HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

aaron smith and steve maden

Guest · 16 · 2102

havenchamps2005

on: 02 Mar 2007, 04:38:07 pm
both are out of contract at the end of the sesaon hopefully the bod do there up most to keep both of them

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 02 Mar 2007, 05:57:05 pm
both are out of contract at the end of the sesaon hopefully the bod do there up most to keep both of them

i thought smith signed for 2 years last april
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 02 Mar 2007, 06:02:41 pm

i thought smith signed for 2 years last april

He did as in last season and then this season. That's 2 seasons

havenchamps2005

Reply #3 on: 02 Mar 2007, 09:04:25 pm
aaron signed for 18 months just looked back now  ;D

steve made is out of contract hopefully duffy and rob jackson can convince him to stay  ;D

Offline Haven till I Die

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 03 Mar 2007, 04:58:03 am
Aaron Smith signed a 2 and a 1/2 year contract last season then 2 full seasons and im sure Maden signed for 2 years at the start of the season

havenchamps2005

Reply #5 on: 03 Mar 2007, 12:38:32 pm
madens was a 1 year extension on his 2006 contract and is out of contract at the end of 2007

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 03 Mar 2007, 01:00:57 pm
heres a list of contract dates thanks to chris D for this

Andrew Jones Jul-09
Lewis Salmon Jul-09
Carl Rudd  Apr-09
Graeme Mattinson Dec-08
Scott Teare Dec-08
John Duffy Sep-08
Gary Broadbent Sep-08
Howard Hill  Sep-08
Derry Eilbeck Sep-08
Rob Jackson Sep-08
Craig Calvert Aug-08
Carl Sice Aug-08
Craig Hodgson Jul-08
Scott Falmer Jul-08
Ashley Elsley Jul-08
Craig Benson Jun-08
Stephen Fox Jun-08
Chris Smith Jun-08
Adam Shaw Jun-08
Aaron Smith May-08
Scott McAvoy Feb-08
Danny Barker Feb-08
David Seeds Nov-07
David Fatialofa Nov-07
John lebbon Nov-07
Leroy Joe Oct-07
Steve Maden Oct-07
Neil Baynes Sep-07
Steve Trindall Sep-07
Ricky Wright              Sep-07
Aaron lester Sep-07
Marc Bainbridge Aug-07
Daniel Smith Jun-07
Mark Deans Mar-07
Marc Jackson Jan-07 ??
Spencer Miller  ??
THE MULLET IS BACK

havenchamps2005

Reply #7 on: 03 Mar 2007, 01:36:10 pm
ricky wright signed for 2 years didnt he before christmas  ???
i hope lebbon marc jackson bainbridge dan smith and maden all extended there stays at the club
i hope fats has 1 more year
i can see trindall lester seeds and leroy all finishing at the end of the season
i think mark deans shoulder is a bit like phil sherwins so would it be worth renewing his contract
baynes has gone

Offline Javtee

• Academy Signing
Reply #8 on: 03 Mar 2007, 07:23:07 pm
I can't see what the panick is to get Aaron Smith to sign another contract.  Over the last couple of weeks there has been some debate regarding the 4 hookers we have at the club.  I think I read last week that DR has finally come to the conclusion that he can't accommodate them all in the starting 17.  If I was picking the team, Aaron Smith would be the hooker that I would leave out.  Both Sice & Mattinson do everything Smith does and more.  It was obvious watching the Blackpool away and Barrow home games that when Sice is either not in the team or playing out of position the team lacks flare, speed from acting half back and the most important thing is the two tries he always comes up with.  I've nothing against Aaron Smith but I personally think the ?35k + contract he is on could be better spent on another prop or a classy half back.

havenchamps2005

Reply #9 on: 03 Mar 2007, 08:03:01 pm
aaron smith imo isnt a hooker he is a loose forward and thats where he should be played before aaron lester and GB should be made captain with sicey at 9 and mattinson off the bench

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 03 Mar 2007, 08:19:41 pm
I can't see what the panick is to get Aaron Smith to sign another contract.  Over the last couple of weeks there has been some debate regarding the 4 hookers we have at the club.  I think I read last week that DR has finally come to the conclusion that he can't accommodate them all in the starting 17.  If I was picking the team, Aaron Smith would be the hooker that I would leave out.  Both Sice & Mattinson do everything Smith does and more.  It was obvious watching the Blackpool away and Barrow home games that when Sice is either not in the team or playing out of position the team lacks flare, speed from acting half back and the most important thing is the two tries he always comes up with.  I've nothing against Aaron Smith but I personally think the ?35k + contract he is on could be better spent on another prop or a classy half back.

Smith is our best hooker by a distance. At the back end of last season he ran our team. The 20 minutes spell we had against Rochdale where we scored 5 tries was largely down to him. I think we'd have beat Widnes if he was on the field. Mattinson i don't think has proved he is good enough to get in the 17, last week he had a shocker.

Offline Bambaa Rockss

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 03 Mar 2007, 09:32:54 pm
Mattinson last week had a shocker? (which game were you watching mate or do you know what number Mattinson was wearing?)

Offline Haven till I Die

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 04 Mar 2007, 03:28:51 am
Mattinson i don't think has proved he is good enough to get in the 17, last week he had a shocker.

Totally agree with you here marra his passing was shocking last week. Just feel he needs to learn his trade a bit better takes the wrong option to many times for me at the moment. But certainly is gonna be a big thing in the future

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 04 Mar 2007, 07:07:31 am
Aaron  Smith  is  without  doubt  a  quality  player  but  if  I  were  picking  the  side  he  would  be  at  13.  He's  still  not  100%  fit  so  there's  more  to  come  from  him  with  a  bit  of  luck.

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #14 on: 04 Mar 2007, 09:49:18 am

Smith is our best hooker by a distance. At the back end of last season he ran our team. The 20 minutes spell we had against Rochdale where we scored 5 tries was largely down to him. I think we'd have beat Widnes if he was on the field. Mattinson i don't think has proved he is good enough to get in the 17, last week he had a shocker.

can't agree with you there i think sice is our best hooker except DR is playing him out of posistion look at blackpool DR put sice at full-back one of the worst peformances he has ever had for the club nd the best games he has had for haven have been at hooker

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"