HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

seeds repacement

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
on: 06 Mar 2007, 05:37:48 pm
seeds has been a star for haven for 10 years  but its fair to say he is going to need replaced soon. it is a hard act to follow because locals with that much skill dont come along very often. i was just wondering what happened with craig macavoy after his trial because in my opinion he is the only local player that could be a replacement for him with the right coaching
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 06 Mar 2007, 07:14:48 pm
scot mcavoy will become seeds replacement...every bit as good as seeds was at that age
THE MULLET IS BACK

havenchamps2005

Reply #2 on: 06 Mar 2007, 08:38:43 pm
craig mcavoy was offerd a rubbish contract and has been playing back at hensingham

eilbeck was tipped as seeds replacement but imo isnt good enough
Scott McAvoy imo is seeds replacement and should be left in the centres even when seeds returns as we have to get used to not having seeds in the team
same with lester leave aaron smith at 13 as we have to get used to not having lester around

leave broadbent as captain

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 06 Mar 2007, 08:52:46 pm
agree with you about lester great player for us but IMO just hasnt got the speed anymore

but i think seeds has still got alot to offer us so i would bring him back into the team when he is fit but i agree with you that scott mcavoy should be the player to replace him when the time comes

and yes GB for captain
haven till i die

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 06 Mar 2007, 10:43:05 pm
yeh i was told buy a hensingham/academy player they offere C mcavoy a joke of a contract.

he wont leave hensingham unless it a good offer! town will be sniffing now!
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #5 on: 07 Mar 2007, 04:32:09 pm
he was offered no appearance money just a win/lose/draw bonus

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 07 Mar 2007, 09:02:08 pm
i think seddsy will be replaced by scott mcavoy but when seedsy is fully fit where will mcavoy play?

havenchamps2005

Reply #7 on: 07 Mar 2007, 09:53:08 pm
centre i dont think we can drop mcavoy just because its seeds

Offline Havener

• Global Moderator
  • Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 07 Mar 2007, 10:53:41 pm
macca cud play 2nd row with flecther off the bench or vice versa

havenchamps2005

Reply #9 on: 07 Mar 2007, 11:29:53 pm
if we drop macca because seeds is back its an injustice

we have the u21s there seeds should come back through that get match fit and find some form before he is considerd for 1st team selection

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 08 Mar 2007, 08:01:01 am
yeh i was told buy a hensingham/academy player they offere C mcavoy a joke of a contract.

he wont leave hensingham unless it a good offer! town will be sniffing now!

Thing  is  at  Hensingham  he's  playing  for  nowt  so  at  least  anything  Haven  offer  him  is  more  than  what  he's  getting  at  the  mo  although  he  would  have  to  put  in  more  training  at  that  level. 

For  me  he  is  a  quality  player  despite  having  a  career  threatening  injury  not  so  long  back.  If  I  was  him  I  would  sign  but  only  for  a  year  and  then  set  about  proving  himself. 

If  he  can  do that  then  next  year  he'll  get  a  better  contract  and  then  can  go  out  and  buy  a  wheelbarrow  to  carry  all  the  cash  home  and  sit  in  his  bedroom  and  count  it. :)

haven1985

Reply #11 on: 08 Mar 2007, 01:11:36 pm
i think craig mcavoy should have taken any contract that was offered to him. why do people always want more money. what does he get payed at hensingham? A) jack sh*t. to come from hensingham to whitehaven is a big step and if he proves he is worth it the money would have went up

havenchamps2005

Reply #12 on: 08 Mar 2007, 02:41:09 pm
theres academy lads on more than craig was offerd

if haven want craig so bad they would give him the cash as he is worth it

your saying he should sign anything give him why should he? if he wants a certain amount at what he valus himself and haven dont meet it he stays with the club he has been with since he was a junior and loves simple as

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 08 Mar 2007, 03:50:56 pm
haven 1985 for gods sake giving up your amateur status is a big thing in sport and it should not be given up for next to nowt. playing at nl1 level takes a lot of comittment and a supportive family and the financial rewards should compensate for that ok he gets nothing at hensingham but if he dos'nt feel like training one night then he can have a night off. that is not acceptable at pro level. so come on board give him a decent offer he is worth it in my opinion.
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #14 on: 08 Mar 2007, 04:53:32 pm
he's just as good as anybody down there now.reason he was offered no money is because there isn't any.and like silver shadow said it's a big thing giving up your amatuer status.he would have been going to south africa with robb and thompson if it wasn't for injuries and if he signs for haven for crap money they'll be no more of that.