:D :D :D
We all hate town,and we all hate town

Xo-Lindsay-oX

Reply #31 on: 20 Mar 2011, 07:38:07 pm
To me it looked about 400, maybe 500.

Offline gibsonspiesandoxo

• First Team Backup
Reply #32 on: 20 Mar 2011, 07:39:07 pm
get another couple of wins under the belt and finer weather townie and you will deffo see a increase in attendance.

Offline Exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #33 on: 20 Mar 2011, 07:44:26 pm
could not care less but 473 was at town and that is shocking for the big spenders ha ha i lived in town and no one cares in there own town about em so crowds wont increase fast, thank your lucky stars speedway keep you lot going and this is my last comment on town
We all hate town,and we all hate town

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #34 on: 20 Mar 2011, 07:51:34 pm
could not care less but 473 was at town and that is shocking for the big spenders ha ha i lived in town and no one cares in there own town about em so crowds wont increase fast, thank your lucky stars speedway keep you lot going and this is my last comment on town

Speedway may well keep us going but on the other hand it has also took some of our supporters, especially young families where the kids get more excitement from watching the bikes roar round the track than standing watching a rugby match, so that has to be balanced out.   Many people used to attend both but with prices as they are now they make a choice between the bikes and rugby.   I'm sure that some people that used to follow Haven also now go to the Comets, maybe not in the same numbers but I'm sure it happens.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

ca28

Reply #35 on: 20 Mar 2011, 07:53:21 pm
473 according to the Townies website.

Xo-Lindsay-oX

Reply #36 on: 20 Mar 2011, 07:54:35 pm
473 according to the Townies website.

About 20 were Oldham supporters and 4 Haven fans.

Offline town4me

• First Team Regular
Reply #37 on: 20 Mar 2011, 07:58:26 pm
a disappointing 473 lindsay. but if we keep playing like that it should improve. That performance  deserved better. i know it will be ridiculed by SOME haven fans but i understand the main reason why that  SOME  are doing that

Offline abu

• Academy Star
Reply #38 on: 20 Mar 2011, 08:09:36 pm
How about the game Lindsay  did you enjoy it

Xo-Lindsay-oX

Reply #39 on: 20 Mar 2011, 08:18:12 pm
No :')
It was a slow paced game and pretty one sided in towns favour.

Offline Soss (formerly known as gonch)

• Academy Star
Reply #40 on: 20 Mar 2011, 09:50:50 pm

The way it's going Town will need you to produce your magic and get some free rugby tops you used to be good at that didn't you? :D

Offline highsider

• Academy Signing
Reply #41 on: 21 Mar 2011, 07:47:58 pm
mr g stewart cant help him self, gonch hes been green eyed about town for years mate he wont change and he for one will be hoping town fall big time ,wh have been top team in west cumbria for the last 10 yrs but now thats all changed now and mr g stewart cant hack it so goes on about towns crowds ,but whs crowds are in decline big time as theyve been poor for the last 3 seasons and the proof is in there crowds , town have had maybe 2 or 3 decent seasons in the last 10 to 15 years so it will take time to get those stay away fans back its been done before the 1990 91 season under ray ashton just got keep doing what the club are doing now progressing on and off the field .

Offline highsider

• Academy Signing
Reply #42 on: 21 Mar 2011, 07:52:15 pm
To mr g stewart up the town assa marra

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #43 on: 21 Mar 2011, 07:53:31 pm
mr g stewart cant help him self, gonch hes been green eyed about town for years mate he wont change and he for one will be hoping town fall big time ,wh have been top team in west cumbria for the last 10 yrs but now thats all changed now and mr g stewart cant hack it so goes on about towns crowds ,but whs crowds are in decline big time as theyve been poor for the last 3 seasons and the proof is in there crowds , town have had maybe 2 or 3 decent seasons in the last 10 to 15 years so it will take time to get those stay away fans back its been done before the 1990 91 season under ray ashton just got keep doing what the club are doing now progressing on and off the field .

Sorry pal but when you say haven have been poor for last 2-3 seasons ur wrong marra 2 seasons ago when barrow won the league if we,d have won our last 2 games away to widnes and leigh we would have finished top but we never and ended up 5th so last season was the only one weve been poor in in a long time

Offline cran.cran

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #44 on: 21 Mar 2011, 08:19:09 pm
Lets be honest here, both team have pathetic crowds for a so called rugby league hotbed.
Dear ca28 i think u hit the nail on the head, apathy is reigning and apart from all the friendly banter above I think we do have a big problem at both clubs, a merger just wont work [personal opinion of course] but we seem to be locked in a downward spiral to be fair both clubs results haven't been disasterous but the pressure on general standards and attendances is downwards. The best thing for the srea is when all three clubs are doing well and competition breeds success.