HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Winding up order

Offline random2

• Academy Star
Reply #30 on: 28 Sep 2010, 06:46:38 pm
If the winding up/merging claims are to be believed then the people in charge have made a right mess of this. The whole 'saving haven' has been about saving the pow beck development and they have blown it all if this is true.

They could have approached Town re a merger with their head held reasonably high a few weeks ago. Now all town have to do is change their name to West Cumbria and all future professional games in this area will take place at Derwent Park.

Offline bustling billy

• Academy Star
Reply #31 on: 28 Sep 2010, 06:53:17 pm
Is this not not all a cunning ploy hatched by the so called new bod some time ago...why is,nt someone coming out and tell us ...what the hell is going on

Offline random2

• Academy Star
Reply #32 on: 28 Sep 2010, 06:59:12 pm
oh its all gone quiet over there! ???

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #33 on: 28 Sep 2010, 07:00:16 pm
We def need some clarification here i for one would be bitterly bittely annoyed if the upshot of this is one team in West Cumbria playing at Derwent park.  It would be the end as for as i was concerned.

If we are wound up and this has not been confirmed by anyone who would know then why cant a new club be formed with the RL 's agreement of course.  I accept we would have to start from absoloute scratch maybe even play at Copeland but at least it would be Prof RL in  Whitehaven 

Offline random2

• Academy Star
Reply #34 on: 28 Sep 2010, 07:02:24 pm
Why would the Rfl want a 2nd team in West Cumbria???? admitting a new team would be a very different decision to 'letting an old team stay in despite dodgy finances'.

Offline gibsonspiesandoxo

• First Team Backup
Reply #35 on: 28 Sep 2010, 07:08:29 pm
in this instance choccy all the way to the try line keith.

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #36 on: 28 Sep 2010, 07:11:01 pm
The meeting tomorrow is getting much more intresting now

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #37 on: 28 Sep 2010, 07:12:32 pm
I don't know how this "merger" talk started in this thread but I can assure you that at 3pm today the chairman of Town didn't know anything about Haven being served a winding up order notice, so take from that what you will.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline The voice

• Academy Star
Reply #38 on: 28 Sep 2010, 07:15:13 pm
how about we wait until there is an announcement - I'm sure if a spanner has been thrown in the works, it is being worked through and thats why there is no information yet. Speculation might not help at this point - we've gone from a winding up order to a merger within 5 comments

Offline random2

• Academy Star
Reply #39 on: 28 Sep 2010, 07:19:44 pm
From a month ago: Whitehaven are looking to go into administration after HM Revenue & Customs revealed their intent to proceed with a winding up order.

Haven chairman Dick Raaz revealed they hope to find a buyer to secure the Co-operative Championship club's future.

"We can file a notice of intent for administration, which would stop that action," Raaz told BBC Radio Cumbria.

Maybe you were over confident dickie boy!

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #40 on: 28 Sep 2010, 07:20:54 pm
I don't know how this "merger" talk started in this thread but I can assure you that at 3pm today the chairman of Town didn't know anything about Haven being served a winding up order notice, so take from that what you will.

Its come from a very reliable source keith

Offline random2

• Academy Star
Reply #41 on: 28 Sep 2010, 07:24:10 pm
I cant see why anyone would 'merge' with a bankrupt company???? Would you? surely you'd just let your rivals fail and re-name yourselves as West Cumbria Towners!

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #42 on: 28 Sep 2010, 07:26:35 pm
Mr Razz would not be allowed to be a director of another company However there aint nothing stopping Mrs Razz is this what she was being cryptic about?
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #43 on: 28 Sep 2010, 07:35:19 pm

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #44 on: 28 Sep 2010, 07:37:35 pm
Mr Razz would not be allowed to be a director of another company However there aint nothing stopping Mrs Razz is this what she was being cryptic about?

If any of this is remotely close to being true do they honestly think that anybody from this town would ever support a team with a Raaz on the board? Cos I don't.

But (deep breath) let's just see what really is the case here, instead of jumping to conclusions. There are two deadlines coming up, tomorrow night's supporters trust meeting and Sunday's game. WE NEED ANSWERS BEFORE EACH OF THESE! :witch:
Freud said that the essence of the comic was the conservation of psychic energy. But then Freud never played Second House, Friday night at the Glasgow Empire - Ken Dodd