HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

2012 season

ca28

Reply #45 on: 01 Feb 2011, 11:43:41 pm
Yet again another decent post has decended into a tribal slagging match.  :witch:

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #46 on: 02 Feb 2011, 09:42:33 am
Probably not CA28 certainly not enough in west cumbria two sustain to teams at the Championship standard.  Certainly while the very best are going direct to SL clubs.  This is the  reason why Town are so reliant on ex Barrow players - who became surpless to requirements when Des brought in a team of largley  Lancs / Yorks / Aus players.

But you are not producing the players are you?   The amateur clubs are producing them and you are picking them up from them.    Over the past two years you have gained several players on the pretence of the West Cumbria Under 18's.   Now Haven have switched to Under 23's and Town have started an Under 18's, who is producing the youth players now going by your own criteria!!!  As for the Barrow lads all I can add is that Haven could have done with one or two of them last season and this!!!

so keith your saying we produce/develop no players, steal all allerdale best players etc etc cause we have hewer and smith, i remember you had hewer for a while and did nothing on development  thats why he came back to haven .
 Come on Keith look at your own squad 3  players bamber and shacks, lebbon products of the scholarship/reserves over the last few years, matty and jacko both from brow but develop by haven into the players they are today.
thats 5 of your squad not ours,that we have produced /developed what ever you want to call it   

in our squad look at the players we have produce through either the scholarship/reserves or taken from the amateur clubs and developed them into proven quality players at this level

barker, Reece fox,Spencer miller, Calvert, Scott macca jay rossi (international at his age level),Craig Benson, ackerely,chris smith, David ford all proved their self at this level, then you have the likes of mark Watson,Nicky cook,brad crellin,stephen fox,loz hamzat,danny bower,richard farrar.Who all will find there feet this year and will

if thats not bring players on then i dont know what is , yes some come from amateur clubs and they play a big part in their development , but once they turn pro they either develop further through the club or not

let me ask you this keith which players in the town squad which town signed from a amateur club or come through the scholarship have proved them selves at this level and develop in to better players like i said coward and frazer thats about it
« Last Edit: 02 Feb 2011, 12:14:01 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Nero

• Academy Signing
Reply #47 on: 02 Feb 2011, 11:33:50 am

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #48 on: 03 Feb 2011, 12:50:14 pm

so keith your saying we produce/develop no players, steal all allerdale best players etc etc cause we have hewer and smith, i remember you had hewer for a while and did nothing on development  thats why he came back to haven .
 Come on Keith look at your own squad 3  players bamber and shacks, lebbon products of the scholarship/reserves over the last few years, matty and jacko both from brow but develop by haven into the players they are today.

I said produced, you have introduced developed.   Yes, Hewer came to Town, was it for one or two weeks, I can't remember?   Don't forget Lebbon started at Town as well!!!!    Lads like Aaron Low, Elliott Miller, produced by amateur clubs like many of yours and are now being developed at Town but looked on differently because they come from the south of the county not the west.   Don't forget either that for several years you have been riding high in the Championship whilst we have been bumping along on the bottom of the Championship 1 so I would expect your club to have a head start with junior development.   Yes, you ran a reserve team but at what cost.   
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #49 on: 03 Feb 2011, 01:00:23 pm

I said produced, you have introduced developed.   Yes, Hewer came to Town, was it for one or two weeks, I can't remember?   Don't forget Lebbon started at Town as well!!!!    Lads like Aaron Low, Elliott Miller, produced by amateur clubs like many of yours and are now being developed at Town but looked on differently because they come from the south of the county not the west.   Don't forget either that for several years you have been riding high in the Championship whilst we have been bumping along on the bottom of the Championship 1 so I would expect your club to have a head start with junior development.   Yes, you ran a reserve team but at what cost.

so we do produced players  ;)
« Last Edit: 03 Feb 2011, 08:00:42 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline haven warrior

• First Team Regular
Reply #50 on: 03 Feb 2011, 07:58:36 pm
I said produced, you have introduced developed.   Yes, Hewer came to Town, was it for one or two weeks, I can't remember?   Don't forget Lebbon started at Town as well!!!!    Lads like Aaron Low, Elliott Miller, produced by amateur clubs like many of yours and are now being developed at Town but looked on differently because they come from the south of the county not the west.    Don't forget either that for several years you have been riding high in the Championship whilst we have been bumping along on the bottom of the Championship 1 so I would expect your club to have a head start with junior development.   Yes, you ran a reserve team but at what cost.
[/quote]

I dont agree with you there pal. Are you forgetting or did you just not know that Haven have also taken players that were produced by amateur clubs and come the south of the county. Crellin comes from Millom, Bower comes from Barrow. McBain has been taken on from Barrow just recently, and yes, we still have a reserves. 
Winners MAKE it happen, losers LET it happen!