HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

the start of the breakup

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #30 on: 24 Aug 2010, 10:41:11 am
Well said boxer. And alba if us Haven fans talking about Barrow upsets you then then the answer is quite simple really, dont read it!!!

While we are Haven fans we do also like to talk about the sport in general
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #31 on: 24 Aug 2010, 01:23:02 pm
just seen a snippet that zeb luisi from barrow has signed a 3 yr deal with the wakefield wildcats for season 2011 is this the start of the dismantling of barrow rl
A player whose rumored to be joining a SL club & this is the start of the break up of Barrow. I suspect it's more like wishful thinking on your behalf.

Players leaving, results on the downward, HMRC issues sounds like summats not right
Where the revenue & customs come into it ?
work collague season ticket holder at CP
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline alba

• Academy Signing
Reply #32 on: 24 Aug 2010, 01:41:34 pm
Well said boxer. And alba if us Haven fans talking about Barrow upsets you then then the answer is quite simple really, dont read it!!!

While we are Haven fans we do also like to talk about the sport in general
/quote]

I think your right, I like to visit all forums, but I think I will give this one a miss in future, I have never been on any other forum as nasty as this one with personal abuse apparently normal, I am sure the majority of Haven fans are great, but you lot have probably forced them out.

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #33 on: 24 Aug 2010, 05:30:16 pm
just seen a snippet that zeb luisi from barrow has signed a 3 yr deal with the wakefield wildcats for season 2011 is this the start of the dismantling of barrow rl
A player whose rumored to be joining a SL club & this is the start of the break up of Barrow. I suspect it's more like wishful thinking on your behalf.

Players leaving, results on the downward, HMRC issues sounds like summats not right
So are hundreds of others doesn`t mean to say they know the workings of Des or Barrow.
Ive been to the recre once or twice does that qualify me to go on about Havens finances etc?
the only way is up.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #34 on: 24 Aug 2010, 06:21:20 pm
Barramarra, I start by saying that I hope things are not going belly up down there, but even you, (obviously a loyal supporter), must be very concerned, and be able to admit that that close up, and from afar, (Whitehaven), recent happenings and results at Barrow RLFC clearly signal that things are going terribly wrong, and that there is a real danger that it all stems from Des, his financial support and his hold on all things close to team performance, i.e coaching, players, pay, incentives and recruitment / dismissals.

For what is essentially a none RLF background, he seems to have far too much input into the day to day running of the club. It's that which I and others believe is now bringing the problems which we see as the developing fiasco at Barrow.

The players are not performing, don't seem to be committed and happy, and the coach has left, (again). And Barrow have what everyone in Championship accepts to be by far the strongest squad in the division.

I smell a very strong financial rat some where. 

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #35 on: 24 Aug 2010, 09:04:25 pm
Barramarra, I start by saying that I hope things are not going belly up down there, but even you, (obviously a loyal supporter), must be very concerned, and be able to admit that that close up, and from afar, (Whitehaven), recent happenings and results at Barrow RLFC clearly signal that things are going terribly wrong, and that there is a real danger that it all stems from Des, his financial support and his hold on all things close to team performance, i.e coaching, players, pay, incentives and recruitment / dismissals.

For what is essentially a none RLF background, he seems to have far too much input into the day to day running of the club. It's that which I and others believe is now bringing the problems which we see as the developing fiasco at Barrow.

The players are not performing, don't seem to be committed and happy, and the coach has left, (again). And Barrow have what everyone in Championship accepts to be by far the strongest squad in the division.

I smell a very strong financial rat some where.
Deffo something not right as i say plenty of rumours abound & i dare say there`ll be something in some of them.
the only way is up.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #36 on: 24 Aug 2010, 09:07:11 pm
your going thro a bad patch at the min pal but with the team uve got if you get to the final you could still win it marra

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #37 on: 25 Aug 2010, 01:15:56 am
Who says its BarrowRLFC that the lovely people from HMRC are investigating??

Take it from fans that know when things are beginning to go drastically wrong, something definitely aint right at CP. Like cbandg I sincerely hope that things do not go down the pan for you guys
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #38 on: 25 Aug 2010, 08:25:59 pm
Got to agree with Alba here, there seems to be a very small minority of bitter and twisted people on this site. Why should anybody have an axe to grind with Barra? Fair enough, it looks like the wheels might be coming off, but who, in their right minds, would want a club to go through what we have gone through of late?! It wasn't so long since Barra were on the verge of going under and I for one remember the messages of support from this site.

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #39 on: 25 Aug 2010, 08:41:20 pm

So are hundreds of others doesn`t mean to say they know the workings of Des or Barrow.
Ive been to the recre once or twice does that qualify me to go on about Havens finances etc?

Time will tel 1 way or t'other BM
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline billwiff

• Academy Star
Reply #40 on: 26 Aug 2010, 09:55:26 pm
Some players didnt seem to be trying v widnes and that is a disgrace in any league whats wrong i dont know heard the rumours etc, time will tell.What i find sad is some haven fans seem to get more excited at another teams defeats than anything there own team does

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #41 on: 26 Aug 2010, 10:01:46 pm
Some players didnt seem to be trying v widnes and that is a disgrace in any league whats wrong i dont know heard the rumours etc, time will tell.What i find sad is some haven fans seem to get more excited at another teams defeats than anything there own team does

I hope you do well marra good luck in play offo

Offline billwiff

• Academy Star
Reply #42 on: 26 Aug 2010, 10:13:23 pm
Cheers mate dont think we'll do to well but who knows,wish Haven all the best for next season.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #43 on: 27 Aug 2010, 12:03:21 am
Cheers mate dont think we'll do to well but who knows,wish Haven all the best for next season.

Now we are entering adminisration, perhaps this thread should be about us  :'(

Offline billwiff

• Academy Star
Reply #44 on: 27 Aug 2010, 09:21:49 am
Will you be on minus points when season starts ?at least you can clear the decks and start again it'll take time but you'll get there.