It's "must have" not "must of".

Basic English.

Please check your private message facility

๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline HWL

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #31 on: 21 Feb 2007, 10:31:38 am
Does it matter if they make one mistake with there grammer aslong as the readers get a jist of what people are trying to say then they can carry the banter on.

It's "their grammar" not "there grammer".

No it's not--it's MY Grandma so leave her out of this

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #32 on: 22 Feb 2007, 07:51:43 pm
I agree the literacy level of people who post on this board is abysmal. The odd spelling mistake is fair enough but some of the posts on this board make the people of Whitehaven sound like swamp people.

Anyway back to the matter at hand.

Its been blatantly obvious for three seasons now that the team would benefit from the introduction of a decent Stand Off however wether the board/coach cant afford, see or attract the type of player the squad is crying out for. Joe hasn't got the pace or experience to contend with players of the caliber that we now see performing week in week out at this level. We are in dire need of a strike/flair half back to push the team on, am i the only one who can see this?

For those that don't believe me wait and see Brough/ Lupton at Cas and Moran/ Kain at Widnes put every other team (including us to the sword this season). We only just beat Blackpool for Christs sake (who for those old enough to know are on a par with the Highfield of old in my opinion).

Everythings ok now though isn't it because we've signed an forward of (supposed) SL class now who nobody else wanted.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #33 on: 22 Feb 2007, 11:15:54 pm
Just  for  the  record  Leroy  wasn't  in  the  team  that  struggled  at  Blackpool.  I  agree  to  a  certain  extent  what  you  say  though.  Rudd  can  play  at  6  and  maybe  Aaron  Smith  might  get  a  chance  there. 

One  player  who  did  impress  was  there  n.7  Martin  Gamble.  What  about  swapping  baynes  for  this  lad.  He  looked  very  quick  and  was  involved  in  everything  they  did.  Maybe  he  can  play  at  6.

havenchamps2005

Reply #34 on: 22 Feb 2007, 11:44:11 pm
tommy lee is a stand off at hull yes he is getting a game now but when cooke returns he wont get a game they wil have
horne
cooke
tony
swain
godwin
washbrook
whiting
all before tommy lee how about a loan move for the kid?

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #35 on: 23 Feb 2007, 06:45:59 am
I agree the literacy level of people who post on this board is abysmal. The odd spelling mistake is fair enough but some of the posts on this board make the people of Whitehaven sound like swamp people.

Its been blatantly obvious for three seasons now that the team would benefit from the introduction of a decent Stand Off however wether the board/coach cant afford, see or attract the type of player the squad is crying out for. Joe hasn't got the pace or experience to contend with players of the caliber that we now see performing week in week out at this level. We are in dire need of a strike/flair half back to push the team on, am i the only one who can see this?

For those that don't believe me wait and see Brough/ Lupton at Cas and Moran/ Kain at Widnes put every other team (including us to the sword this season). We only just beat Blackpool for Christs sake (who for those old enough to know are on a par with the Highfield of old in my opinion).

Everythings ok now though isn't it because we've signed an forward of (supposed) SL class now who nobody else wanted.

nice to see your back and positive as ever reg...just for the record 2 other clubs tried to sign fletch one of them being widnes,so get your facts rights
THE MULLET IS BACK

havenchamps2005

Reply #36 on: 23 Feb 2007, 01:19:01 pm
hull kr also wanted fletch but the move fell through

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #37 on: 23 Feb 2007, 10:41:41 pm

nice to see your back and positive as ever reg...just for the record 2 other clubs tried to sign fletch one of them being widnes,so get your facts rights

Dont for one minute think that Fletcher is here because he'd rather play for Whitehaven than Widnes or Castleford. Castleford got rid of him to allow space under there salary cap to sign a player who should have been on our books. Yes you guessed it Mr Mark Leafa. The package Widnes offered him will have been a fulltime contract and most probably quite a bit more than the wages Haven are paying him. However this would have meant that 'Fletch' would have been unable to hold a regular job during the week and would have potentially lost money by signing for them as we are a part time club.

Hes a good player but we still need a  stand off.

havenchamps2005

Reply #38 on: 23 Feb 2007, 11:51:15 pm
reg how do you no fletch wont be full time at haven ie doing the development officiers job that baynes did?
fletch had a release clause from his cas contract like most did that when cas came down they could negotiate other deals fletch did that with wakefield hull kr widnes and cas themselves he almost became a hull kr player but the move fell through when michael smith became a good boy again
fletch is sl quality im grateful we have got him

reg how many super league games have you played? how many national league games have you played? you hide behind your comp screen mouthing off come on reg be a big man and face the bod fletch and dave r

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #39 on: 24 Feb 2007, 11:40:10 pm
reg how do you no fletch wont be full time at haven ie doing the development officiers job that baynes did?
fletch had a release clause from his cas contract like most did that when cas came down they could negotiate other deals fletch did that with wakefield hull kr widnes and cas themselves he almost became a hull kr player but the move fell through when michael smith became a good boy again
fletch is sl quality im grateful we have got him

reg how many super league games have you played? how many national league games have you played? you hide behind your comp screen mouthing off come on reg be a big man and face the bod fletch and dave r

i wouldnt even bother wid him he just likes to hear himself i dont even think hes a haven fan this hes from the scum up the road

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #40 on: 25 Feb 2007, 11:13:10 am
heard that fletch is moving up here so he will be full time

Offline kellshaven1

• Academy Star
Reply #41 on: 25 Feb 2007, 01:54:38 pm
yeah i think it said in news and star he is moving his family up.

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #42 on: 25 Feb 2007, 07:46:04 pm
defo need a number 6

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #43 on: 26 Feb 2007, 11:07:50 am
yep we need somebody creative with a bit of speed
haven till i die