HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Questions for the BOD!

havenchamps2005

Reply #15 on: 06 Mar 2007, 09:48:45 pm
agree marra the toilets are a disgrace

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 06 Mar 2007, 10:21:48 pm
To be fair, myself and plenty of others on here, have been airing these views for some time now, and some people have expressed the opinion that things like toilets , catering facilities etc don't really matter and are irrelevant and it's what happens on the pitch that counts. This is the 21st Century and I think it's about time that we moved into it. Yes, it's performances that makes the club tick and be successful, but we need to improve the whole package to send out the message that we are serious about being SL contenders, and not some tuppence hapenny outfit who cant even give their visitors a decent place to go for a slash!

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #17 on: 07 Mar 2007, 09:41:29 pm
Well for a start it would help if people did not block the toilets with full toilet rolls and empty cans.  Myself and Dave Akester spent saturday afternoon knee deep in you know what cleaning clumps of paper and other stuff out of the manhole as the toilets were blocked Ladies and Gents. These actions have not been done by mistake put are deliberate acts of vandalism.  Also on match days the toilet floor is always covered in paper and the floor soaking wet.  Yes the toilets are not up to standard and it would be nice to have brand spanking new ones but who would waste money when these things happen.  If there is no paper in the loo then come to the office and let me know then we can replace it.  If you see anyone vandalising them let us know.  As for the catering facilities we had a burger van on that was first class but because we asked for another he spat the dummy out and wont come back.  We will have 2 on sunday one at each end so hopefully that will be sorted.

Offline magnerslad

• Academy Signing
Reply #18 on: 07 Mar 2007, 11:45:17 pm
i understand you may have the occasional problem with vandalism, but come on the toilets are not full of vandals every week also you have security on the door to stop undesireables (child vandals) going into the bar.As for the female toilets i have never seen cans or full toilet rolls down the toilet ,in all my years of going to the games and i have never missed one for the last ten seasons .As for going to the office for fresh toilet rolls , it is not the responsability of paying supporters .Would it be too much trouble to ask to appoint one of your staff to monitor the situation. It would take 5-10 mins for a member of staff to check the supply of paper and empty the overflowing bin.  Why should a customer have to leave the cue and go and ask for paper , and then rejoin the cue again. And at the same time keep their legs crossed.You are supossed to be running a buisness down there.
Which brings me to the point of the burger vans how much more money do the club want to see walking out the door how about telling all the burger vans to take a hike and give that service direct from the club, we even have a director who owns a chip shop surely he knows what is involved in setting it up, i mean a bricks and motor set up not a wooden hut from focus.we ARE trying to move forward for super league!!!!!!!

havenchamps2005

Reply #19 on: 08 Mar 2007, 01:05:35 am
both chip shop owners have left the bod marra

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #20 on: 08 Mar 2007, 01:17:25 am
Champ, I agree with you.  It is people who make the toilets a mess whether by accident or by design and it makes you think what they are like on their own toilets at home!!!!

How many would report it if they saw someone putting a toilet roll in the toilet?    How many turn off taps left running by someone else?   
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #21 on: 08 Mar 2007, 12:33:43 pm
i understand you may have the occasional problem with vandalism, but come on the toilets are not full of vandals every week also you have security on the door to stop undesireables (child vandals) going into the bar.As for the female toilets i have never seen cans or full toilet rolls down the toilet ,in all my years of going to the games and i have never missed one for the last ten seasons .As for going to the office for fresh toilet rolls , it is not the responsability of paying supporters .Would it be too much trouble to ask to appoint one of your staff to monitor the situation. It would take 5-10 mins for a member of staff to check the supply of paper and empty the overflowing bin.  Why should a customer have to leave the cue and go and ask for paper , and then rejoin the cue again. And at the same time keep their legs crossed.You are supossed to be running a buisness down there.
Which brings me to the point of the burger vans how much more money do the club want to see walking out the door how about telling all the burger vans to take a hike and give that service direct from the club, we even have a director who owns a chip shop surely he knows what is involved in setting it up, i mean a bricks and motor set up not a wooden hut from focus.we ARE trying to move forward for super league!!!!!!!

Well i can tell you that far from it being a rare occurence it is in fact almost every game. The cleaners clean up every monday morning the club and its toilets, the public toilets and the mess is unbelievable.  You say you have never seen the ladies with toilets rolls or cans down  them well its a fact it does happen often.  We put notices up not to use the green hand towels down the toilet but they are ignored. As for food in the ground to serve hot food the club would have to pay a fortune to bring in the facilities needed.  We have burger vans that meet the legislation so we recieve ground rent and no hassle.  Yes the club has a duty to do better but so have the people you use the facilities.