HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Whitehaven v Blackpool your views on the game

Maca · 23 · 2282

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #15 on: 04 Mar 2007, 07:21:31 pm
He's played there once for us and for me he was quiet today yeh he was great in defence but so was the rest of the team, but for me he attacks better at No9 and we have more playing options with him at 9 cause his and duffys passing skills are class.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 04 Mar 2007, 07:23:00 pm
Im sorry but smith is a hooker and he is our best hooker he isn't a loose forward because he can control a game from playing hooker.

Smith has never played any better than he did today at 13, he is a differnet type of 9 to Sice and Matty. Thought we were more organised today with Smith at 13 and Sice/Matty at 9. Could this be the way of the future, with Lester coming off the bench to influence games. Maybe wont please some, but he is nearing the end of his career, and hasnt got the pace he did have. Similar to Seedsy, another Haven Legend, but will a fit Seedsy oust the younger paring of McAvoy and Jackson if all 3 are fully fit? Plenty for DR to think about, and use to talk about on here.

TW

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #17 on: 04 Mar 2007, 07:26:30 pm
I have to agree the 17 we had playin today were outstanding but for me matty isn't as good a hooker as sice. Smith and sice are different types of players but couldn't that help us. we start with smith at 9 he's passing is class and will take the ball and when the other team are tired get sice on and he can make the breaks that he is best at i think that could be a winning way.

havenchamps2005

Reply #18 on: 04 Mar 2007, 07:27:30 pm
for me mcavoy needs to be kept in the centres along with jackson

smith should be kept at 13
with sice at 9 and matty off the bench

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 04 Mar 2007, 07:58:24 pm
Ive got to agree with haven champs on that one !

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #20 on: 04 Mar 2007, 08:32:44 pm
Much betta performance from the lads 2day we did great in terrible weather

RuDd aNd DuFfy's BaRmY aRmY  :D :D
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 06 Mar 2007, 02:06:08 pm
I think mattys all round game is better than siceys smith is a 13 always said he was and thats where dr shud play him. matty should start at hooker bring sicey on when defenses are tireing. lester doesnt deserve to be in the team he was awful against barrow and cant play him just because hes the captain should prove he can still handle the pace in the under 21s. probly people will think im taking a dig at lester but im not just think hes not upto scratch  , think the team was the best possible team against blackpool and like ive said if its not broke don't fix it

havenchamps2005

Reply #22 on: 06 Mar 2007, 02:29:37 pm
the only change id make to the team from blackpool would be fats back in at 10 when he is fit

broadbent should be the captain now

lester excellent servent but im sorry aaron smith should be are number 13 with sicey and matty left as are 2 hookers
lester isnt bad cover to have if one of them gets an injury