HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

moan moan moan

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #30 on: 13 May 2011, 09:39:41 am
never went int first place although i did once shout house for a line in coral island in blackpool way back got cup of coffee for me troubles.bumped into a few town players ont beach too,giving kids piggy backs they were.
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #31 on: 13 May 2011, 10:04:47 am
Good to see yer back on form.
the only way is up.

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #32 on: 13 May 2011, 10:08:31 am
they where promoted as runners up which means us and barrow would have been promoted under the old rules

That's not right, Town went up to the old First Division as champions of Division 2. They did the double as they also won the Divisional Premiership, beating London Crusaders at Old Trafford in the final. They were actually in the top flight for 3 seasons - the first season they finished 9th out of 16, then there was the shortened 'centenary season' and finally the first SL season.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #33 on: 13 May 2011, 10:16:12 am
they where promoted as runners up which means us and barrow would have been promoted under the old rules

That's not right, Town went up to the old First Division as champions of Division 2. They did the double as they also won the Divisional Premiership, beating London Crusaders at Old Trafford in the final. They were actually in the top flight for 3 seasons - the first season they finished 9th out of 16, then there was the shortened 'centenary season' and finally the first SL season.

accept me apology thought you where runners up to doncaster

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #34 on: 13 May 2011, 10:17:25 am
never went int first place although i did once shout house for a line in coral island in blackpool way back got cup of coffee for me troubles.bumped into a few town players ont beach too,giving kids piggy backs they were.
:D :D :D :D :D
born and bred haven.

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #35 on: 13 May 2011, 10:18:06 am

I'm a Haven fan mate, but facts is facts.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #36 on: 13 May 2011, 10:23:18 am

I'm a Haven fan mate, but facts is facts.

aye just checked it out ur right but its like i said you didn,t have to win play offs or have a super dooper ground u got promoted by ur league form which is how it should be now plus for a few seasons they did have a class team

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #37 on: 13 May 2011, 10:30:59 am
they also paid over the odds for some right duffers too hence the tonkings they received recording only two wins in sl  and the debt that was amassed.
« Last Edit: 13 May 2011, 10:36:38 am by chocbluegold »
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline wreckry

• Academy Star
Reply #38 on: 13 May 2011, 12:00:43 pm
a bit like you lot last season choccy ;)

Offline wreckry

• Academy Star
Reply #39 on: 13 May 2011, 12:10:44 pm
Right dunno if im 100% right or not (it was back in the nineties) but im sure it was that money town received that brought them their good days ie play off finals and super league so basically without a cash input everybodys knackered in rugby league
you right there ,it was early 90s i think..ray ashtons team then followed on by peter walsh,bought some class players and overseas stars as well,then signings like david fraiise :o
undone all the good work lol,they also got a shed load of money from sponsorship by russell office systems(something to do with glasgow rangers multi millionaire chairman david murray??)in fact there were lots of rumours that he was wanting to buy the club at the time,he would be welcome back down at dp anytime now ;)on sellafeilds backing of haven its just a pity you spent most of it on rob ackerman all those years ago lol ;)

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #40 on: 13 May 2011, 12:21:43 pm
that wernt sellafield money that was keeping ackerman at haven !!we hardly spent anything last season wrecky coz we had nowt to spend thats why we couldnt buy a win ;D

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #41 on: 13 May 2011, 12:23:01 pm
Rob Ackerman wish we had him now ! wonder what hes doing nowadays ?

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #42 on: 13 May 2011, 01:08:38 pm
that wernt sellafield money that was keeping ackerman at haven !!we hardly spent anything last season wrecky coz we had nowt to spend thats why we couldnt buy a win ;D
Was he not the big signing BNFL wanted to see for all the hundreds of thousands they gave yers ?
the only way is up.

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #43 on: 13 May 2011, 01:14:07 pm

Was he not the big signing BNFL wanted to see for all the hundreds of thousands they gave yers ?

No, Ackerman was paid for by Marchon (A&W).

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #44 on: 13 May 2011, 02:05:30 pm

No, Ackerman was paid for by Marchon (A&W).

you sure about that?  i'm pretty certain it was bnfl who financed ackermans signing
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good