HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

john patrick

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #30 on: 09 Dec 2010, 03:03:37 pm
Well if as you say he his asking 20k of Town you would think he must have been getting that at least
well he def wasnt with charlo last night that i can tell you :nod: :nod: :nod:
born and bred haven.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #31 on: 09 Dec 2010, 03:04:14 pm
20k for 1 player is a bit outragous when the entire salary cap for the entire squad is only 150k

Offline Exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #32 on: 09 Dec 2010, 04:38:56 pm
right guys john patrick will do a good job 4 haven or any team i hope he gets a club soon good player and how many of you on here slagging him off as played the game ?????? good luck john on who ever you play 4 mate
We all hate town,and we all hate town

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #33 on: 09 Dec 2010, 07:00:55 pm
right graeme john wont do a good job for haven coz he dont play for us and when he did obviously didnt come upto somes expectations, mine included.people arent slagging him off just posting there opinion  which isnt the same as yours,be careful or they,ll comment on what you were like as a player ::)
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #34 on: 09 Dec 2010, 07:40:59 pm
I've seen him a few times and can't really say I was too impressed. I remember 1 game we had an overlap and had he fed Calvert its was a certain try. He decided to cut inside and the chance was gone. He got slated by the popular side. He would do well in the reserves and could make a decent squad player but in the champioship he was out of his depth i'm afraid. :(

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #35 on: 09 Dec 2010, 09:48:04 pm
I think you're being a bit unfair to the lad.   You have got to think of how the team as a whole was playing last year andaccording to you, the fans, you had a poor coach , etc, etc, plus the lad was working away from home and it was hard for him to get to training at times.   I believe he now has a job locally so if he has signed for Town I hope he can make a go of it.

Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #36 on: 09 Dec 2010, 10:36:09 pm
I think you're being a bit unfair to the lad.   You have got to think of how the team as a whole was playing last year andaccording to you, the fans, you had a poor coach , etc, etc, plus the lad was working away from home and it was hard for him to get to training at times.   I believe he now has a job locally so if he has signed for Town I hope he can make a go of it.

Thing is keith he never played last season but he was a decent squad player when we where doing well in play offs and league

Offline donkey wonky

• Academy Star
Reply #37 on: 10 Dec 2010, 10:11:49 am
hes hardly going to trail back and forth from barra for any less you would think, WOULD YOU ::)
not everyone has lolalty to the haven not the ones that have been messed about anyway if they have got guts to move on

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #38 on: 10 Dec 2010, 10:54:52 am
hes hardly going to trail back and forth from barra for any less you would think, WOULD YOU ::)
not everyone has lolalty to the haven not the ones that have been messed about anyway if they have got guts to move on
he isnt at haven he unattached to any team at the minute but like i said hes hardly going to trail to jamland three times a week for less!!
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline Exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #39 on: 10 Dec 2010, 11:37:26 am
atleast i played chocoblueandgold
We all hate town,and we all hate town

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #40 on: 10 Dec 2010, 12:45:09 pm
thats a matter of opinion,i have also played the game but like yourself was not good enough to impress ;)

Offline troutmaster

• Academy Star
Reply #41 on: 10 Dec 2010, 01:57:23 pm
thats a matter of opinion,i have also played the game but like yourself was not good enough to impress ;)
Touche CBG,i once commented on Mr Stuart about his playing days but of course the same old reply came to the fore"at least i played the game"but he did not say how bad he was when he tried to play,anyway,john patrick signed for town 2 months ago,i know the lad did not play very well whilst at haven but at that time a lot of the players were not playing to their capabilities whatever the circumstances, and, the reason we all know now led to haven dropping down a division,they have now got themselves on a decent footing to try and fight their way back upto the championship,Haven94,who i respect his posts says, town will not win promotion with that squad,well shaun i personally i think town have done well to collect a decent squad for that division but like all things it's the end of the season when it will come to light but i hope both clubs do enough to get promoted next year because i think that in the next few years unless the RFL get themselves together and have 1 division instead of 2 there will be a death knell on us lower clubs,just my opinion and i hope i am wrong for both our sakes. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #42 on: 10 Dec 2010, 05:20:44 pm
I totally agree we should make it one league and get rid of a few of the lesser teams. I thought John Patrick was OK and the only problem was when he was one of geds golden boys that got picked no matter how bad they played. I think he will be a 2nd row as he never really had the hands for centre. I hear tunstal is on his way as well. Their seems to be more town fans on hear then on their own website. I don't blame you as wonky talks the biggest load of crap I have ever herd lol   

Offline troutmaster

• Academy Star
Reply #43 on: 10 Dec 2010, 05:39:41 pm
I totally agree we should make it one league and get rid of a few of the lesser teams. I thought John Patrick was OK and the only problem was when he was one of geds golden boys that got picked no matter how bad they played. I think he will be a 2nd row as he never really had the hands for centre. I hear tunstal is on his way as well. Their seems to be more town fans on hear then on their own website. I don't blame you as wonky talks the biggest load of crap I have ever herd lol   
You are right Cumbria1 Mathew Tunstall has been in talks with town and i would imagine he will sign but matty has lost his job and at 2 weeks ago was maybe going to try his luck on the job side in Wales,i for one hope he makes it back,he might not have played well at haven but in this division i think matty will hold his own in most packs.I like youself would hope that we can get the 1division and that teams that do not look like they are going to do well, and i have to include town in the equation you have to show ambition if you want to stay in RFL.Ahaha,wonky just likes to wind the haven fans up,but he can post some times a responsible post but not normally on the haven site,you take care mate.......

Offline wonky

• First Team Backup
Reply #44 on: 11 Dec 2010, 11:43:22 am
it would be a massive shock if town re-signed tutty,ive heard reasons why town wouldnt take him back,but think its unfair to say as im not 100% sure if true.as for john patrick,i think hes a good player but will only be cover for mossop and low.and as for broady,there is no chance town can afford his wage demands,as jacko,matty and stack will already be on large wages,we also have the best full back in the league so why would we want another one.broady is class but i would be dissapointed if we stumped carters growth as a player by replacing him with an older man who has 2 seasons left at best.