HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 25 Feb 2007, 10:01:09 pm
We were **** poor today, Barrow deserved the win.

Why the hell he did not play Bainbridge at 7 is beyond me. so much for giving the yound ones a chance

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 25 Feb 2007, 10:26:22 pm
yer sice should have been on i agree he looked ok i think it must have been the rotation but it never worked today lets hope he learns by that mistake today.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 25 Feb 2007, 11:10:55 pm
Was mooted pre season, that because we were working mainly with last seasons squad we would gel together as a team quicker this season, and have an advantage over teams who have delved into the transfer market.

Either im missing something or DR is going to need a bg box of super glue, because today the 17 played like they had never ever seen each other before.

TW

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #18 on: 26 Feb 2007, 04:29:43 am
Its just a plan so that all the teams that play us will be complacenent thinking we will tonk Haven this year they're crap we will gel when the time is right
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 26 Feb 2007, 10:39:51 am
Dreadful performance by Haven, but it once again shows how good a coach Paul Crarey is.

Positives: Fletcher much better at second row rather than at Prop against Blackpool
                  McAvoy his position is Centre not Second Row
                  Mattinson once again excellent

Negatives: Props were useless other than Hill. Not one bust tackle (other than Hill) and not many off-loads.
                    Half-Backs lacked direction.
                    Eilbeck is NOT a winger.
                    Why do we persist with Ricky Wright - average, if that.

We must give some of the academy lads a chance next week if regular starters are unavailable.

My 17 for next week would be:

1:   Broadbent (sonebody remind him he is a fullback)
2:   Calvert
3:   McAvoy
4:   Rob Jackson
5:   Daniel Smith (if Maden not fit)
6:   Rudd
7:   Duffy
8:   Trindall (in last chance saloon - don't forget he is taking up our o/seas spot)
9:   Mattinson
10: Ford
11: Miller
12: Fletcher
13: Aaron Smith

14: Sice
15: Hill
16: Adam Shaw
17: Scott Teare

If the lads can't perform next week, then it really is time for some wholesale changes.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #20 on: 26 Feb 2007, 11:24:39 am
if sice wasnt playing was it the rotation system and yet again sicey gets shafted  ::)
when will dr realise he is are best attacking option
sice should be 9
aaron smith 13
matty off the bench its simple

yeah definatly but at least hes looking at different team options in the NRC and not in the league season at least in these matches he can find out which is the best team and stick with it none of this rotation stuff in the league pick the player who is playing and training the best
haven till i die

havenchamps2005

Reply #21 on: 26 Feb 2007, 01:26:28 pm
but sice has been training the best out of the 3 hookers but he stil gets shafted whats dr problem with sicey  ???

mancunian marra how can trindall be on last chance saloon he makes 40 plus tackles per game  ::) and was are best forward last season and he gains 10 metres every time he gets the ball and at workington he chased david whitworth down the touchline at caught him
what do you expect the guy to be like JAMIE LYON ::) ::)

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #22 on: 26 Feb 2007, 02:23:19 pm
but sice has been training the best out of the 3 hookers but he stil gets shafted whats dr problem with sicey  ???

mancunian marra how can trindall be on last chance saloon he makes 40 plus tackles per game  ::) and was are best forward last season and he gains 10 metres every time he gets the ball and at workington he chased david whitworth down the touchline at caught him
what do you expect the guy to be like JAMIE LYON ::) ::)

i agree sice should be playing he is our best hooker and probably our best attacking player hope DR doenst keep leaving him out
haven till i die

havenchamps2005

Reply #23 on: 26 Feb 2007, 03:00:12 pm
if dr keeps leaving sicey out i for one wont be going to the games i wont be attending against blackpool next sunday as i have something else to do
ile see if sicey plays against blackpool and see if he is in the team for the game at barrow if he is ile be going if he is not i wont

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #24 on: 27 Feb 2007, 02:00:26 am
 Just one question. WHERE IS LEBBON? Severely Lacking a proper winger and a half back. That's my view anyways!
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #25 on: 27 Feb 2007, 10:52:42 am
Sice should be in the team, he's our best hooker but im not going to stop going to games if he's not playing theres no point thats just being a baby so put your dummy back in abd go and support the 17 players that play on the day.

havenchamps2005

Reply #26 on: 27 Feb 2007, 02:59:47 pm
suppoted the club 18 yeas thats one of the worst peformances ive seen on sunday
we play people out of position why?
we leave out are best  attacking option because the coach doesnt like him

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 02 Mar 2007, 08:59:31 pm
suppoted the club 18 yeas thats one of the worst peformances ive seen on sunday
we play people out of position why?
we leave out are best  attacking option because the coach doesnt like him

This is the time of year to try changes in position to see if someone can slot into that position if needed.
As its a part time club, it takes longer to get there match fitness up to scratch. This is the worst time of year for injuries as players are not fully match fit.
Get behind them and i am sure they will make us proud. ;D

Go Haven

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #28 on: 04 Mar 2007, 01:37:59 pm
yer thats true the doncaster match will be the one where the right team will be played id say.