HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Congratulations and Good Luck!

Offline Haven Bright Spark

• Academy Star
on: 04 Sep 2010, 06:29:05 pm
Just Wanted to say a big congratulations to all of the reserve grade lads!  In a time when the club as a whole is at its lowest point its good to see, that if we can come through the other other side of this tunnel we are in, the future of WRLFC looks very bright   :nod:
The only stupid question is the one never asked!

Offline Red Devil

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 04 Sep 2010, 07:41:36 pm
Well done to Chris Wright and the A-TEAM brilliant entertainment for the money to day . Good luck for the final, and good crowd to day well done to you all sea you in a fortnight. 

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 04 Sep 2010, 08:29:09 pm
Team was

Benson
Ackerley
Cook
Fox
Rossi
Dalton
Skee
Jackson
Smith
Lithgow
Shackley
Crellin
Wilton

Watson
Hamzat
Stephenson
Ford

Tries
Ackerley 2, Fox , Skee ,Smith , Lithgow ,Shackley ,Watson and Hamzat

Goals
Skee and Jacko 3

Lads played well but when Fev were down to 10 men, we failed miserably to punish them. We lacked another prop off the bench.

Benson was outstanding at full back, with Smith and Watson playing both playing well at 9.

Game was delayed by what looked a bad injury to one of their players, who was stretchered off then transferred to WCH. ( Update, the lad was well enough to travel home with team. )

Cant wait for the final, which i hope is on Sun 19th, as away on the 18th.

HW
« Last Edit: 04 Sep 2010, 08:43:57 pm by HavenWarrior »

Offline haven warrior

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 05 Sep 2010, 08:58:22 am
Yes, a massive well done to the lad's, Chris Wright and associate staff for reaching the final. Great game, and a great crowd. Well done to those who came down to the recre to watch.
Winners MAKE it happen, losers LET it happen!

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 05 Sep 2010, 10:35:01 am
Good game yesterday. At least after one of the worst seasons in the clubs history we have something to smile about. Should have scored a couple more when they were down to 10. Once they got back to 12 it seemed to give them a lift and they got back to within a score but a great finish by our lads. I'm sure quite a few will be knocking on the 1st team door next season.

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #5 on: 05 Sep 2010, 11:07:05 am
well done boys - deserved to get to the GF with the peformances over the season
lets hope we will be celebrating on the 18/19th

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline haven massive

• Academy Signing
Reply #6 on: 05 Sep 2010, 11:23:11 am
Well done to all involved, only been to a few games this season due to work commitments wish I'd been to more as the lads have put the effort in and hopefully the 1st team will reap the rewards of all this effort. Where and when is the final so I can take holidays and give the lads the support they need hopefully there will be a lot there to show their support for the reserves and for the club.

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #7 on: 05 Sep 2010, 12:17:09 pm
Well done to all involved, only been to a few games this season due to work commitments wish I'd been to more as the lads have put the effort in and hopefully the 1st team will reap the rewards of all this effort. Where and when is the final so I can take holidays and give the lads the support they need hopefully there will be a lot there to show their support for the reserves and for the club.

18/19th september at the rec

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline Enoch

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 05 Sep 2010, 01:38:12 pm
Well Done to the reserves!!!!

Lets hope for one last win in the Final!!!!!

Offline haven warrior

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 05 Sep 2010, 03:53:17 pm

18/19th september at the rec

Let's get the Recre rocking.  It's a date for every supporter to put in their diaries and make sure they turn up for what's going to be a great final. The last 1st team home game v Batley had a fantastic atmosphere and them young reserves that played were on an absolute high for days. That's what makes them thrive and hungry for more, so come on all you supporters, get your diaries out now.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #10 on: 05 Sep 2010, 09:29:24 pm
Was impressed with the style of rugby played at times (though quite bemusing how the only time they were not passing it out was when Fev were down to 10  ??? ). Also good to see that the team was full of the same lads that have played for the reserves during the season.

The Ref was diabolical, but a good sat afternoon out
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline haven warrior

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 05 Sep 2010, 10:40:47 pm
Was impressed with the style of rugby played at times (though quite bemusing how the only time they were not passing it out was when Fev were down to 10  ??? ). Also good to see that the team was full of the same lads that have played for the reserves during the season.

The Ref was diabolical, but a good sat afternoon out

That's because some tried too hard by going on their own. But no doubt that will be something that will be discussed by Chris at training on Tuesday.

Offline Enoch

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 06 Sep 2010, 02:44:48 pm
Does anyone know what the crowd was?

Offline egremont

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 06 Sep 2010, 02:54:48 pm
does anyone know what date the final is to be played on
I hope the final is on the 19th as the 18th is the egremont crab fair.

Offline Enoch

• First Team Backup
Reply #14 on: 06 Sep 2010, 08:53:40 pm
"Enoch" Don't think there was an official gate attendance figure, I would guess about 250 difficult to say when there are wide open spaces, disappointing considering it was semi final and a sunny day.

One or two said it was a good crowd!

250 is about the normal crowd size isn't it? I don't get to any games living in London.