HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Town

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #30 on: 04 Apr 2011, 03:30:35 pm
The good weather could have a detrimental affect on crowds as its hard to justify going to the rugby if you've got a family, I know I struggle to get to games at the moment and my children are too young to be asking to go elsewhere (who knows what it'll be like in a few years time if I haven't brainwashed them sufficiently to want to go to games with me). The idea behind summer rugby was to encourage more families to the games, I can't see where thats happened.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #31 on: 04 Apr 2011, 04:24:58 pm
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #32 on: 04 Apr 2011, 05:36:01 pm
that crowd is teriible for town and cumbrian rugby league this is the best town team iv seen for years maybe 8 to 10 year and that gate is discraceful haven got beat week in week out last year and got relegated and whent into administration but yet we still average 750 800 crowds every week and if we beat rochdale next week which i think we will our next game could get towards 1000 which is very good at this standard all im saying its a shame for town theres no support as it would be a shme to see u fold with a decent team on show but noone supporting them very strange

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #33 on: 04 Apr 2011, 05:54:53 pm
that crowd is teriible for town and cumbrian rugby league this is the best town team iv seen for years maybe 8 to 10 year and that gate is discraceful haven got beat week in week out last year and got relegated and whent into administration but yet we still average 750 800 crowds every week and if we beat rochdale next week which i think we will our next game could get towards 1000 which is very good at this standard all im saying its a shame for town theres no support as it would be a shme to see u fold with a decent team on show but noone supporting them very strange

Town wont fold marra maybe have to cut back on wage bill mind if crowds dont improve but they,ll def get 1k plus next home game

Offline gibsonspiesandoxo

• First Team Backup
Reply #34 on: 04 Apr 2011, 06:35:04 pm
if us muppets can throw up ideas off the top of our heads why can't the powers that be do it as well?.

Offline random2

• Academy Star
Reply #35 on: 04 Apr 2011, 07:16:09 pm
it's easy to say "offer free kids, discounts etc" and say it 'would' have worked. If they actually did it would they definitely get enough of a lift to cover the cost.......and will you make up the difference if it doesn't??????????????

Offline Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #36 on: 05 Apr 2011, 07:25:31 pm
Where do they publish the attendance for speedway? Never seems to be in the paper.

cheers

Offline beltnbraces

• Academy Signing
Reply #37 on: 05 Apr 2011, 10:31:47 pm
better mek shure them turnstyle things are well oiled....in case they sieze up with the over use on GF :D

Offline wonky

• First Team Backup
Reply #38 on: 06 Apr 2011, 12:36:18 pm
There all good ideas guys,but at the end of the day if management dont want to improve the situation,then its a no go.as someone suggested either move a town game to a saturday night and do a combined gate ticket,or even put an extra few quid on a comets meet and you get a ticket for both.but whoever is in charge couldnt be arsed to change the board in the middle of the town centre giving our next home game.so how could fans know about the early ko or even if there was a game.its a joke

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #39 on: 06 Apr 2011, 04:09:03 pm
Interest in RL have fallen away from both sides. Town had a great following during the 90's. We had the same around the 2005 era. Even before then a derby game involving our 2 great clubs could easily attract 5000. Know where lucky to get 1500 if that.

With no chance of SL many have turned their backs and would rather spend Sunday afternoons doing other things. Its a sad fact but thats life. Its mainly us diehards now :(

Offline twopenny book

• Academy Star
Reply #40 on: 06 Apr 2011, 05:04:18 pm
Interest in RL have fallen away from both sides. Town had a great following during the 90's. We had the same around the 2005 era. Even before then a derby game involving our 2 great clubs could easily attract 5000. Know where lucky to get 1500 if that.

With no chance of SL many have turned their backs and would rather spend Sunday afternoons doing other things. Its a sad fact but thats life. Its mainly us diehards now :(
sad but true,theres to much competition for peoples money now and with town weve been so bad for that long people dont give going to a match a second thought...
You can change this a 1000 times it still borrrrrrrrrrring

Offline twopenny book

• Academy Star
Reply #41 on: 06 Apr 2011, 05:32:42 pm
There all good ideas guys,but at the end of the day if management dont want to improve the situation,then its a no go.as someone suggested either move a town game to a saturday night and do a combined gate ticket,or even put an extra few quid on a comets meet and you get a ticket for both.but whoever is in charge couldnt be arsed to change the board in the middle of the town centre giving our next home game.so how could fans know about the early ko or even if there was a game.its a joke
theres more chance of me winning the lottery bearing in mind i dont buy a ticket than keith denham ever doing anything combined with town..he doesnt like them   :shake:
You can change this a 1000 times it still borrrrrrrrrrring

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #42 on: 06 Apr 2011, 05:35:16 pm
theres more chance of me winning the lottery bearing in mind i dont buy a ticket than keith denham ever doing anything combined with town..he doesnt like them   :shake:
who does oh yeah 367 :D :D :D :D
born and bred haven.

Offline the spy

• Academy Star
Reply #43 on: 06 Apr 2011, 08:23:02 pm
sad to say  but town could be on -9 next season.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #44 on: 06 Apr 2011, 08:29:19 pm
who does oh yeah 367 :D :D :D :D

haven94, you keep repeating that crowd figure which is wrong.   If you want to do it correct it was 359 and it would be funny if Haven were getting crowds of 7,000 not 700's.   Okay twice the size of ours but when you look at the last 7 or 8 years average crowds for Haven then yours could also look "funny" to others!!!!!   Personally, I just think it is sad that both our clubs have reached the stage we have reached.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!