HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

atmosphere and attendances whats happend

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
on: 04 Mar 2007, 08:42:39 pm
theres nothing at games now where is the cheering when we score or wheres the gates of 2000 PLUS we have why is no one turning up for games

is it because its

nrc cup means hardly out

bad weather

cant be botherd lost interest

WHATS GOING ON

Offline haven-rule-4-ev@

• Academy Signing
Reply #1 on: 04 Mar 2007, 09:05:16 pm
i agree the atmosphere has shrunk ova the years bt u cnt say its crap coz there is at least a thousand of us that cum 2 every game no matter wt the weather n all i can say there is that we r the true fans
 it dont matter wt the weather is like because we have kells end for wen it rains so there is no excuses realy

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 04 Mar 2007, 09:43:52 pm
you cant just say that people aren't real fans just because they dont want to go and watch haven play blackpool panthers in the wind and rain in a competition that is used by most clubs as extra warm up matches

"we have the kells end for when it rains" yeah because the kells end gives loads of shelter  ::) and what happens if we do have 2500-3000 going to watch in the rain not everybody can fit in the kells end can they

the atmosphere at home games now is pathetic hardly anybody sings like they used to i think people just go expecting us to win because we have been succesful in the last few seasons
haven till i die

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 04 Mar 2007, 10:31:15 pm
I think it will pick up when the season starts and may even start ext week with a crowd of 2,500 at least for the full time team of donny but this club should be pulling in more than 2,000 fr every game no matter for what team is playing and we are a team in a position that most team in nl1 and nl2 dream to be in so hopefully it will improve come next week but yes i will admit i didnt go to the game today because of the weather up at moresby and it was like 100 mph winds and rain and i didnt think it would be on  but thats the first and last game i miss due to that i will be there next week no dought but can i just ask somebody told me that the ground is a real mess and might not make the game playable next week any info

TOP CLASS SHOW TODAY BOYS KEEP IT GOING

havenchamps2005

Reply #4 on: 04 Mar 2007, 10:39:14 pm
its because were playing the likes of blackpool and having to pay ?12 to get in why didnt the bod cut the prices to ?6-8 today and i think more would have turned up

the nrc is a poor competiton that nobody cares about in the group stages when the season gets into full swing id expect there to be atleast 1900-2000 and when the nrc gets into the quarter final and semi final stages alot more people will attend

talking to a director today he told me if they got 1000 today they would be happy

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 04 Mar 2007, 10:53:13 pm
Id say more will go when the stands are done, Theres more getting in the grandstand each week i go in there when i take the kids.There will be more fans at the donny game thats for sure.

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 04 Mar 2007, 10:55:21 pm
agreed and will be good test for fitness how did we look today fitter than against barra heard most of the trys were class and good speed of hands

havenchamps2005

Reply #7 on: 04 Mar 2007, 11:33:31 pm
yeah we looked fit today and it will have been hard going for the forwards in them conditions on that pitch
good trys you will see them when the news and star do there weekly video

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 04 Mar 2007, 11:34:36 pm
cheers marra good to hear

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 05 Mar 2007, 11:04:29 am
weather was the big factor yesterday...i got up off night shift ...seen the weather...seen blackburn v bolton and spurs v hammers was on the tv...and put the radio on and stayed at home...at work last night i spoke to about 3 or 4 who did the same

weather knocked about 400 off the gate i would say
« Last Edit: 05 Mar 2007, 12:58:20 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 05 Mar 2007, 02:05:07 pm
I  think  there  were  a  number  of  factors that  contributed  to  a  poor  gate.

1  The  weather  which  probably  knocked  about  3/400  of  the  gate.
2  Many  fans  don't  support  the  NRC  and  are  only  prepared  to  watch  Haven  when  the  proper  season  starts.
3  Alot  won't  pay  ?12  to  watch  these  games  especially  when  its  a  team  like  Blackpool
4  They  didn't  fetch  any  away  fans  hardly.
5 Last  2  performances  have  been  poor.
6  This  is  the  2nd  of  3  home  games  on  the  trot  which  hits  peoples  pockets.
7  Lack  of  progress  on the  ground

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 05 Mar 2007, 02:20:16 pm
yep agree with you there marra
haven till i die

Offline taylor90

• Academy Signing
Reply #12 on: 05 Mar 2007, 03:10:36 pm
i go to all the home games i dont care who haven are playing as long as haven are playing but at the moment i cant as u have properly red the fans topic but i am fighting s oi can get back to watching them.

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 05 Mar 2007, 04:05:11 pm
I very nearly didn't go yesterday, the weather was that bad.  If there was cover on the popular side I wouldn't have thought twice about it.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #14 on: 05 Mar 2007, 04:23:00 pm
yeah we definatly need some cover people cant really be expected to go and stand in wind and pouring rain even if they are a "true haven fan" or a "part time supporter"
haven till i die