HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

the start of the breakup

ca28

Reply #15 on: 16 Aug 2010, 08:42:55 pm
Good luck Barrow for the play offs I'm sure sunday was just a glitch. You got any spare coaches from your impending break up  ;)

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #16 on: 18 Aug 2010, 11:42:33 pm
not having a dig just stating the obvious crowd just over 1300 and two big defeats somethings up
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #17 on: 19 Aug 2010, 12:22:48 am
One things for sure they cant pay the wages of the squad they have on those crowds.  Last three crowds have been 1400 odd 1400 and 1330  - well down on last year Bareck Rooney Luisi Fletcher Catic Young Coyle Roberts Blackwood Ballard Bauer Noone Knowles Ostler  thats 13 travelling players  who will all command decent contracts sums dont add up IMO   Des to take some action soon i reckon.

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #18 on: 19 Aug 2010, 05:59:33 pm
One things for sure they cant pay the wages of the squad they have on those crowds.  Last three crowds have been 1400 odd 1400 and 1330  - well down on last year Bareck Rooney Luisi Fletcher Catic Young Coyle Roberts Blackwood Ballard Bauer Noone Knowles Ostler  thats 13 travelling players  who will all command decent contracts sums dont add up IMO   Des to take some action soon i reckon.
1100 odd down on this time last year.
the only way is up.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #19 on: 19 Aug 2010, 08:01:18 pm
1100 odd down on this time last year.

For the game at home with widnes last year (which was roughly around this time) you got 3000. that my friend is over a 50% decrease for the corresponding fixture within 12 months. That does not make good reading for the money men
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline leytherjay

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 21 Aug 2010, 10:12:13 am
Wouldnt suerprise me to see Blackwood back at Leigh next season............. wouldnt say no to Calvert either.......a lot faster than the donkeys we got now. :nod:

Offline HWL

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 21 Aug 2010, 02:16:15 pm
Wouldnt suerprise me to see Blackwood back at Leigh next season............. wouldnt say no to Calvert either.......a lot faster than the DONKEYS we got now. :nod:
Which Town players are they, Leytherjay? :D

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #22 on: 23 Aug 2010, 08:30:01 am
just seen a snippet that zeb luisi from barrow has signed a 3 yr deal with the wakefield wildcats for season 2011 is this the start of the dismantling of barrow rl
A player whose rumored to be joining a SL club & this is the start of the break up of Barrow. I suspect it's more like wishful thinking on your behalf.

Players leaving, results on the downward, HMRC issues sounds like summats not right
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #23 on: 23 Aug 2010, 08:37:26 am
oh dear amazing how they havent been n here
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #24 on: 23 Aug 2010, 01:49:05 pm
just seen a snippet that zeb luisi from barrow has signed a 3 yr deal with the wakefield wildcats for season 2011 is this the start of the dismantling of barrow rl
A player whose rumored to be joining a SL club & this is the start of the break up of Barrow. I suspect it's more like wishful thinking on your behalf.

Players leaving, results on the downward, HMRC issues sounds like summats not right
Where the revenue & customs come into it ?
the only way is up.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #25 on: 23 Aug 2010, 03:14:09 pm
hink in some ways Barrow are in a worse positon than us if things go belly up.  They have no reserve team all their local players have signed up for Town   Of the current team Broadent and Mcdermott will prob call it quits this year.

That leaves Catic, Bauer,Coyle , Rooney, Barek, Noone, Blackwood, Ballard, Fletcher, Luisi, Carlisle, Young, Ostler, Knowles and James - who must be costing them a fortune on Crowds that can not suport those wages.  If Des pulls the plug and he must be getting nervous at the ammount he is having to pump in to cover wages this year - those fourteen will have left South  Cumbria before the water has drained away and would not give two hoots about where it left barrow.

That as far as i can see leave Butler, Mcgrath, Harrison, Nixon and Mossop as the core of Barrow. 

Des may carry on funding the team - but results suggest that the players are not happy with something and we all know whats most importent to traveling players.  For the Barrow fans sake i hope Des has at least one more year and trys to lay some foundations for the club rather than trying to build something without any foundations.     

Offline alba

• Academy Signing
Reply #26 on: 23 Aug 2010, 06:03:39 pm
hink in some ways Barrow are in a worse positon than us if things go belly up.  They have no reserve team all their local players have signed up for Town   Of the current team Broadent and Mcdermott will prob call it quits this year.

That leaves Catic, Bauer,Coyle , Rooney, Barek, Noone, Blackwood, Ballard, Fletcher, Luisi, Carlisle, Young, Ostler, Knowles and James - who must be costing them a fortune on Crowds that can not suport those wages.  If Des pulls the plug and he must be getting nervous at the ammount he is having to pump in to cover wages this year - those fourteen will have left South  Cumbria before the water has drained away and would not give two hoots about where it left barrow.

That as far as i can see leave Butler, Mcgrath, Harrison, Nixon and Mossop as the core of Barrow. 

Des may carry on funding the team - but results suggest that the players are not happy with something and we all know whats most importent to traveling players.  For the Barrow fans sake i hope Des has at least one more year and trys to lay some foundations for the club rather than trying to build something without any foundations.   
You may be right, but if it happened im sure Barrow would deal with it, as im sure Whitehaven will deal with their problems, and hopefully we can have three strong teams playing good rugby.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #27 on: 24 Aug 2010, 08:50:21 am
Found it quite revealling thta Des stated in his inteeview that "there was no rush to appoint a coach no rugby is played in Oct Nov Dec"  That too my mind probably indicates two things (1) he is looking to save money (2) He will be choosing the players the coaches works with i.e you dont play Rugby in Oct Nov Dec but you certainly sign the team then and if DJ is choosing a coach until then who is deciding who plays next year. 

Really wouldnt surprise me if he coaches them himself.  I hear Clarky just takes the first team at weekends and Des looks after them Monday to Friday at the moment 

Offline alba

• Academy Signing
Reply #28 on: 24 Aug 2010, 09:21:42 am
Found it quite revealling thta Des stated in his inteeview that "there was no rush to appoint a coach no rugby is played in Oct Nov Dec"  That too my mind probably indicates two things (1) he is looking to save money (2) He will be choosing the players the coaches works with i.e you dont play Rugby in Oct Nov Dec but you certainly sign the team then and if DJ is choosing a coach until then who is deciding who plays next year. 

Really wouldnt surprise me if he coaches them himself.  I hear Clarky just takes the first team at weekends and Des looks after them Monday to Friday at the moment

Again you might be right, but why should what Des does bother Haven fans, if you look on Barrow sight plenty of critics of Barrow nothing bad about Haven thats haow it should be

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #29 on: 24 Aug 2010, 10:23:23 am
Its Haven site with an other clubs section - to discuss other clubs its not as if we are posting on the Barrow forum