HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Town

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #15 on: 03 Apr 2011, 09:56:33 pm
376 thats terrible

Worst crowd of the day, if you can call that a crowd LOL :D :D :D :D :D

In all seriousness, if that was the crowd then the club, the league and the RFL has some serious thinking to do to make playing at this level sustainable IMO.
Freud said that the essence of the comic was the conservation of psychic energy. But then Freud never played Second House, Friday night at the Glasgow Empire - Ken Dodd

ca28

Reply #16 on: 03 Apr 2011, 10:03:32 pm
I guess that Carlisle been on't Sky in a cup final had nowt to do with the poor crowd then lads.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #17 on: 03 Apr 2011, 10:50:54 pm
I guess that Carlisle been on't Sky in a cup final had nowt to do with the poor crowd then lads.

Plus a one o clock kick-off on Mothering Sunday didn't help as a lot of people had family meals to attend.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 03 Apr 2011, 11:04:58 pm
Keith Town got 473 for the last home game v oldham so that is a difference of 97..........its not really looking good for town for the rest of the season. To say mothers day and Carlisle being on tv put off a few, well it only put off 97 so i cant see them getting many bigger crowds this season.
« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2011, 11:06:34 pm by rockerlad »
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #19 on: 03 Apr 2011, 11:10:11 pm
Keith Town got 473 for the last home game v oldham so that is a difference of 97..........its not really looking good for town for the rest of the season. To say mothers day and Carlisle being on tv put off a few, well it only put off 97 so i cant see them getting many bigger crowds this season.

After 8 years in this division rockerlad we are lucky to get what we get but to put a competitive team on the park and stay solvent isn't easy without a sugar daddy or two, so we'll just have to keep trying to persuade some the ex-fans that maybe they should come back.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 03 Apr 2011, 11:11:43 pm

After 8 years in this division rockerlad we are lucky to get what we get but to put a competitive team on the park and stay solvent isn't easy without a sugar daddy or two, so we'll just have to keep trying to persuade some the ex-fans that maybe they should come back.

The thing is tho town wont stay solvent with crowds of 376ish

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #21 on: 03 Apr 2011, 11:13:05 pm
Don't worry about us rockerlad we'll manage.   How do the Reds manage on these sort of crowds?

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 03 Apr 2011, 11:17:13 pm
Don't worry about us rockerlad we'll manage.   How do the Reds manage on these sort of crowds?

If it wasnt for Dobbie we would have went under long ago (he puts quite a bit of his own money into the club as i do belive does the guy from Romar)..............but we will be ok i am led to belive there will be a take over this summer by some local business men.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #23 on: 03 Apr 2011, 11:22:20 pm
Whilst Town may only have around 400 or so at matches there is obviously many more that support the club through the lottery as 1000 new members have joined existing members in the past 6 months.   We also have speedway money and believe it or not sponsorships have improved on match days every category sponsored today.  So as I say, let us look after our finances and others worry about theirs!!!

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #24 on: 03 Apr 2011, 11:26:09 pm
Well Keith that all good as reds have over 2000 members in their lottery and My Smallwood has done a brilliant job in selling out sponsorship packages BUT the main income has to come from the match day and both reds and town are failing big style at attracking people through the gates

ca28

Reply #25 on: 04 Apr 2011, 08:35:05 am
I do hope that Town can build there fan base back up, a strong Town is good for rugby in the area, I would hate for them to fold due to apathy .

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #26 on: 04 Apr 2011, 12:54:07 pm
2,000 at the speedway on Sat night says it all, CA28.    Folk can't afford to go to both especially with kids and speedway is kids first choice because of the speed of the bikes and crashes, etc.   

Offline gibsonspiesandoxo

• First Team Backup
Reply #27 on: 04 Apr 2011, 01:46:08 pm
could town and speedway cut a deal for a certain period of time , that if you go to both you get a discount or some deal, just a idea to throw about.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #28 on: 04 Apr 2011, 03:08:55 pm
I've suggested half price for the derby match on Good Friday, plus under 16's free if accompanied by an adult and also reduced beer prices.   I wonder how much notice that will get?    But Town need to try something gpao to combat the effect of speedway which also runs every week not like the rugby every so many weeks!!!!

Offline haven24/7

• Academy Star
Reply #29 on: 04 Apr 2011, 03:24:41 pm
Keith how much is it to get into the town matches this season n how much is the speedway?  Is there not a possibility to change a town match to a Saturday n have it before the speedway when they have a great team coming up n yous play a top team to?  Just a suggestion if it was possible with a set price for the night!!   Numbers like 376 for rugby at home and speedway 2000 on a Saturday night don't help especially with the good weather we had at the weekend!!