HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

matty to town

haven94 · 155 · 5216

Offline random2

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 07 Oct 2010, 06:35:19 pm
Would you enter into contract with the same people who had just broken their last contract with you and left you owed a lot of money? Of course you wouldn't!

Offline DonkeyParker

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 07 Oct 2010, 07:15:30 pm
To all the fans going on about loyalty..... would you stay with your employer if they owed you money, lied to you and then made your contract null and void by going into admin?

It's understandable why some have chosen to sign for another team...

The BOD showed no loyalty to them.....

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #17 on: 07 Oct 2010, 07:23:09 pm
Why can't we have a statement from the club, (it could be quite general and not specifically mention players names), stating how many players were owed money, what the highest amount was and what the average amount owed was. This, .....again with a more general comment on why they were unable to pay up..... would help supporters come to terms with what is being peddled as the reason for players leaving.

I find this 'leaving because they were lied to and owed loads of money' theme difficult to cope with when the club itself lets such rumors persist without further comment of their own.

After all, most of us supporters are grown up and sensible enough, (most  :nod: :nod: :nod:), to realise that in the most difficult of times, (as experienced by the club last year), businesses have to make difficult decisions and often find themselves in positions where they can only say, (even to players in this case perhaps), what is the most prudent thing to say at the time.

Come on Dick Raaz, say something about the money issue out of respect to the supporters who are now aligning themselves with your new ownership. Of course the usual knockers will jump on whatever you say, (you must expect that by now), but by far the vast majority will appreciate your openness on this matter and continue to support you.

I have more to say but will wait.

Offline gibsonspiesandoxo

• First Team Backup
Reply #18 on: 07 Oct 2010, 07:28:24 pm
would it not best just to be left cbandg1 no matter how much it grates inside it is a done and dusted deal and nothing constructive would or could come out of it, yours in sport, gpao.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 07 Oct 2010, 07:37:04 pm

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #20 on: 07 Oct 2010, 07:43:24 pm
cbandg01, not trying to stir anything up but rather trying to clear something up.   Haven apperently went in to administration and the new company then bought the assets of that club from the administrator and a new club was formed.   The old club then came out of administration and what?   What happens to the old club is it liquidated?

The reason I ask is I can't understand why they didn't just go in to liquidation in the first place and the new club once accepted by the RFL would not have had a 9 point deduction of points, surely?
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #21 on: 07 Oct 2010, 07:47:08 pm
I can't answer that Keith, mainly because I don't understand clearly what your getting at.

Think it may have been related to the tax man issue however.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #22 on: 07 Oct 2010, 08:03:15 pm
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 07 Oct 2010, 08:13:51 pm
Liquidation.......The collection of assets belonging to a debtor to be applied to the discharge of his or her outstanding debts.

A type of proceeding pursuant to Bankruptcy law by which certain property of a debtor is taken into custody by a trustee to be sold, the proceeds to be distributed to the debtor's creditors in satisfaction of their claims.

The settlement of the financial affairs of a business or individual through the sale of all assets and the distribution of the proceeds to creditors, heirs, or other parties with a legal claim.

Above may start to explain it Keith, from reading it it seems all assets would have had to be sold off, at least here some where protected, and the bankruptcy bit perhaps meant that Dick Raaz would have been debarred from owning / being on the BOD of the new club ???

Offline DonkeyParker

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 07 Oct 2010, 08:18:41 pm

Offline vivian grey

• Academy Signing
Reply #25 on: 07 Oct 2010, 08:28:00 pm
No sour grapes from me, good luck to them both.

My satisfaction is taken from the fact that Town are signing all these players from Haven And Barrow. It just proves you can't develop talent and have to rely on other teams to get you out of a hole.
Remind me please of the last success your youth system had ?????

If you have success this year its only because of other clubs good youth systems and non of your own.

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #26 on: 07 Oct 2010, 08:30:05 pm
Surely a player of matty's caliber could if he wanted signed for a top club in the championship,why he has signed for Town i don't know but it certainly isn't to better himself it must only be to take the you know what out of our new B.O.D.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #27 on: 07 Oct 2010, 08:31:40 pm
Ah Ha now we have it Donkey, if you can't make a sensible argument in one direction, try something equally as daft in another direction, ............the general activity of the uninformed trouble maker who isn't worth a twopenny activity.

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #28 on: 07 Oct 2010, 08:35:53 pm
Seems hes upset certain "people" at Barrow...he had apparently put pen to paper with them then renaged for wukintun !!!

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #29 on: 07 Oct 2010, 08:36:34 pm
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details