HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

NOW OR NEVER!

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
on: 04 Mar 2007, 10:37:33 pm
I am a haven fan through and through, but it disapoints me when we keep on hearing about these 40 proffesionals we have on our books. Yes there is alot of young talent in cumbria, but in 2 years time if Haven havent made the promised land of superleague, the door shuts what then of all these youngsters. Surely entrance to superleague should come first and signing local talent second. Im sorry to say we are short of 2 or 3  proven superleague players. Firstly we need to get into superleague, and secondly Cumbria is rife with young talent and we will always attract the best youngsters. We need a quick fix before it is to late, or we will find ourselves playing for the division 1 trophy were there will be probably  4 teams in it because everyone else has gone bankkrupt

Online WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 04 Mar 2007, 10:42:48 pm
i agree we need to get rid of some of the players and then money will be available for the first team squad for 2 sl players we need a stand off and a prop as ppl have said

havenchamps2005

Reply #2 on: 04 Mar 2007, 10:45:29 pm
you do know that u21s dont count on the salary cap dont you?

broadbent
calvert
seeds
rob jackson
maden
rudd
duffy
trindall
sice
fatialofa
miller
fletcher
aaron smith
lester
mattinson
eilbeck
lebbon
teare
hill
wright
marc jackson
joe
are the only haven players on the salary cap

Online WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 04 Mar 2007, 10:49:08 pm
sounds good then didnt no that cheers marra well we should have some decent doller available from getting rid of baynes so that sum1 can come in when needed and we could make good use of a player than havin one do five mins on the pitch and keeping the bench warm for the other 75 mins

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 04 Mar 2007, 10:52:12 pm
I also did not know that the kids were not included on the salary cap

havenchamps2005

Reply #5 on: 04 Mar 2007, 11:28:59 pm
yeah it was a new rule brought in at the start of the season as alot of the cas lads arnt counted on the cap
huby
boyle
payne
westerman
owen
knowles
johnstone
croft
shenton

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 05 Mar 2007, 10:05:41 am
But surely when we sign these kids, they all come with a sign on fee, contract bonuses ect ect, say we sign 17 amateur kids and they all get ?1000 each sign on fee, to me that ?17000 could be spent on experienced ex superleague players, i understand that superleague players dont come along all the time and it was good to hear DR say on the radio that if the right person came along that they would go for them.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 05 Mar 2007, 11:11:40 am
DR said on the radio they are still on the look out for quality players at the right price and bringing someone in mid season has not been ruled out...this worked last year with leafa..gave us a fresh approach
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 05 Mar 2007, 01:57:55 pm
But surely when we sign these kids, they all come with a sign on fee, contract bonuses ect ect, say we sign 17 amateur kids and they all get ?1000 each sign on fee, to me that ?17000 could be spent on experienced ex superleague players, i understand that superleague players dont come along all the time and it was good to hear DR say on the radio that if the right person came along that they would go for them.

they get nowhere near ?1000 for signing on its more like ?200 - ?300 i think then i think they get 20 quid for playing and an extra 20 if they win
haven till i die