HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Questions for the BOD!

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
on: 26 Feb 2007, 04:24:00 pm
How many weeks is it now that the BOD have known they need to find ?90K towards the railway end stand?  Why have the fans not been asked to chip in?  I have been in the club after both recent home games and nobody has even tried to sell me a raffle ticket.  I ain't even seen a bucket collection at the games.

When the news first broke I think a lot of Haven fans were willing to put their hands in their pockets just to get things moving and finally get a stand, but nothing has come from the club about how they are going to try and raise the funds.  I would have expected a race night or something in the club last night as there is always a good few in the club after Barrow games!

If this stand is going to be in place for the start of the league campaign as previously suggested, then thing need to move fast.  I don't know, maybe the money is in place already or maybe the stand has fallen through?  Please someone from the BOD or club let us know whats happening!
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Online African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 26 Feb 2007, 06:31:43 pm
I stand by my earlier suggestion to raise cash for the stand sell bricks with supporters names on 100 quid a brick i'm sure they could raise some well needed funds for the stand.
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #2 on: 05 Mar 2007, 08:13:15 pm
i wish someone would come on here, and let us supporters know whats happenning about the proposed ?90.000 stand on the railway end.

everything to do with the ground improvements just seems as though its died a death,,(unless i've missed something somewhere)

i know the grant monies from the pow beck scheme is out of the boards hands,,but if we're serious about achieving super league status this year,,we'd better get a move on with this stand at the railway end,,,please let me and others know whats happening....

also--is it intended to brighten or tidy up the clubhouse prior to league games starting,,, the gents w/c yesterday was nothing short of disgracefull,,,(sorry to make such comments,but i'm surprised no else has commented about this,) it was drier standing out on the pop side than in the bog,,,leaks all over the roof,,,, and seriously lacking a lick of paint,,,i really dont know what the likes of the washington contingent think when using these facilities,,utter crap they are,,the toilets need sorted as soon as.......oh!! andwhats happened to the after match enterainment,,,,not even 1 telly insight,,,we as a club are chasing folk away from thier own club house,,,\come on board lets get things sorted now prior to league games commencing :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 05 Mar 2007, 09:47:50 pm

In response to your questions, first of all I can't add much regarding ground development as any statements regarding that have to be agreed by all parties to the Memorandum of Understanding which includes WLR and CBC. All I can say is that we continue to work behind the scenes. I can understand everyone feeling frustrated by the lack of anything happening. We are totally frustrated by the lack of action but will continue to work at it.

In relation to the bar, apologies for the state of the gents. The roof badly needs work doing on it and we are hoping that we can get that done this week. However the weather may be against us. As per usual it is only when you get really bad weather you find out about the leaks etc. The toilets were painted in the close season but because of the leak in the roof the ceiling obviously looks black now. After the Doncaster game this Sunday there will be entertainment from a female vocalist, "Collette" and we are looking to start showing that afternoons match after the entertainment. So hopefully plenty there to keep you entertained!! After match entertainment will continue as usual during the season with hopefully the added bonus of being able to watch the game again.

Thanks for your support

Des Byrne

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 05 Mar 2007, 09:51:57 pm

In response to your questions, first of all I can't add much regarding ground development as any statements regarding that have to be agreed by all parties to the Memorandum of Understanding which includes WLR and CBC. All I can say is that we continue to work behind the scenes. I can understand everyone feeling frustrated by the lack of anything happening. We are totally frustrated by the lack of action but will continue to work at it.

Thanks for your support

Des Byrne

I thought we could ourselves move forward with the Railway End, and only the Full Ground Development needed all 3 parties approval.

TW

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #5 on: 05 Mar 2007, 10:03:44 pm
appreciate you coming back to me des,,,i'm like haven warrior though,, does your comments mean we cannot develop the railway end ????????

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 05 Mar 2007, 11:09:20 pm
How many weeks is it now that the BOD have known they need to find ?90K towards the railway end stand?  Why have the fans not been asked to chip in?  I have been in the club after both recent home games and nobody has even tried to sell me a raffle ticket.  I ain't even seen a bucket collection at the games.

When the news first broke I think a lot of Haven fans were willing to put their hands in their pockets just to get things moving and finally get a stand, but nothing has come from the club about how they are going to try and raise the funds.  I would have expected a race night or something in the club last night as there is always a good few in the club after Barrow games!

If this stand is going to be in place for the start of the league campaign as previously suggested, then thing need to move fast.  I don't know, maybe the money is in place already or maybe the stand has fallen through?  Please someone from the BOD or club let us know whats happening!

How about the board ring people like Richard Branson ect and tell him for 90-150 a stand will be named after him for ever:)
There are plenty of very wealth people tha would like a stand named after themselves!
Or
Hold a raffle with tickets to over the value needed for the person to have the chance to have the stand named after them!

just a thought!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 06 Mar 2007, 10:46:39 am
When was the stands ment to start? id rather the popular side done first as more go in that side than the railway end.
A start date would be one step forward!!

