HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Congratulations

Offline haven warrior

• First Team Regular
Reply #15 on: 19 Sep 2010, 08:44:25 pm
Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic!!!  That was a great final. A massive well done to players and coaching/support  staff for their efforts this year. Some class rugby was played and defence was outstanding. If this is what we are anticipating watching next season than I can't wait.  Can't give the lad's enough praise so here goes again, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.  :bow: :bow: :bow:
Winners MAKE it happen, losers LET it happen!

Offline haven warrior

• First Team Regular
Reply #16 on: 19 Sep 2010, 08:58:29 pm
Congratulations to the reserves on a great result. Its just a shame some of our so called supporters couldnt get off their arses and get behind the team which will be the nucleus of our next squad.

I agree with you there. The lad's deserved far more support than what was there, but for those who did go then what a way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Each and everyone of us came away knowing it was worth every penny of the fiver entry fee. Their loss for those who couldn't be arsed.
Winners MAKE it happen, losers LET it happen!

Xo-Lindsay-oX

Reply #17 on: 19 Sep 2010, 09:28:16 pm
None of the lads are really hurt, just seen pretty much all of them in spoons

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 19 Sep 2010, 09:43:57 pm
Shame Dylan Skee is leaving, I thought he kicked them out of the game in the first half.
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #19 on: 19 Sep 2010, 09:49:18 pm
1-17 all played well today
cant disagree with MOM
shame we cant defend the trophy next year

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #20 on: 19 Sep 2010, 10:48:40 pm
certainly think at least 6 of this team could comfortably move up to first team next season...well done
shacks, ackerly, fox, ford, farrer, (jacko) benson, hamzet
and for what its worth get shot of rudd, calvert. eilbeck to name 3. :tip:

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #21 on: 20 Sep 2010, 05:37:30 am
great result lads well done you deserved it jacko said about his try "im getting too old for this" class :D 
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #22 on: 20 Sep 2010, 05:52:32 am
what a whippet young hamzet is calvert and mr superman nixon would be left behind boy can he shift ;D
« Last Edit: 20 Sep 2010, 08:40:59 am by chocbluegold »
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #23 on: 20 Sep 2010, 08:15:52 am
A fantastic victory today in the Reserve Grade Grand Final

Whitehaven 46  -  Featherstone 12

They even lost the fight!

Your messages of support and congratulations are VERY welcome here.....

Over to you!

a great effort from 1 to 17 everyone worked hard and played with pride for the shirt :bow: :bow: :bow:a big wrap to chris wright well done marra job done congratulations lads :tip: :tip: :tip: :bow: :bow: :bow:
born and bred haven.

Offline arfwayliner

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 20 Sep 2010, 08:19:56 am
There was some great flowing rugby played by a confident team behind a dominant pack. The happiest I've left the  Recre all season.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #25 on: 20 Sep 2010, 09:17:23 am
from  town faithful on another website "Haven won......Featherstone made them look good in patchs but what a scrappy match in all ways must have been 3 handbag fights........2 yellow and 2 red cards!!!!!!!!" wot a beaut :shake:

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #26 on: 20 Sep 2010, 12:32:30 pm
congrats lads. missed the game and gutted about it sounds like a cracker

Offline phil stone

• Academy Signing
Reply #27 on: 20 Sep 2010, 03:01:47 pm
First of all congratulations on the win, the best team won on the day.
As for some of the comments on here I would have thought given the position your club is in and the best wishes you have received from supporters of other clubs a little humility wouldn't go amiss, especially the one from mrshavenwarrier.
It will never happen but i'd like to see the RFL check the team you fielded against the rules just to confirm that the regulations were met, there are genuine doubts.
Crowd higher than stated?Given it's a shared gate you might want to keep those comments to yourselves.
Gloat if it makes you happy,i'm sure Mr Ford getting flattened by a young lad wasn't too pleased.
As for the abusive supporter in the stand who had a few select words to say to me when the fight started on the pitch and I went across to ask the group he was with a simple question, you showed yourself up big time pal.
In case you have sobered up and are reading this all I was going to ask was if it was the same two players who were having a go at each other in the semi, nothing more nothing less and to say you overreacted is an understatement
I still wish your club luck for the future and hope that you give your young players a chance to step up properly next season. Ypu might take some beatings but they will soon learn and turn things around given the right support. 

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #28 on: 20 Sep 2010, 03:59:42 pm
First of all congratulations on the win, the best team won on the day.
As for some of the comments on here I would have thought given the position your club is in and the best wishes you have received from supporters of other clubs a little humility wouldn't go amiss, especially the one from mrshavenwarrier.
It will never happen but i'd like to see the RFL check the team you fielded against the rules just to confirm that the regulations were met, there are genuine doubts.
Crowd higher than stated?Given it's a shared gate you might want to keep those comments to yourselves.
Gloat if it makes you happy,i'm sure Mr Ford getting flattened by a young lad wasn't too pleased.
As for the abusive supporter in the stand who had a few select words to say to me when the fight started on the pitch and I went across to ask the group he was with a simple question, you showed yourself up big time pal.
In case you have sobered up and are reading this all I was going to ask was if it was the same two players who were having a go at each other in the semi, nothing more nothing less and to say you overreacted is an understatement
I still wish your club luck for the future and hope that you give your young players a chance to step up properly next season. Ypu might take some beatings but they will soon learn and turn things around given the right support.

the thing is though, mr ford didnt get put on his backside by a 17 year old like your lad did he than refused to shake hands with the haven lads and even clap when they got the trophy the rest of your lads did this, bad loser? i think so.

why are there genuine doubts about our team that played?

Offline phil stone

• Academy Signing
Reply #29 on: 20 Sep 2010, 04:13:52 pm
We had a very young team out yesterday and on the day weren't good enough but when the fighting started they stood their ground against older more experienced players, but neither sets of fans should be happy with the mass brawl really and nor should we be scoring the fight.
There are rules on the permitted age of the players in the team and number of 1st team games played.I am not saying that you broke the rules but would like BOTH lineups to be checked by the RFL to ensure that no rules were broken given the importance of the tie and the fact that comments were made about them coming from your own supporters.
I had a good day out despite the result and no doubt the battle (rugby) will continue next time we meet.
Why can't you defend the trophy by the way?