HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Rudd Out For 6 Weeks.

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
on: 22 Mar 2011, 10:29:02 am
Carl Rudd out for a minimum of 6 weeks due to ligament damage to the ankle sustained in Sunday's 18 - 22 victory over South Wales Scorpions.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 22 Mar 2011, 11:13:06 am
with the pitches firming up the obvious replacement is Tane, but i think i would try palfrey at 7 and try tyrone dalton at 6

tyrones been give the odd first team chance in the past but they have tended to been off the bench in tough away games or in friendly games with loads of subs and no settled pattern of play not the best for showing if you can step up a level or not.
i think a start at home in a big game and a crowd behind the team could be just what the lad needs to show what he can do
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline gibsonspiesandoxo

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2011, 01:23:21 pm
good point bkm.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 22 Mar 2011, 02:04:58 pm
Tyrone was outstanding for the reserves last Saturday in both attack and defence, he deserves an extended run in the first team, not just 10 min stints from the bench.

Mmm considering the whole lot of them were woeful in the first half, i find this hard to understand. One thing Tyrone does is take the ball to the Attacking Line, something we are lacking quite often.

He to me is similar to Lee Kiddie of old, a player with talent, but one who doesnt make that Right Decision often enough.

If Rudd is going to be missing, maybe playing Smith and Palfrey at 6 and 7 with Sicey starting at 9 is an option.

Young Watson who plays 9 in the reserves may be worth a try off the bench, in games against weaker teams.

HW

Offline haven24/7

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 22 Mar 2011, 03:26:23 pm
It's understandable for supporters to choose their players or team but not to forget we've got  to come in to the first team.   Tyrone and Scott George would give options to the coach but I think against keighley he would go with palfrey and tane.

Offline HWL

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 22 Mar 2011, 03:33:30 pm
For anyone who was at the game last Sun how did Chris Smith go as a makeshift stand off and would he be worth a go there?
El Tel.

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 22 Mar 2011, 04:19:36 pm
Tyrone was outstanding for the reserves last Saturday in both attack and defence, he deserves an extended run in the first team, not just 10 min stints from the bench.

Mmm considering the whole lot of them were woeful in the first half, i find this hard to understand. One thing Tyrone does is take the ball to the Attacking Line, something we are lacking quite often.

He to me is similar to Lee Kiddie of old, a player with talent, but one who doesnt make that Right Decision often enough.

If Rudd is going to be missing, maybe playing Smith and Palfrey at 6 and 7 with Sicey starting at 9 is an option.

Young Watson who plays 9 in the reserves may be worth a try off the bench, in games against weaker teams.

HW
Correct he was poor in the first half he let their prop in for the 1st try  and Lee Kiddie was a better player !

Offline Havenboyy

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 22 Mar 2011, 05:08:04 pm
Just hope seedsy plays dalton or george , youth takes the club forward and tane being the age he is would only slow us down and hold us back

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 22 Mar 2011, 05:22:48 pm
Paul Scholes is also old and slow but his vision and brain are light years ahead of younger players so Tane for me

Offline Havenboyy

• Academy Signing
Reply #9 on: 22 Mar 2011, 06:22:51 pm
I think paul scholes is a lot more skilled than tane manihera  :D :D

Offline twopenny book

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 22 Mar 2011, 06:40:57 pm
not at rugby he isnt.,
You can change this a 1000 times it still borrrrrrrrrrring

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #11 on: 22 Mar 2011, 10:45:27 pm
HWL i wouldn't play Smith in tha halves he is much better at hooker. We would be better off playing Tane, tyrone or scott in the halves with palfrey.

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #12 on: 23 Mar 2011, 11:56:52 am
not at rugby he isnt.,
Jesus he cant tacke a footballer what would he be like at rugby

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #13 on: 23 Mar 2011, 12:06:08 pm
Paul Scholes is also old and slow but his vision and brain are light years ahead of younger players so Tane for me
So you are comparing Paul Scholes an aging player in a sport where he jogs around a field kicking a football  to Tane Manihera in a sport where he will have to physically tackle ( not a football tackle ) up to 15 -20 times and organise his players , kick and pass ! Its hardly the same thing .  Spaceman get a grip  :witch:

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #14 on: 23 Mar 2011, 12:35:08 pm
So you are comparing Paul Scholes an aging player in a sport where he jogs around a field kicking a football  to Tane Manihera in a sport where he will have to physically tackle ( not a football tackle ) up to 15 -20 times and organise his players , kick and pass ! Its hardly the same thing .  Spaceman get a grip  :witch:

shame on me snakey forgot to mention sir ryan giggs aswell  :-[ :-[