2012 season

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #30 on: 01 Feb 2011, 07:26:21 pm
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #31 on: 01 Feb 2011, 07:30:59 pm
BKM arent Hunslet and York part ofthe championship already.  You may be right about expansion i would have absouletly no fear though if it came down to a choice between us town Oldham and swinton we would prevail.  Our track record and infrasture plus the new stadium put us way ahead.  We also have the Nuclear support which may count for something if push came to shove.

• Haven Legend
Reply #32 on: 01 Feb 2011, 07:35:36 pm
BKM arent Hunslet and York part ofthe championship already.  You may be right about expansion i would have absouletly no fear though if it came down to a choice between us town Oldham and swinton we would prevail.  Our track record and infrasture plus the new stadium put us way ahead.  We also have the Nuclear support which may count for something if push came to shove.

they are my mistake
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #33 on: 01 Feb 2011, 09:50:35 pm
Think the bottom line is the RFL are working pretty close with Haven at the moment and are as keen as anyone to see this new stadium come off.  We'll be right  ;)

What you mean Boxer is that the RFL are working with you to ensure you are not overspending as they do with all clubs that have been in administration.   You have to have their permission to sign players.

Ralph Rimmer was also at Town last week so is he working with them as well!!!!
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #34 on: 01 Feb 2011, 10:00:36 pm

Keith you imply I'm saying haven will get the nod which i didn't far from it infact just pointing out its not the good thing we may think.
As for pinching players they have a choice and the majority choose haven because of its proven youth structure and reserve team , which is a proven success by last years grand final and league title win, its as much about what they produce as it is about having them in place.
You may have things in place but look at your first team to see who is producing /developing some  best players in the county, whats the point of a 99 year lease if the grounds failling down, granted its more than we have at the moment but time will tell on that
like i have said its not about who's got what its being very cautious about this plans that could end up benefitting who the RFL want it to benefit  EXPANSION

Well it certainly looked as if that is what you (and Boxer) were implying in your other post.   As you say your reserves did very well last year but at what cost to the club?   You had to go in to administration to get rid of debts some of which most probably were incurred through running a reserve team.   Swings and roundabouts I'm afraid.

I think you will find that the least subject taken in to account when the time comes is whether a club runs a reserve team.   We are getting in to the same system as SL where the bottom team of the Championship is relegated and replaced by the top side in the Championship 1 if they meet the criteria.    After that the second bottom team in the Championship will play in the Ch 1 play-offs, as the lowest placed club, but only against teams that meet the criteria of the Championship.  So, as I said before I don't think it will matter if the Championship has 3 Cumbrian clubs in there or not as long as they can all meet the set criteria.

See you never mentioned the lease for the Rec though but plenty to say about DP!!!! 

ca28

Reply #35 on: 01 Feb 2011, 10:20:23 pm
I would like to see all three Cumbrian teams in the top division of the new structure. However one question, is there enough quality rugby players to substain three county sides in this new format.

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #36 on: 01 Feb 2011, 10:23:40 pm
Dont take this the wrong way keith but i am not sure what Town have to offer.  2/3 of the team are bused in from 60 miles away, very poorly supported and in recent years a very poorly performing team. 

I know you have 999 year lease on Derwent Park but its an awful stadium for  watching RL IMO.   These venues with tracks round the permitter just dont work for spectator sports like RL or Football

Offline Haven till I Die

• Academy Star
Reply #37 on: 01 Feb 2011, 10:24:38 pm

Keith you imply I'm saying haven will get the nod which i didn't far from it infact just pointing out its not the good thing we may think.
As for pinching players they have a choice and the majority choose haven because of its proven youth structure and reserve team , which is a proven success by last years grand final and league title win, its as much about what they produce as it is about having them in place.
You may have things in place but look at your first team to see who is producing /developing some  best players in the county, whats the point of a 99 year lease if the grounds failling down, granted its more than we have at the moment but time will tell on that
like i have said its not about who's got what its being very cautious about this plans that could end up benefitting who the RFL want it to benefit  EXPANSION

Well it certainly looked as if that is what you (and Boxer) were implying in your other post.   As you say your reserves did very well last year but at what cost to the club?   You had to go in to administration to get rid of debts some of which most probably were incurred through running a reserve team.   Swings and roundabouts I'm afraid.

I think you will find that the least subject taken in to account when the time comes is whether a club runs a reserve team.   We are getting in to the same system as SL where the bottom team of the Championship is relegated and replaced by the top side in the Championship 1 if they meet the criteria.    After that the second bottom team in the Championship will play in the Ch 1 play-offs, as the lowest placed club, but only against teams that meet the criteria of the Championship.  So, as I said before I don't think it will matter if the Championship has 3 Cumbrian clubs in there or not as long as they can all meet the set criteria.

See you never mentioned the lease for the Rec though but plenty to say about DP!!!!
Keith think you will find all 3 clubs meet the criteria for the cahmpionship so it is a moot point

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #38 on: 01 Feb 2011, 10:26:56 pm
Probably not CA28 certainly not enough in west cumbria two sustain to teams at the Championship standard.  Certainly while the very best are going direct to SL clubs.  This is the  reason why Town are so reliant on ex Barrow players - who became surpless to requirements when Des brought in a team of largley  Lancs / Yorks / Aus players.

• Haven Legend
Reply #39 on: 01 Feb 2011, 10:47:17 pm
Keith you keep banging on about the lease but were still playing there,and after this season we may not need a lease so like I say let's see what happens
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #40 on: 01 Feb 2011, 11:09:28 pm
Probably not CA28 certainly not enough in west cumbria two sustain to teams at the Championship standard.  Certainly while the very best are going direct to SL clubs.  This is the  reason why Town are so reliant on ex Barrow players - who became surpless to requirements when Des brought in a team of largley  Lancs / Yorks / Aus players.

But you are not producing the players are you?   The amateur clubs are producing them and you are picking them up from them.    Over the past two years you have gained several players on the pretence of the West Cumbria Under 18's.   Now Haven have switched to Under 23's and Town have started an Under 18's, who is producing the youth players now going by your own criteria!!!  As for the Barrow lads all I can add is that Haven could have done with one or two of them last season and this!!!

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #41 on: 01 Feb 2011, 11:13:57 pm

But you are not producing the players are you?   The amateur clubs are producing them and you are picking them up from them.    Over the past two years you have gained several players on the pretence of the West Cumbria Under 18's.   Now Haven have switched to Under 23's and Town have started an Under 18's, who is producing the youth players now going by your own criteria!!!  As for the Barrow lads all I can add is that Haven could have done with one or two of them last season and this!!!

Aye but i would say 95% of the west cumbria u18,s have come thro our scholarship though

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #42 on: 01 Feb 2011, 11:16:45 pm

Aye but i would say 95% of the west cumbria u18,s have come thro our scholarship though

Quite a number started in Towns scholarship.  I can't be specific so I can't give numbers but they moved to Haven for the West Cumbria Under 18's team.

Offline Haven till I Die

• Academy Star
Reply #43 on: 01 Feb 2011, 11:18:36 pm

Quite a number started in Towns scholarship.  I can't be specific so I can't give numbers but they moved to Haven for the West Cumbria Under 18's team.

4players from the town scholarship in the west cumbria u18s squad all the rest have come through havens

Offline abu

• Academy Star
Reply #44 on: 01 Feb 2011, 11:36:44 pm
what about callum phillips the play maker  for the under 18 i think he plays for seatoni