Offline taylor90

• Academy Signing
Reply #8 on: 06 Mar 2007, 11:12:52 am
yeah even though u will fit more in the popular side if it was turned in to a stand it will cost a lot more to get a stand on there than on the railway end i just think the club need to sort it out soon as i am 16 i would use my own money to help the club go forward so whitehaven will be reconised as a good club with a gd stadium and not a gd club with a really bad stadium as some people wont come if there isnt any shelter??

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 06 Mar 2007, 01:56:13 pm
I  appreciate  the  fact  that  there  are  various  parties  involved  with  regards  ground  improvements  but  surely  its  about  time  everyone  involved  got  together  and  a  way  forward  agreed  on  ASAP. 

havenchamps2005

Reply #10 on: 06 Mar 2007, 02:31:44 pm
id say youve got more chance of seeing shergar riding across the recreation ground than you have of seeing a new stand put up in time for the deadline

im not having a dig just the way im seeing things at the minute

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 06 Mar 2007, 07:55:10 pm
just down the road there is a place where 10,000 people work with an annual budget of ?2.4 BILLION. Most of the Haven supporters and players work there and there's scores of companies wanting a bit of the action. Is it totally beyond our BOD capabilities to schmooze the likes of Amec, Studsvik, Capes, Norwest holst, Laing, Mitie, Stobbarts, Nukem etc, etc to re-invest a tiny fraction of the money they are making back into the only local, successful, semi pro sports team? Would it not endear them to the local fans and then have a knock on effect, encouraging the smaller local firms to get on board. The potential resources available are, arguably, beyond our rivals wildest dreams.
0.1 percent of that budget is ?2.4 million - even 10% of THAT amount IS NEARLY A QUARTER OF A MILLION. Do the BOD really not know how to go about tapping into this money. IF NOT, WHY NOT?
Instead of walking around with buckets collecting coppers - there is only so much money supporters can spare - they should be adopting a more professional attitude and, to coin a phrase, getting in amongst it!!
Just a thought.

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 06 Mar 2007, 08:40:34 pm
Thanks for taking the time to reply Des. 

If what was reported in the press is to be believed, the position with regard to the railway end development/stand was that THE CLUB had to come up with ?90K for it to go ahead, I think a few weeks ago fans were itching to start trying to raise some of the ?90K.  Good ideas were posted on here, but again nothing 'appears' to be happening.  I think we all understand that things move along in the background and that negotiations are sensitive, but I also think we would all be happy with (as near as you can give us to) an assurance that 'A STAND' will be in place in sufficient time so as not to preclude entry from Super League for another year.
« Last Edit: 06 Mar 2007, 08:50:34 pm by Jaypeet »
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #13 on: 06 Mar 2007, 09:00:47 pm
just down the road there is a place where 10,000 people work with an annual budget of ?2.4 BILLION. Most of the Haven supporters and players work there and there's scores of companies wanting a bit of the action. Is it totally beyond our BOD capabilities to schmooze the likes of Amec, Studsvik, Capes, Norwest holst, Laing, Mitie, Stobbarts, Nukem etc, etc to re-invest a tiny fraction of the money they are making back into the only local, successful, semi pro sports team? Would it not endear them to the local fans and then have a knock on effect, encouraging the smaller local firms to get on board. The potential resources available are, arguably, beyond our rivals wildest dreams.
0.1 percent of that budget is ?2.4 million - even 10% of THAT amount IS NEARLY A QUARTER OF A MILLION. Do the BOD really not know how to go about tapping into this money. IF NOT, WHY NOT?
Instead of walking around with buckets collecting coppers - there is only so much money supporters can spare - they should be adopting a more professional attitude and, to coin a phrase, getting in amongst it!!
Just a thought.

great post marra agree 100%
haven till i die

Offline magnerslad

• Academy Signing
Reply #14 on: 06 Mar 2007, 09:06:33 pm

Sorry to hear about your toilets lads, but can i just say the female toilets are no better. I would like to see these facilities upgraded , providing a good standard of hygenie also a good impression on the away supporters., Too many times i have heard away supporters commenting on our toilets in a negetive way , to put this mildly. i have been going to the matches for some years now , and feel that enough is enough regarding the facilities that are provided.
Supply of toilet paper , non -existent after the match.  Occasionally  restocked with small toilet rolls , which end up on the floor , wet and not fit to use. Soap and paper towels restocked, this would be nice.
The toilets soon become blocked . At present in one toilet there is a piece of chipboard fitted round the toilet base. Which becomes wet , and gives off a not so sweet odour. Im aware each individual has their own standards, and i do not wish to impose my standards on others. But in the case of our toitlets , come on ! .