HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Town vs. Haven, Friday 22nd April

Offline leylandlad

• Academy Signing
on: 03 Apr 2011, 08:37:54 pm
Hi everyone,
Myself and a couple of pals are hoping to make the trip up from Leyland/Wigan to Workington for the derby game on friday 22nd April.
Since I can't find anything on the Workington site and have never been to Workington before, I was hoping somebody could please tell me what their ticket pricing scheme is (we're all 18 years old) and if there's a train station anywhere near their ground?
Thanks very much,
leylandlad.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #1 on: 03 Apr 2011, 08:45:31 pm

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 03 Apr 2011, 08:47:36 pm
Freud said that the essence of the comic was the conservation of psychic energy. But then Freud never played Second House, Friday night at the Glasgow Empire - Ken Dodd

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 03 Apr 2011, 08:56:04 pm
it being good friday id check what trains are running it may be a limited service
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #4 on: 03 Apr 2011, 09:12:02 pm
it being good friday id check what trains are running it may be a limited service

Normal service on bank holidays for the railways...as my dad always tells me!

Offline leylandlad

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 03 Apr 2011, 09:21:55 pm
Thanks folks! Especially the pub info  ;)
We're coming up from Preston so I think we may have to take 2 trains. I shall check it up though. If any Haven fans want to meet for a drink (probably Wetherspoons given the info, as it's rather cheap) then send me a message or whatever. Only my 4th game watching Haven...Distance and finance is often difficult.
Thanks again folks!

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 03 Apr 2011, 09:25:37 pm
c u there bud safe trip

Offline butch

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 04 Apr 2011, 12:18:54 am

As will the result will be.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #8 on: 04 Apr 2011, 11:54:02 am

As will the result will be.
:D :D :D :D :D :D
born and bred haven.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 04 Apr 2011, 12:14:02 pm
i predict normal service will be resumed on GF,and by normal service i mean haven winning
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline wonky

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 09 Apr 2011, 11:18:53 am
i was wondering what the chances of the fixture at the rec being a thursday night sky game.people keep saying how much the game in cumbria needs to improve and what better way than to show what should be a hard thought battle between probably 2 of the top 4 sides in the division.but lets be honest the only sides who will be shown out of our division will be from yorkshire ir lancashire.

Offline harbouragrudge

• First Team Backup
Reply #11 on: 09 Apr 2011, 11:36:18 am
i was wondering what the chances of the fixture at the rec being a thursday night sky game.people keep saying how much the game in cumbria needs to improve and what better way than to show what should be a hard thought battle between probably 2 of the top 4 sides in the division.but lets be honest the only sides who will be shown out of our division will be from yorkshire ir lancashire.

Think that would keep the crowd down a bit, the way things are at the moment. I don't think it would be that good for west Cumbrian rugby if the Sky cameras turned up for a local derby and there was loads of empty space on the terraces :( :shake:
Freud said that the essence of the comic was the conservation of psychic energy. But then Freud never played Second House, Friday night at the Glasgow Empire - Ken Dodd