HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Trust in Haven Chairman's Points of Clarification

Offline IceMan

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 01 Jun 2011, 08:20:50 pm
Hello ice man. Nice to hear from you. A bit late perhaps.
Long shift and a hot bath prevented my earlier arrival  :D

Offline sonicrebel

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 01 Jun 2011, 10:25:50 pm
paul i wanted to speak to ian face to face and he would not speak to me,i have no objection of what ian thinks but he should not of put it down as trust in haven as no one has the right to put it down as the trust opinion as no one had a chance to say what they thought he should have just put his own name down to it,i had already spoken to four of the committee and they new nothing about it,and those comments have done damage to the club with every body thinking the fan are against it.
John,  We all now know that Ian's letter was not the opinion of the Trust. 
I can't see why the Clubs board would now hold this against the Trust. 
The Trust was set up to become a business partner (voice of the fans) with whoever owned/ran the club, and it will still continue to do this, as long as the Club (and fans) are willing to work together. 
I for one would love to have a discussion with the Club, about the ideas I have had to make the connection between the fans and the club.

Offline Alscavanovic

• Academy Signing
Reply #17 on: 02 Jun 2011, 12:08:01 am
bit late for apologies now,and just on this site what about the rest of the people who only get whitehaven news he did not speak for me family or friends that are trust members

I think a little humility is required and accept the guys apOlogy. We all make mistakes

Offline TheCollier

• First Team Backup
Reply #18 on: 02 Jun 2011, 08:45:43 am
The Trust has only just come into existance yet bickering seems to have started already.

As a democratically appointed leader doesnt Ian have the Trusts permisdion to speak on their behalf?

If you dont like it you shouldnt have voted for him!

Offline JAYFORHAVEN

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 02 Jun 2011, 09:29:13 am
I did not vote for him nor did any other of the members get a vote as there was only seven put in for the committee so they went in en mass,The committee elected him chairman,and he can not just make statements to the press without consulting the committee,if you are a member look up the Constitution.

Offline The voice

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 02 Jun 2011, 10:06:13 am
 ;D

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #21 on: 02 Jun 2011, 10:24:45 am
Think some are labouring the point here. He's been big enough to appologise. I think some need to be big enough to accept that appology and move on or it's just going to go round in cirlces.

Offline IceMan

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 02 Jun 2011, 11:15:38 am
Think some are labouring the point here. He's been big enough to appologise. I think some need to be big enough to accept that appology and move on or it's just going to go round in cirlces.
Well said  :nod:  :bow:

Offline Alscavanovic

• Academy Signing
Reply #23 on: 02 Jun 2011, 11:27:44 am

I agree too, well said! No need to make mountains out of mole hills.

ca28

Reply #24 on: 02 Jun 2011, 06:38:28 pm
Can we not to the Market place in the stocks and make him eat rotten jam in a Town top as a punishment  ?

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #25 on: 02 Jun 2011, 07:32:06 pm
The trust committee that i have spoken to seems to think Ian should resign not just over this but there has been several issues.

Offline Norm Deplume

• Academy Star
Reply #26 on: 02 Jun 2011, 08:56:29 pm
Not sure what anyone on the trust does, except for jayforhaven who you see selling progammes and Dotty and Rossy who sort the away travel out

Offline sonicrebel

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 03 Jun 2011, 12:40:17 am
Not sure what anyone on the trust does, except for jayforhaven who you see selling progammes and Dotty and Rossy who sort the away travel out
Norm, Everyone on the trust has their own job. 
I update the TIH website, facebook page and this forum with information and U23's scores results.  I also send a 'Welcome to Whitehaven' letter to all visiting clubs and supporters.
Jonathan, has worked on members benefits and gaining both personal and corporate sponsorship for the trust.  Currently Jonathan is working on a replacement 'Pride' Mascot for the club, amongst other things.  Jonathan also mans a turnstile when his work time permits.
Vikki looks after our financial situation, and along with Anna and Jonathan serves the players food after our home matches.
Ian, has spent hours producing documentation and keeping us within the bounds of the Trust model rules.
Stephen (Family & Kids) and Dave (Fundraising) are both new to the Trust Board, but have contributed some great ideas to move the Trust forward.  Dave also sells programmes with JH and has been on the mic at the U23's matches.
The above is a small representation of our individual functions, this role is a voluntary one and people are giving up their free time to do this.
We have all volunteered our services to the club over the last 8 month and will continue to do so.
« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2011, 12:42:01 am by sonicrebel »

Offline Norm Deplume

• Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 03 Jun 2011, 01:23:08 am
Thats great Paul -- maybe you should do a bit more to let people know that, because from reading on here all anyone seems to do is fight and squabble.
Well done to those working hard.

Offline haven24/7

• Academy Star
Reply #29 on: 03 Jun 2011, 06:17:26 am
If the trust in haven team are here to help the club I would like to ask them a question.   We had a well respected visitor to our club the other week in the name of Steve mcormack.   Whilst on stage the banter from the back of the room was a little irritating and nothing could be heard.  The same goes for mr seeds on stage.  Is it therefore possible for the trust to take a little of their funds and sort out a couple of microphones and speaker system if there isn't one in place.  It's a great thing to have such people at the club who are willing to come in to talk to the supporters after the matches and makes it more of a supporters club for the fans.