HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

making the club money

Guest · 13 · 1200

thinkank

on: 27 Feb 2007, 03:40:22 pm
from time to time people come on this site searching for ways to make the club money, i for one and can name others think the club should look closer to home for some money for nothing. i am talking about the JJ Mcweon bar once again after the Barrow match when the people staying in the bar for a few drinks were asked to drink up and go home      56 IN TOTAL  AND MOST OF THE BOARD STOOD THERE AND WATCHED EVERY BODY LEAVE   i understand the staff have been there all day but how about a rota system plus we now have two bars its noy rocket science        in my opinion two words come to mind

P*SSUP  & BREWERY

and yes i am a bad speller

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 27 Feb 2007, 04:17:57 pm
Couldn't agree with you more!
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Monte2carlo

Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2007, 04:50:27 pm
Yes

the tail definetly wags the dog when it comes to bar staff in the the JJ

They need to remember that people will drink in there till after 8pm on Sundays

Monte

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 28 Feb 2007, 02:09:07 am
a big miss at the club is sky sports, the ability to watch sport and have a pint before or after the haven match means a lot of people start off or head off to a pub in town or the miners club, meaning no money for the club

how about a happy hour? say 1.30-2.45pm or 6.00pm-7.00pm  1/2 price pints, cans and spirits?
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline KellsEnder

• Academy Signing
Reply #4 on: 28 Feb 2007, 04:37:05 am
a big miss at the club is sky sports, the ability to watch sport and have a pint before or after the haven match means a lot of people start off or head off to a pub in town or the miners club, meaning no money for the club
I agree. We've seen the number of people that come down to the bar to watch the Cup games and final, put Sky Sports in the bar and I'm sure there'd be plenty down to watch any early Premiership football that's on before the match.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 28 Feb 2007, 10:33:44 am
at one stage the  support group offered to keep the bar open...but for some reason the BOD didnt take them up on the offer

the bar should be open to make the most of the people still in there
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 28 Feb 2007, 02:02:30 pm
I agree. We've seen the number of people that come down to the bar to watch the Cup games and final, put Sky Sports in the bar and I'm sure there'd be plenty down to watch any early Premiership football that's on before the match.

Putting Sky Sports into the club would cost a fortune, its not like you may your ?40 a month, its goes on the Rateable Value of the Club, i would say you could be looking at something like ?400 - ?500 a month.

I hear a local club had thier SKY knocked off at the weekend! It really is a major expense.

TW

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 28 Feb 2007, 07:26:48 pm
We had sky in about 2-3 years ago and it cost 300 per month then.  We had the bar open for the rugby on friday and saturday with cheap drink and only 10-12 people turned up so it was taken out.

havenchamps2005

Reply #8 on: 28 Feb 2007, 07:42:11 pm
we should get a 2 games

haven fans vs haven fans as the curtain raiser

the main event
haven players now vs ex haven players

i could imagine both teams

haven now                                         
1 broadbent
2 calvert
3 seeds
4 r jackson
5 maden
6 rudd
7 duffy
8 trindall
9 sice
10 fats
11 miller
12 fletcher
13 a smith

14 joe
15 mattinson
16 lester
17 marc jackson
18 hill
19 wright
20 teare

ex haven players (coached by paul cullen and steve mccormack  ;D)
1 wilson
2 nelson
3 walsh
4 nanyn
5 o'neil
6 friend
7 obst
8 tandy
9 penny
10 summers
11 mcdermott
12 leafa
13 rob purdham

14 roper
15 pip davidson
16 morton
17 vaughan
18 chambers
19 reg dun
20 wilkes

and after the games how about a quiz like they think its all over

one team could be
lester
seeds
leroy
fats
rotherham
peter smith

against

cullen
mccormack
obst
rob purdham
champ  ;D
with the final member of this team being drawn from a hat ?1 for your name in the hat if your name is drawn out you join this team  ;D
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2007, 07:44:42 pm by havenchamps2005 »

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 28 Feb 2007, 08:32:12 pm
you cant really class roper as an ex haven player as his eyes just lit up when he saw the pound signs and done the dirty on us, best thing he ever done really!!

plus if you were to have a quiz with rotherham on a team how long would be acceptable to wait for an answer from him? as a couple of us have waited nearly 12 months for one!!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 28 Feb 2007, 08:38:15 pm
We had sky in about 2-3 years ago and it cost 300 per month then.  We had the bar open for the rugby on friday and saturday with cheap drink and only 10-12 people turned up so it was taken out.

the main problem with the club is that it is not a social club, it is a club that is basically used on match days,

how it is used on match days maybe needs some new impetus, i dont know, i have made my suggestions re a happy hour,

i know the installation of sky is pretty much a no no due the lask of use of the club, it isnt financially viable to install it.

after match entertainment, be it singers, or race nights or comedians or whatever need to be better advertised, for instance, is there anything happening after the blackpool match this sunday?
the reverand, big mac

Monte2carlo

Reply #11 on: 28 Feb 2007, 11:11:08 pm
Big Mac,

An evening with you is worth the admission alone ...... cake police ring any bells

Monte

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 01 Mar 2007, 01:55:14 am
ahhhhhhhhhh
those were the days monte!!!

the old cake police i remember em well!!

personally i dont touch the things nowadays, what with my svelt figure et al!!
LOL
the reverand, big mac