HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Winding up order

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
on: 28 Sep 2010, 02:24:47 pm
If what I'm hearing is true, we aren't in administration. Rumour has it we were served with a winding up order yesterday afternoon just a couple of hours before we were due to officially enter administration.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2010, 02:30:04 pm
If what I'm hearing is true, we aren't in administration. Rumour has it we were served with a winding up order yesterday afternoon just a couple of hours before we were due to officially enter administration.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

No surprise, its like letting the LUNATICS run the Asylum!!

Only at Haven.

HW

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2010, 02:49:08 pm
Radio Cumbria reported on one o'clock news today that HMRC had served winding up order on the club, appears we were not yet in administration.

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2010, 02:56:58 pm
This doesnt sound good at all.....anyone  explain situation in laymans terms? have they cocked it up and are we gonna fold  :grrr:   :witch:

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 28 Sep 2010, 02:58:38 pm
This doesnt sound good at all.....anyone  explain situation in laymans terms? have they cocked it up and are we gonna fold  :grrr:   :witch:

Unless some agreement can be reached with HMRC then I believe this could well be the case.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #5 on: 28 Sep 2010, 03:07:09 pm
Cant they just wind us up and start again as planned.  I though that was the idea.  an accomodation with the HRMC would mean paying them x in the pound for the next seven years and would be a huge drain on income.

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 28 Sep 2010, 03:58:14 pm
Cant they just wind us up and start again as planned.  I though that was the idea.  an accomodation with the HRMC would mean paying them x in the pound for the next seven years and would be a huge drain on income.

Not as easy as that Boxer. If the club is wound up then, if HMRC believe that payments have been deliberately withheld or avoided, the directors could be banned from being involved with any company which has a similar name or any suggestion of an association with the liquidated company.

Liquidation is not like administration - the Official Receiver will take control and will sell every item that the club owns right down to the team strips and office furniture.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #7 on: 28 Sep 2010, 04:00:35 pm
Sounds a bit serious then.  Suspect its part of a bargaining pos for HRMC

Offline skidaw

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 28 Sep 2010, 04:05:04 pm
This board are so incompetent it's unbelievable.
They lied to players for months saying Haven are not going into administration and players would be paid. The fans have been kept in the dark while the board formed a new company Whitehaven 2010 before the season finished and transferred assets into it. Everybody knew HRMC were after Haven for unpaid tax bills and time was running out.
I hope something can be worked out with HRMC this is tragic.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #9 on: 28 Sep 2010, 04:09:28 pm
Directors could be banned for between 2 and 15 years if guilty of maladministration

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/factsheets/ef6.pdf
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline homey

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 28 Sep 2010, 04:11:48 pm
So how come they've been deducted 9 points if not in administration?

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #11 on: 28 Sep 2010, 04:14:57 pm

That may be an RFL cock-up for not checking thoroughly what the position was regarding the administration procedure.    It may have been a fault of the administrator appointed by the board not working fast enough to get the administration order in before HMRC struck.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 28 Sep 2010, 04:16:38 pm
the only true thing in the papers is the date ;)

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #13 on: 28 Sep 2010, 04:18:00 pm

As I'm understanding it, the BOD met with the RFL and the RFL must have been working off the premise that we were in administration. For one reason or another we aren't and are now faced with this winding up order. I've no idea what will happen next.

Offline skidaw

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 28 Sep 2010, 04:21:38 pm

As I'm understanding it, the BOD met with the RFL and the RFL must have been working off the premise that we were in administration. For one reason or another we aren't and are now faced with this winding up order. I've no idea what will happen next.
You wont find out from this incompetent board