
wonder how much laddo off ;its the knock out : would charge  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #5 on: 21 Feb 2007, 07:08:12 am
I think Cox is hilarious!!   ;D ;D ;D
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 21 Feb 2007, 12:02:51 pm
dont really think i would be allowed to write on here what i truly think of cox, he still think he's a teacher, the way he spoke to aaron summers  after a game 2 seasons ago was disgusting, aaron would have been well within his rights to have flattened him!

but believe me, if i EVER see him speeding out of the recre like my wife did one game last season, whilst waiting to pick me,travelling through where the kids play after the match outside the bar, he will be reported and i'll make sure he never gets his vehicle on the ground again!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #7 on: 22 Feb 2007, 07:48:34 am
Ever thought of anger managment?  :-\
Can't stand Jam, eh!

havenchamps2005

Reply #8 on: 23 Feb 2007, 01:41:19 am
cox watches a different game to everyone else
cox and the other guy against workington said stokes was being hard on workington because they played well they didnt both cox and the other guy need took off the radio
one game last season im sure i heard cox get howard hill and john duffy mixed up the game was at the recre and i had the radio on for the other scores and was watchin the game he said and heres john duffy now carrying the ball up and duffy was on the other side of the field it was howard carying it in
i mean how can you get them 2 mixed up

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 25 Feb 2007, 10:05:09 pm
What was said on todays radio  ??? ???