HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven release Baynes

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
on: 03 Mar 2007, 11:20:47 am
From the official site:
Whitehaven have released prop-forward Neil Baynes from the club.

Neil has been struggling to make training sessions due to his location. He's also started a new job which involves unsociable hours making things very difficult.

Whitehaven RLFC would like to thank Neil for his service to the club and wish him all the best in the future.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 03 Mar 2007, 11:58:21 am
Greggs will be safe once more lol :D :D :D

Offline Tr@ctorboy 47

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 03 Mar 2007, 12:29:35 pm
basher was one of the best in training last season. when he was playing he made his yards
:(

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 03 Mar 2007, 01:55:10 pm
early season yer you just have to look at his latest pics he,s a walkn heart attack id rather spend good money on fletch.

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 03 Mar 2007, 02:24:18 pm
dal macca u r tunring into reg he was a good player best wishes to neil

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 03 Mar 2007, 02:54:58 pm
oh right so you,d like baynes to stay and fletch go then!!!
baynes has been over weight a long time and not wanting to get fit is disrespectful to the whitehaven team and fans the rest of the team give 110%. Im glad he,s gone but im not the only one thinkn that.
so call me what you want, theres no room in the whitehaven team for free loaders mate. ;)

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 03 Mar 2007, 03:43:47 pm
Pity  really  as  a  fully  fit  Baynes  could  have  done  serious  damage  in  NL1  and  been  a  big  asset  to  the  club.  He  was  a  big  hit  early  on  but  after  being  out  for  ages  with  a  knee  injury  struggled  to  get  back  to  full  fitness. As  it  is  he  was  given  enough  chances  to  get  fit  but  failed  to  take  any  of  them.

Piling  on  the  pounds  then  led  to  more  injuries  and  when  he  was  playing  struggled  to  see  out  20  minutes.  In  the  end  DR  and  the  BOD  had  no  choice  but  to  release  him.

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #7 on: 03 Mar 2007, 05:59:26 pm
no macca just he was a good player when he was fit  he was 1 of the best props in NL1

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 03 Mar 2007, 06:35:40 pm
no macca just he was a good player when he was fit  he was 1 of the best props in NL1
and you base that on the 6 or 7 games he played for us when he was fit.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 03 Mar 2007, 06:38:58 pm
yer true RL he was good when he signd  and if he did keep fit he would have done well.
but now my opinion is im glad he,s gone and welcome the fletch  ;D ;D ;D

Offline haven lad born and bread

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 03 Mar 2007, 11:04:44 pm
y glad he's gone we could do with him now fats is out. Ye he is unfit but was a good player even if you did only get 15 ins out of him in little spells.

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #11 on: 04 Mar 2007, 09:55:02 am
yer true RL he was good when he signd  and if he did keep fit he would have done well.
but now my opinion is im glad he,s gone and welcome the fletch  ;D ;D ;D

baynes on his day was as good as flecther so i am sad to neil go but good to see fletch come in
« Last Edit: 04 Mar 2007, 12:19:52 pm by HavenWarrior »

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 04 Mar 2007, 10:37:52 am
whats with the insults like?
Thats my opinion and im not the only one think that way, how can you say he,s been good as fletch with fletch only playing a few games for haven you goon.as i say again im glad he,s gone because he,s getting paid and not pulling his weight pardon the pun lol. :D :D :D

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #13 on: 04 Mar 2007, 12:40:51 pm
how long did they hold him captive? :D :D unfortunately he didnt keep himself fit which was a shame as he was a good player has he gone to swinton ?
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 04 Mar 2007, 12:44:18 pm
last i seen on heer yer swinton