HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

the start of the breakup

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
on: 11 Aug 2010, 04:16:03 am
just seen a snippet that zeb luisi from barrow has signed a 3 yr deal with the wakefield wildcats for season 2011 is this the start of the dismantling of barrow rl
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline LSR

• Academy Signing
Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2010, 05:07:09 am
LOL :D  ::)

Offline billwiff

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 11 Aug 2010, 08:30:42 am
If true cant blame him for going to play at a higher level good luck to him,i was told that Barrow are in talks with 2 Haven players.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #3 on: 11 Aug 2010, 10:31:12 am
Barrow players, like the better Have players of past no doubt have it written in their contracts about leaving if a SL club comes or them. Liek said above can hardly blaming a player for signing for a SL club or Barrow for letting him go. Not as if Barrow are going to beat Widnes to the next franchise  ;)
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline SRC

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 11 Aug 2010, 12:15:56 pm

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 11 Aug 2010, 01:33:59 pm
If true cant blame him for going to play at a higher level good luck to him,i was told that Barrow are in talks with 2 Haven players.

barrow tried to sign 2 haven players before the deadline, but were put off by the price tags on the haven players, 1 of the haven lads said he definatley would not go to barrow while other was tempted

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #6 on: 11 Aug 2010, 02:37:05 pm
matty was the one that didnt want to go i heard

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #7 on: 11 Aug 2010, 05:56:50 pm
And Calvert was interested, but didn't know where to catch the train to Barrow from, ...he asked if it meant him first taking the bus to Carlisle to get a connection.

Barrow then withdrew their interest !!!  It's absolutely true believe me !!

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 11 Aug 2010, 07:32:01 pm

that is correct, the other player was calvert

Offline SRC

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 11 Aug 2010, 09:52:54 pm
Zeb has posted on his Facebook Wall that the Wakefield story is tripe.

It wouldn't surprise me if a SL club came in for him, but at the mo he's still at Barrow for the rest of 2010 and 2011.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #10 on: 12 Aug 2010, 04:17:16 pm
Im sure he will be pleased to know that you are on here reporting facts that he gave you, i assume, in a private conversation
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline GETEMONSIDE

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 13 Aug 2010, 09:49:39 pm
Other players are talking to Town as well.

I fear the worst, Haven are Doomed I tell thee, Doooommmmmeeeeedddddd!  :-[

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #12 on: 13 Aug 2010, 10:14:26 pm
Surely they can only be talking to Town if Haven have gave them permission ,im led to believe that contracted players cannot talk without clubs permission until Sept 1st ???

Offline GETEMONSIDE

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 13 Aug 2010, 10:22:06 pm
Surely they can only be talking to Town if Haven have gave them permission ,im led to believe that contracted players cannot talk without clubs permission until Sept 1st ???
Ever heard of the term "tapped up"?

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #14 on: 16 Aug 2010, 08:39:31 pm
just seen a snippet that zeb luisi from barrow has signed a 3 yr deal with the wakefield wildcats for season 2011 is this the start of the dismantling of barrow rl
A player whose rumored to be joining a SL club & this is the start of the break up of Barrow. I suspect it's more like wishful thinking on your behalf.
the only way is up.