HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Bamber signs for Town

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #30 on: 08 Sep 2010, 08:02:21 pm
So much for towns play off commitment then. I'd have wanted Holt fresh for the game, not potentially burned out.  Suspect the Town supporters would too ?

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #31 on: 08 Sep 2010, 10:46:50 pm
So much for towns play off commitment then. I'd have wanted Holt fresh for the game, not potentially burned out.  Suspect the Town supporters would too ?

cbandg01, I think the clue was in Charlo's press statement a week earlier when he talked about putting the squad together for next season "in Championship 1".    Holty will have contractual obligations with Furness though just the same as Tane Manehera had with Wigton RU and that didn't seem to hinder his play at Haven any!!!
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #32 on: 09 Sep 2010, 06:25:57 am
I think the move to Town will be the making of young Bamber.   In my opinion he has been stifled under two of the worst coaches both our clubs have known and I'm sure that under Charlo he will get more than a fair chance to show what he is capable of.   Cbandg01, you say that Kaighan is a better play than Bainbridge and I would possible agree, as an attacking force, but Kaighan's defence at times is woeful and from what I saw of Bainbridge he is better in that department, so swings and roundabouts.
no doubt keith due to his time with town he,ll soon be a sl player  ::)
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #33 on: 09 Sep 2010, 11:43:52 am
no doubt keith due to his time with town he,ll soon be a sl player  ::)

You mean like Shaun Lunt, choccy?     He's certainly young enough.   ;) ;)
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline The voice

• Academy Star
Reply #34 on: 09 Sep 2010, 01:59:20 pm
Has anyone noticed that we're in administration?
Instead of debating the future we appear to be more concerned with one player going to Workington. mmmmmm

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #35 on: 09 Sep 2010, 02:38:40 pm
garty this thread is about bamber  joining town not havens massive financial woes.

good signing for town. i think he will mature into a very good player. one or two on here being a bit negative about the move, i think thats just because he is joining the old enemy.

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #36 on: 09 Sep 2010, 04:02:07 pm
Bamber signs for Town - SO WHAT!

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #37 on: 09 Sep 2010, 04:25:41 pm
 parton marra, SO Town have accuired a good local player who will only get better and at a time when haven are going to be relying on young local players to turn them around.

ca28

Reply #38 on: 09 Sep 2010, 04:40:33 pm
Good luck Bamber at Workington. I'm sure that you'll be a superstar there

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #39 on: 09 Sep 2010, 04:58:09 pm
he'll have to work hard to get in the first team ca28 but i see the point you are making reading between the lines. not getting a shirt at haven but a superstar at town, we'll see. 

Online African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #40 on: 09 Sep 2010, 07:03:30 pm
I really hope the boy shines at Town and makes all the negative posters on here eat their words.
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline the spy

• Academy Star
Reply #41 on: 09 Sep 2010, 07:25:51 pm
Hope he makes it, but he has had 5 years at whitehaven and not broke in and kept his place.If he does make it well done town .

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #42 on: 10 Sep 2010, 05:50:33 am
lets face it he wouldnt have to be that good to get into town team would he look at some they have now whoever told some of them they could play rugby is beyond me.
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline ETF

• Academy Signing
Reply #43 on: 10 Sep 2010, 11:14:17 am
lets face it he wouldnt have to be that good to get into town team would he look at some they have now whoever told some of them they could play rugby is beyond me.
hahaha
I Hate Haven

Offline abu

• Academy Star
Reply #44 on: 10 Sep 2010, 12:44:44 pm
By the look at the time of your posting choccy you must be having an awfull job to sleep at night worrieing about town.