HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Barrow

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #15 on: 15 Mar 2011, 06:32:46 pm
i did tell you there was trouble in the camp,des is panic signing to get a quick fix of success think you,ll find that hardly ever works without disaster.who next you shout well my money would be on andy kelly recently given the heave ho from a international job 
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #16 on: 15 Mar 2011, 06:57:37 pm
listen now to radio cumbria dessie on with his reasoning behind the SACKING of schofield
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2011, 07:01:04 pm by chocbluegold »
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #17 on: 15 Mar 2011, 07:06:05 pm
listen now to radio cumbria dessie on with his reasoning behind the SACKING of schofield
What you getting yourself all giddy about ? Don't remember Barra fans creaming themselves when GED was binned.

the only way is up.

Offline billwiff

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 15 Mar 2011, 07:09:59 pm
It was a bit strange give you that barramarra ,Nigel Wright has taken the job so no massive upset for the players.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #19 on: 15 Mar 2011, 07:12:22 pm
It was a bit strange give you that barramarra ,Nigel Wright has taken the job so no massive upset for the players.
des has probably picked the team for sunday anyhow :D

Offline billwiff

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 15 Mar 2011, 07:30:00 pm
Hope so his record is good grand final winners and finished 4 th last season knows his rugby does Sir Des.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #21 on: 15 Mar 2011, 08:12:29 pm
its becoming like a pantomime down the road, which is a shame for the barra faithful.

is the barra job becoming like the england managers job used to be? the poisoned chalice.

who in all honesty would want the job, knowing they have to work under des and his "input"?

or is there somebody out there up for a massive challenge in trying to please mr johnson?

gonna make for interesting news coming for craven park
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #22 on: 15 Mar 2011, 08:31:14 pm
the assistant coach nigel wright will be taking over as of now, was on radio cumbria tonight

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 15 Mar 2011, 08:35:57 pm
Surely Schofield will be entitled to a pay off. Any prospective coaches will be very wary of Des johnson. He comes over as a bit of a dictator. End of the day its the coaches role to pick and run the side not the chairmans. :(

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #24 on: 15 Mar 2011, 10:20:12 pm
Not having a go, but got to say it's an ongoing farce.

Loads of money spent, big name signings, chairman acting as the puppet master, coach after coach passing through and the team not performing.

Barrow supporters on here can say what they want, but it's rugby league earthquake ongoing.

Be honest south Cumbrians, the clubs in trouble, and about to implode. No satisfaction in that observation, just can't believe he's been so daft to bring it on himself..... by being so 'knowledgeable' about RL.

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #25 on: 15 Mar 2011, 11:11:12 pm
It is a farce to be honest.
From what I hear the senior players didn't think much of Schifield & IF it was the case then perhaps DES had no choice ?
the only way is up.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #26 on: 16 Mar 2011, 08:01:20 am
Hope so his record is good grand final winners and finished 4 th last season knows his rugby does Sir Des.
or does he spends loads of cash getting players and coaches,he goes through coaches like a kid with a bag of sweets.all the unsettlement through the camp fans restless and des struggling with the finances can only be heading in one direction  des walking away!!when are you going to admit your short lived fame is over.super league must be quivering at the thought of barra possibly being with them :D

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #27 on: 16 Mar 2011, 04:12:52 pm
Still not having a go, but the strange thing is Des was all over the press two weeks ago telling everyone who would listen that he had had all of the squad in and told them the holiday' was over, and that if they didn't 'start performing and earning the good wages they were getting', then people might well expect to see a new team recruited.

Then he sacks the coach !!!!

It's got to blind panic OR player power I'm afraid. ......OR both.

Said today on radio that things were not working out, it was a gamble taking on Garry, with him being out of the game for so long, and that it was better to act (sic sack) than let things go too far.

My opinion, the man's lost, (or certainly loosing) his marbles.

We can only wait and see what the next 2-3 games produce, but if things don't improve look out for BIG changes, and a dummy flying out of the pram, (again).

Offline HWL

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 16 Mar 2011, 04:15:15 pm
Got to say I don't like some of the snide remarks re our south Cumbrian friends.
We have a decent relationship with Barrow through the years with many players going either side of "The Big One"---that damn road :mess:
I know it's a forum we are on but a little bit of respect--on both sides--wouldn't go amiss methinks!
Re Des, I'm afraid it's a price you pay when one director appears to hold all the cards with Carlisle Utd and their owners( can't recall their names but one saw spaceships and aliens and once said "There' no need for a manager--I'll do it myself" the other one was an Irishman who's colourful language had TV interviewers walking on hot coals if it was live transmission)--sound familiar?
El Tel.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #29 on: 16 Mar 2011, 04:41:00 pm
nobody allowed a opinion now then ? :shake: