HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Bamber signs for Town

Offline Enoch

• First Team Backup
Reply #15 on: 07 Sep 2010, 03:44:54 pm
"Enoch" Your post infers that Bamber did not want to play for the Club, "quote" If they want to go, let them go.
This was never Bambers intention to go he just was not selected, and you just can't fault the lad as he gave his best when selected, to tie him in with your comments there only here for beer money, or street cred they can all bugger of to Town, is totally wrong against a youngster who tried his best.

My post was in response to this post:
Gone to Town, First of many if the rumours are right!
And my post refers to the many that the poster refers to. If you look closely and read the whole thread I have made a separate post in relation to Bamber!

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #16 on: 07 Sep 2010, 05:20:53 pm
Scott Kaighan is a far better half back than him, he will be out of the team and on the fringes, no better off at town than haven, and haven will not miss him in the slightest.

Agree with Enoch on the potential leavers, simply pleased to see the back of those who don't want to put it in for haven in the future.

From now on we don't want 'no hoper's' and certainly want shot of 'none triers', we had enough of the latter last season.

Offline Future

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 07 Sep 2010, 06:37:16 pm
cbandgold there u go again with your **** u don't know what went on with bamber 3 seasons ago when he replaced duffy he was doing a good job and getting the praise of all the fans .But he did not get on with your hero G S .Bamber was asked to go to cockermouth for a drink by G S. he declined the offer and wastold by G S.he would not play first team for haven as long as he was coach . Bamber approached the so called board with the problem . They where not intrested .  So i say good luck to him it just goes to show how he can wreck a club and almost wreck a players careere      GOOD LUCK BAMBER

Admin Edit:  Derogatory comments removed.

Future:  Keep it nice please!
« Last Edit: 07 Sep 2010, 06:57:17 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #18 on: 07 Sep 2010, 07:30:09 pm
Get a grip man, all I said was Kaighan is a better player, and that would leave Bamber on the sidelines, no better off than at haven.

What's up with you ?

I have an opinion and so do you, get used to it, as it's a part of social life for normal people.

Offline Future

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 07 Sep 2010, 09:17:53 pm
CBANDG01 You say stupid things u may have a different view to others but look at bambers C.V.  When he signed for us from ST HELLENS at 16 years old . He was top player at 14 voted by John Keir . at 15 the same accolade from David Wait G B. coach . The same came from Dean Bell then of wigan . The same came from Ian Millward the then St Hellens coach . So a player  with this much respect from top coaches need not bother what u say .

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #20 on: 07 Sep 2010, 09:19:33 pm
CBANDG01 You say stupid things u may have a different view to others but look at bambers C.V.  When he signed for us from ST HELLENS at 16 years old . He was top player at 14 voted by John Keir . at 15 the same accolade from David Wait G B. coach . The same came from Dean Bell then of wigan . The same came from Ian Millward the then St Hellens coach . So a player  with this much respect from top coaches need not bother what u say .

Ask yourself one question, if he WAS so good, why the hell didnt he stay at a SL club???
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline Future

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 07 Sep 2010, 09:29:30 pm
All i am saying his leave the kid alone and let him prove himself he done nothing wrong for us

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #22 on: 07 Sep 2010, 09:33:01 pm
All i am saying his leave the kid alone and let him prove himself he done nothing wrong for us

Nobody is saying anything more derogatory than he will not be a miss for Haven and you have gone off on one.

Can only assume from this that you are either related to him or are a personal friend.

Also if you believed him to be such a great player, where are your posts querying why coaches (yes all 4 coaches he has played for at haven that have not seen anything in him to warrant him "owning" the no7 shirt) havent picked him??
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline wonky

• First Team Backup
Reply #23 on: 08 Sep 2010, 10:01:49 am
to be fair the lad done a good enough job at town when he was on loan and then he was surrounded by a pretty awful team.he probably wont be a regular at first but competition for places is always a good thing.even charlo has said that no one has seen his true potential yet,and there isnt a better man for getting it out of him.

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #24 on: 08 Sep 2010, 10:39:22 am
to be fair the lad done a good enough job at town when he was on loan and then he was surrounded by a pretty awful team.he probably wont be a regular at first but competition for places is always a good thing.even charlo has said that no one has seen his true potential yet,and there isnt a better man for getting it out of him.
good replacement for holt
born and bred haven.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #25 on: 08 Sep 2010, 11:43:50 am
than who???
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #26 on: 08 Sep 2010, 12:32:38 pm
I think the move to Town will be the making of young Bamber.   In my opinion he has been stifled under two of the worst coaches both our clubs have known and I'm sure that under Charlo he will get more than a fair chance to show what he is capable of.   Cbandg01, you say that Kaighan is a better play than Bainbridge and I would possible agree, as an attacking force, but Kaighan's defence at times is woeful and from what I saw of Bainbridge he is better in that department, so swings and roundabouts.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline wonky

• First Team Backup
Reply #27 on: 08 Sep 2010, 01:14:38 pm
good replacement for holt
holt will still be a town player next year

Online Richard Bills

• Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 08 Sep 2010, 06:25:40 pm
Assuming that Darren Holt's rugby union commitments permit him to play a full season for Town and whether he fancies carrying on for another season.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #29 on: 08 Sep 2010, 06:55:12 pm
Assuming that Darren Holt's rugby union commitments permit him to play a full season for Town and whether he fancies carrying on for another season.

Didnt stop him at weekend, played 80 mins for Furness v Whitehaven on Sat, then played for Town on Sunday.

HW