HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

2012 season

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #15 on: 01 Feb 2011, 01:55:17 pm
I think both Whitehaven and Workington fans should be very worried about these proposals.I think barrow will not get an SL place but will defo get a place in the championship under the new structure. Would the RFL want 2 cumbrian teams in the championship or even three as i have not doubt all 3 clubs would apply, not a chance cumbria would be given one place and that would more than likely go to barrow.

That would mean the other 2 clubs in CH1 which will be a weaker competition than it is now and crowds would reflect this, call me a sceptic but then i think the rfl would try to use this and the carrot of double money as a way of getting teams to merge eventually doing away with CH1

From a Haven fans view point, with an upgrade to the floodlights our ground as it is meets the criteria for the championship and I'm sure the new ground would meet it with the addition of some extra seats which would not be too difficult. We have a proven youth structure and player development, proven reserves and a strong community programme, but our undoing like widnes in their last attempt for SL could be administration and a lack of proven financial stability

for town the ground meets the specs and they have the history of financial stability, but fall well short on any sort of player development/reserves/community

i think its a very risky process for both clubs to be backing , as with barrow being the top club in cumbria at the mo both town and haven could find themselves left out in the cold of CH1 for a number of years
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #16 on: 01 Feb 2011, 02:30:00 pm
why shouldnt there be 3 cumbrian teams in the championship when theres gonna be plenty of lancs and yorks teams in it and as for barrow they,re prob closer to some of the lancs teams than they are to us and town

Offline The voice

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 01 Feb 2011, 02:32:57 pm
I think both Whitehaven and Workington fans should be very worried about these proposals.I think barrow will not get an SL place but will defo get a place in the championship under the new structure. Would the RFL want 2 cumbrian teams in the championship or even three as i have not doubt all 3 clubs would apply, not a chance cumbria would be given one place and that would more than likely go to barrow.

That would mean the other 2 clubs in CH1 which will be a weaker competition than it is now and crowds would reflect this, call me a sceptic but then i think the rfl would try to use this and the carrot of double money as a way of getting teams to merge eventually doing away with CH1

From a Haven fans view point, with an upgrade to the floodlights our ground as it is meets the criteria for the championship and I'm sure the new ground would meet it with the addition of some extra seats which would not be too difficult. We have a proven youth structure and player development, proven reserves and a strong community programme, but our undoing like widnes in their last attempt for SL could be administration and a lack of proven financial stability

for town the ground meets the specs and they have the history of financial stability, but fall well short on any sort of player development/reserves/community

i think its a very risky process for both clubs to be backing , as with barrow being the top club in cumbria at the mo both town and haven could find themselves left out in the cold of CH1 for a number of years

I thin (to be honest) Workington are well ahead of Haven in terms of community/player development in so much as theyve had less travellers for the last couple of years?

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #18 on: 01 Feb 2011, 02:36:22 pm

I thin (to be honest) Workington are well ahead of Haven in terms of community/player development in so much as theyve had less travellers for the last couple of years?

What dya mean less travellers best part of town team are from barrow not exactly local

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #19 on: 01 Feb 2011, 02:42:13 pm

how many locals from town play for town :shake: :shake: :shake: :shake:
born and bred haven.

• Haven Legend
Reply #20 on: 01 Feb 2011, 02:43:50 pm

your havin a giraffe mate,  no reserves, no youth development and team made up of ex barrow and ex haven players, out of the current town line up how many have came from any sort of town development or nurturing coward and frazer thats about it maybe miller not sure, the rest have been developed by other clubs

1 Carter
2 Miller
3 Mossop
4 Low
5 Frazer
6 Bainbridge
7 Holt
8 Jackson
9 Mattinson
10 Coward
11 Whitehead
12 Stack
13 Olstrum

14 Pedley
15 Shackley
16 McGoff
17 MacDonald

THE MULLET IS BACK

• Haven Legend
Reply #21 on: 01 Feb 2011, 03:21:19 pm
As for community you only have to look at events over the last week to see the difference in the community programs ,we had our schools team out in schools with the Leeds mascot etc ,training programs down at the rec etc,

anyway going off topic here its not to discuss which team has best what it about the number of cumbrian teams in the championship and i cant see the RFL wanting 3, 2 at a push more likley 1, they will use the expansion to bring in another french team for sure, and now wakey have gone into admin i think we could expect them in there also
« Last Edit: 01 Feb 2011, 03:29:17 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Haven till I Die

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 01 Feb 2011, 04:10:58 pm

you dont have ot apply to be in the championship they will be stopping like they are for the minute unless teams cannot bmeet the criteria which on my reckoning there is only probably oldham in the championships at the moment so nothing much will change

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #23 on: 01 Feb 2011, 04:27:06 pm
This proposal hold no fears for Whitehaven - we would be an absoloute shoe in for a place in the new league and infact to an extent this takes the pressure of the young team this year.

We have probably the best youth structure with the possible exception of Widnes outside SL.

We have been awarded the community club standing.

We have consistantly run a reserves

We will all things being equal have   a new stadium approved by the time the places are allocated

We have no debts - unlike most clubs in the championship  ;)

Over the last five years we have been one of the best supported teams in the championship.

Its a great idea and should be embraced.

• Haven Legend
Reply #24 on: 01 Feb 2011, 04:40:13 pm
Wish I had your confidence this is the RFLwere thing about
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #25 on: 01 Feb 2011, 06:00:55 pm
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #26 on: 01 Feb 2011, 06:07:04 pm

Offline abu

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 01 Feb 2011, 06:18:13 pm
BKM there was over 20 of towns under 18 team training last week has for running a reserve team most teams in our championship 1 can not afford the 30k it takes to run

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #28 on: 01 Feb 2011, 06:57:07 pm
Think the bottom line is the RFL are working pretty close with Haven at the moment and are as keen as anyone to see this new stadium come off.  We'll be right  ;)

• Haven Legend
Reply #29 on: 01 Feb 2011, 07:17:31 pm
there are 11 team in the championship at the moment of which if wakey come down in the 2012 licence then i think 2 will go up  widnes and toulouse , if they dont one will go up either way leaving 10 teams

these 10 i think will stay in there by default as most if not all have grounds that meet the criteria
they are talking of 12 or 14 teams so that's 2 or 4 from i would think
swinton
hunslet
keighley
york
town
haven
south wales
oldham
doncaster

if its 2 then i think south wales will get the nod plus one other, if its 4 i think you will find another french team getting the nod plus south wales plus 2 others
remember its all about expansion
i do not trust the RFL that this is in the best interest of clubs maybe i'm  just paranoid
THE MULLET IS BACK