HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Match Posters

Offline IceMan

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 29 Oct 2006, 12:52:56 pm

CFM charge a fee to advertise i think its around ?1500 a week

EHHHH! Well stuff them lot! Well I think we can all see that the club have looked into other ideas before! Remember at Cas when you drove in there was a big bill board on wheels...I know we already have the board by the castle but surely another on somewhere else i town would be good too...If I lived on the loop road I would put on in my front garden!!! Any one on the loop road willing to volenteer?? LOL  ;D
[/quote]
The big A Boards that Washington had for the Warrington game.  We asked about placing them in feilds on the main road down Egremont and at Parton to advertise the games.  The farmers were willing to do it but guess who put the mockers on that one YES OUR BELOVED COUNCIL.
[/quote]
The way around the council being able to veto it is to have the board on wheels rather than it being a fixed hoarding, it is then mearly being "parked" in the field and there is nothing they can do about it as it cant be called permanent if it is on wheels.
Next time your driving down the motorway notice all the trailers with advertising on them, the local council cant touch them as the aren't permanent.

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #16 on: 31 Oct 2006, 07:38:56 am
Right any joiners want to make us one and we can go and stick it in one of the fields (With the farmers permission of course)
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 31 Oct 2006, 10:03:20 am
wouldnt it be nice if some of the local shops up and down king street and lowther street were prepared to put posters in their windows?????????

though i wouldnt hold my breath!!!!!!!! after all they couldnt be bothered when we got to 2 GF's,
with the exception of Brooks on Duke Street not a single shop in the town centre wished the lads good luck or anything, but as soon as the world cup came round they all showed their support for good old england!!! must have been the "in thing"
Why cant these people support something LOCAL???????????!?!?!!they're as bad as our beloved council!

after all most if not all the players  spend money in their shops

i'll bet not a single england player bothered to come and buy anything from a whitehaven shop!!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #18 on: 31 Oct 2006, 07:08:19 pm
did anyone actually Read my post

i wouldn't mind doing the poster

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
Reply #19 on: 01 Nov 2006, 07:53:12 am
did anyone actually Read my post

i wouldn't mind doing the poster

Why don't you draft one up for the xmas party to see how it goes and email it to Champ?
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #20 on: 01 Nov 2006, 05:16:15 pm
i got a PM of des byrne and he said i have to do draft ones then he will look at them

any ideas for the drafts

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
Reply #21 on: 03 Nov 2006, 07:29:06 am
i got a PM of des byrne and he said i have to do draft ones then he will look at them

any ideas for the drafts

Cool...which you doing the xmas party?
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #22 on: 21 Feb 2007, 09:59:03 pm
I have been supplied with the first one and this can now be downloaded in the 'Downloads' section of the official site (http://www.whitehavenrl.co.uk/downloads.php) :)

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
Reply #23 on: 22 Feb 2007, 07:23:45 am
COOL EH  ;D

Anyone that know anyone with shops and pubs etc download one and ask them to stick it up!
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #24 on: 22 Feb 2007, 03:53:26 pm
just print a load off and go around the shops cant see any of them saying no..
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline kellshaven1

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 22 Feb 2007, 04:24:15 pm
didnt some one do one for the wigan game and post it ?

havenchamps2005

Reply #26 on: 23 Feb 2007, 01:43:54 am
get them posted around town
why dont the club do like they did when they played warrington they had big banners in and around town telling people

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #27 on: 25 Feb 2007, 10:03:58 pm
most shops put the england stuff in the windows because most are selling england stuff, its just a pity one shop got to sell all the Haven gear.