HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Congratulations

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #30 on: 20 Sep 2010, 05:52:52 pm
First of all congratulations on the win, the best team won on the day.
As for some of the comments on here I would have thought given the position your club is in and the best wishes you have received from supporters of other clubs a little humility wouldn't go amiss, especially the one from mrshavenwarrier.
It will never happen but i'd like to see the RFL check the team you fielded against the rules just to confirm that the regulations were met, there are genuine doubts.
Crowd higher than stated?Given it's a shared gate you might want to keep those comments to yourselves.
Gloat if it makes you happy,i'm sure Mr Ford getting flattened by a young lad wasn't too pleased.
As for the abusive supporter in the stand who had a few select words to say to me when the fight started on the pitch and I went across to ask the group he was with a simple question, you showed yourself up big time pal.
In case you have sobered up and are reading this all I was going to ask was if it was the same two players who were having a go at each other in the semi, nothing more nothing less and to say you overreacted is an understatement
I still wish your club luck for the future and hope that you give your young players a chance to step up properly next season. Ypu might take some beatings but they will soon learn and turn things around given the right support.

doubts about what ????????
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #31 on: 20 Sep 2010, 05:54:22 pm
this was team
Benson
Ackerley
S Fox
n Cook
l Hamzat
Dalton
Skee
M Jackson
C Smith
Shackley
Crellin
Stevenson
Wilton

Subs:

Watson
Ford
Lithgow
Farrer

and this was the team that played widnes in july
1 nick cook
2 shane ackerley
3 blake mahovic
4 stephan dawes
5 jay rossi
6 tyrone dalton
7 dylan skee
8 marc jackson
9 chris smith
10 david ford
11 marc shackley
12 brad crellin
13 mark watson

14 alister leek
15 carl stephenson
16 richard farrer
17 mike lithgow

only 4 changes and none are what you would call first teamers
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #32 on: 20 Sep 2010, 06:34:27 pm
A fantastic victory today in the Reserve Grade Grand Final

Whitehaven 46  -  Featherstone 12

They even lost the fight!

Your messages of support and congratulations are VERY welcome here.....

Over to you!

a very measured performance despite some intimidating tactics by Fev ( who performed well at times). Our guys stuck to the game plan with some stand out performances. A great afternoon..well done to all.
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #33 on: 20 Sep 2010, 06:35:49 pm
Congratulations to the reserves on a great result. Its just a shame some of our so called supporters couldnt get off their arses and get behind the team which will be the nucleus of our next squad.

Which is very worrying for next year.
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #34 on: 20 Sep 2010, 11:15:30 pm
As far as the attendance was concerned I don't think it was too bad. Maybe 6/700. Don't forget Man U Liverpool game was on and that was bound to have an effect on the gate.

As for the game great performance. I think Chris Wright should be given the coaches job. Match was over by halftime. Quite a few I'm sure will feature next season in our 1st team

Offline stevo75

• Academy Signing
Reply #35 on: 21 Sep 2010, 08:29:17 am
congratulations boys welldone ;D ;D ;D

Offline haven warrior

• First Team Regular
Reply #36 on: 21 Sep 2010, 05:07:28 pm
As far as the attendance was concerned I don't think it was too bad. Maybe 6/700. Don't forget Man U Liverpool game was on and that was bound to have an effect on the gate.

As for the game great performance. I think Chris Wright should be given the coaches job. Match was over by halftime. Quite a few I'm sure will feature next season in our 1st team
Rugby leaguer quoted 501???
Winners MAKE it happen, losers LET it happen!