HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

matty to town

haven94 · 155 · 5214

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
on: 07 Oct 2010, 08:07:20 am
it is a great shame that we have lost graham mattinson to workington town. i got the call and bad news last night that he had gone but to be honest cant blame the lad for going he was fed to many lies last season from the same bod that has taken over again. a real good player and loss to whitehaven r.l.f.c i wish him good luck at town except against haven all the best marra.

shaun
born and bred haven.

Offline Davey

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 07 Oct 2010, 08:42:55 am
Good Luck, Matty.

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 07 Oct 2010, 09:11:50 am
No doubt some people will have a go at him about it but you can not really blame him for going. As I understand it he was owed a fair bit of money by the club and now, after putting his body on the line and trying his heart out all year, he becomes just another creditor of the old club and will be lucky to get a tenth of what he was owed. Good luck Matty and you'll always be welcome back at the Rec as far as I am concerned.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #3 on: 07 Oct 2010, 01:55:16 pm
No doubt some people will have a go at him about it but you can not really blame him for going. As I understand it he was owed a fair bit of money by the club and now, after putting his body on the line and trying his heart out all year, he becomes just another creditor of the old club and will be lucky to get a tenth of what he was owed. Good luck Matty and you'll always be welcome back at the Rec as far as I am concerned.
here here tommy :nod: :nod: :nod:
born and bred haven.

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 07 Oct 2010, 03:09:42 pm
add jacko to the list

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 07 Oct 2010, 03:47:02 pm
« Last Edit: 07 Oct 2010, 03:50:11 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #6 on: 07 Oct 2010, 03:53:31 pm
its a fantastuc signing for us and its going to be great to see him in a town shirt. i not suprised your all very disappointed as he's a quality player.  welcome to derwent park graeme. :bow: :bow:

Offline red white and blue

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 07 Oct 2010, 04:55:32 pm
donkey parkers will be bankrupt nest season,,,,,thats one thing the haven lads cant be going for the money,cos they have nowt

ca28

Reply #8 on: 07 Oct 2010, 05:15:11 pm
He was great in a Haven top. Now he is just another jam eater

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #9 on: 07 Oct 2010, 05:28:48 pm
Tend to agree  looks rather like once the good times are over they bail out.  I dont buy this owed money lark they received a very good second income while the good times rolled and they must collectively take some responsibility for us being relegated - you would have thought they would have wanted to help get the club going agian given how they have benefited financially over the years -  guess as i said ealier different people have different standards.   

Offline skidaw

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 07 Oct 2010, 05:35:17 pm
Tend to agree  looks rather like once the good times are over they bail out.  I dont buy this owed money lark they received a very good second income while the good times rolled and they must collectively take some responsibility for us being relegated - you would have thought they would have wanted to help get the club going agian given how they have benefited financially over the years -  guess as i said ealier different people have different standards.
The board lied week after week month after month. Which player would trust this lot. How could a player negotiate a contract with a pack of liars.
Not one player could trust this board. Call the players all you like but it's the boards fault.

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 07 Oct 2010, 05:44:52 pm
Well said Boxer. Reiterates what I said in an earlier post about  loyalty. Afterall, these superstars were in the worst team in the League last season, and now they are bailing out. Funny old game!

Offline Davey

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 07 Oct 2010, 05:48:48 pm
This thread could go on and on and on..

Yes its an open forum and debate but why doesnt someone just ask the players in question when they see them about.

Its easy to come on here and speak for them and about them.

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 07 Oct 2010, 06:16:03 pm
That is the problem. Most rumours were based on hearsay. Very doubtful we would be able to hear from those players who jumped the sinking ship on the real reasons of their defection? I wonder about the definition 'Loyalty'?  Fans felt let down badly  :shake: :shake:

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #14 on: 07 Oct 2010, 06:30:50 pm
Well said Boxer. Reiterates what I said in an earlier post about  loyalty. Afterall, these superstars were in the worst team in the League last season, and now they are bailing out. Funny old game!

Loyalty works both ways though. Ok I agree some of the players weren't worth paying this season but in the case of Matty do you not think that the club owed him some loyalty in keeping its promises ? He was one of those that definitely stood up to be counted week after week and was easily our player of the season. Its easy to decry the players for lack of loyalty but what about the club also ?