HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Bamber signs for Town

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
on: 06 Sep 2010, 05:57:24 pm
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 06 Sep 2010, 06:22:52 pm
Yeah i think so a bit lightweight but didnt really get much of a chance down at the rec IMO

Offline GETEMONSIDE

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 06 Sep 2010, 08:28:53 pm
Gone to Town, First of many if the rumours are right!

Offline Enoch

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 06 Sep 2010, 08:37:01 pm
I think he was given opportunities now and then but he never grasped them. No great loss I think, never really set the world on fire.

Offline Enoch

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 06 Sep 2010, 08:41:19 pm
If they want to go, then let them go!!!!

We only want players who want to play for the club. All the rest that are just here for the money, or the beer, or the street cred can all bugger off to Town. It will cut down on our wage bill!

Good riddance!!!!!!

:nod:

Offline Future

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 06 Sep 2010, 08:43:33 pm
BAD LOSS TO HAVEN  GOOD GAIN FOR TOWN HE WILL COME BACK TO HAUNT US

Offline Enoch

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 06 Sep 2010, 08:48:39 pm

I don't think so. We will be fine without him.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #8 on: 06 Sep 2010, 10:16:56 pm

Showed early promise but didnt repeat that in the chances he got. Has played under a few coaches, none of whom have gave him a long run in the first team. Cant see him being a miss in the slightest.

I will be more worried about Kaighan than Bamber
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 06 Sep 2010, 10:51:23 pm
heard town want eilbeck, ford and dalton aswell, but cant see dalton going back after the way town treated him last time. ford deffo not going, eilbeck not sure about and to put the rumours to bed carl sice is staying at whitehaven

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #10 on: 07 Sep 2010, 08:15:45 am
theyve no more money than us to go throwing at our players bamber couldnt get in our first team,hardly a hugec signing for town
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #11 on: 07 Sep 2010, 11:09:55 am
your right he did try his best which unfortunately for him it was never good enough wether that be because of the coaches he played under or the better players keeping him out who knows.good luck to the lad hes a great lad.
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline Enoch

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 07 Sep 2010, 12:35:48 pm
"Enoch" Bamber did not walk away from Haven he was not required, in all the games I saw him play in the first team he never did anything wrong and never once let us down, if he chooses to sign for Town its not because he does not want to play for Haven, its because he was not getting into the squad.

Bamber tried his best and deserves thanks and recognition for this, rather than mean mouthed comments

Could you please point out where I wrote that he had walked away from Haven as I can't seem to find it. Maybe you were incorrectly reading my response to the post about rumours being that more of our players were going to Town.

So therefore you shouldn't put words into other peoples mouths!

Offline wonky

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 07 Sep 2010, 01:50:53 pm
i think hes a good squad player,but cant see him getting in front of kaighan,finch and hopefuly the returning holty.think he might prosper if holt takes him under his wing.on the other rumoured players,i think eilbeck would be a good signing for us,but other than maybe farrer,i wouldnt want anymore of the haven players.our backs are looking strong but desperate for more beef in the pack

Offline abu

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 07 Sep 2010, 03:44:30 pm
C B G how do you workout that town have got no more money than haven. Please tell us were you got your information from.