HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Will Admin effect our play off position

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
on: 27 Aug 2010, 03:56:30 pm
The thread title poses the question I would like considered / commented on.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 27 Aug 2010, 07:10:55 pm
Razz said on the radio that they will sanction any activity that will not cost the club financialy, so if it does not cost any mony then every thing can be ok
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2010, 04:38:45 pm
RFL operational rules says that the players must be contracted to the club to be eligible to play. If we go into administration then, depending on when that takes place, its possible that the players will no longer be contracted and so we'd not be able to field a team under RFL rules.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #3 on: 28 Aug 2010, 05:24:51 pm
Players do not automatically become free agents, it is up to the administrators to decide who they keep/release
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 28 Aug 2010, 05:45:18 pm
Players do not automatically become free agents, it is up to the administrators to decide who they keep/release

No, but they do become free agents if the company is wound up and a new one formed as their contracts were with the old company.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #5 on: 28 Aug 2010, 05:53:55 pm

No, but they do become free agents if the company is wound up and a new one formed as their contracts were with the old company.

Yes and the current company is still trading and by the sounds of it will continue trading. What Mr Raaz was suggesting was not the dissolving of the company but actually buying the current one (well thats what i thought i read and understood)
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline skidaw

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 28 Aug 2010, 05:59:44 pm
Most Haven players have not been paid properly for many weeks.
The club owe players a lot of money.

EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS ACT 1996

It is not legal for the club not to pay players. As this is a clear breach of the employment contract that players will have with the club. Rugby players are employees in the same way as individuals working in any other industry and accordingly are subject to the rights as any other employer in England and Wales under the Employment rights act 1996. One of the rights of an employee is to be paid.

WOULD A PLAYER BE ABLE TO WALK AWAY FROM HIS CONTRACT DUE TO NOT BEING PAID?

A player would be able to terminate his contract with the club due to material breach committed by the club in not paying him.

« Last Edit: 28 Aug 2010, 06:01:38 pm by skidaw »

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 28 Aug 2010, 06:01:45 pm
the agm said all players were paid up in full
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline skidaw

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 28 Aug 2010, 06:14:49 pm
the agm said all players were paid up in full
Who was the person that said this. As the players are still owed money. 
« Last Edit: 28 Aug 2010, 06:20:18 pm by skidaw »

Offline steve haven rams

• Academy Signing
  • HAVEN R.L.F. + DERBY COUNTY RULE THE WORLD
Reply #9 on: 28 Aug 2010, 06:55:44 pm
i feel that even if we lose 9 pts if we can keep the current crop of players we could still even win that league never mind achieve play offs, i only see leroy and howard calling it a day???.david seeds will be able to retain i think all the rest as they will want to play for him.

Offline sculthorpes done

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 28 Aug 2010, 07:58:35 pm

correct when are people going to realise that the contracts are void players can do what they want plus if the rumours are right a lot of players are owed a lot of money

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #11 on: 28 Aug 2010, 08:04:05 pm

correct when are people going to realise that the contracts are void players can do what they want plus if the rumours are right a lot of players are owed a lot of money

The chairman said at the AGM that all players were fully paid up to date. While our chairman has said an awful lot that hasnt come true, these were just prediction that he got wrong. This is a fact that he stated.

If he hasnt told the truth on this matter then i for one do not want him anywhere near Haven, especially as someone in control, but i cant imagine he would have made that up to be honest

Offline skidaw

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 28 Aug 2010, 09:29:24 pm

Dick Razz should make a statement as soon as possible to clarify what he has said at the AGM.
PLAYERS ARE STILL OWED MONEY

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #13 on: 28 Aug 2010, 09:32:57 pm

Dick Razz should make a statement as soon as possible to clarify what he has said at the AGM.
PLAYERS ARE STILL OWED MONEY

Apologies it was Cath Giel who said it.

If thats the case skidaw name names or go to the press about it

Offline skidaw

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 28 Aug 2010, 09:49:03 pm

Cath Geil should make a statement as soon as possible because players are owed money. It will be up to the players what course of action they take.