HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Widnes v Normanton

Jay · 5 · 906

Offline Jay

• Academy Signing
    • Last Tackle
on: 11 Mar 2007, 06:56:33 pm
For the second week running, I've left a Widnes game shaking my head. This time not because of thuggery on the pitch, but thuggery off the pitch, by the Normanton Knights supporters.

Having spent most of the second half standing up causing bother, the ringleader decided to rush on to the pitch when the visitors scored a well deserved try. This then erupted in to a brawl between a number of Normanton fans and the stewards. Then as this kicked off, the rest of the Normanton fans decided to pile in, and the game had to be stopped. The game was also ended around 5 minutes early to prevent any further trouble.

Throughout this, the stewards were a joke. No one was ejected, except the guy who initially ran on to the pitch. There's a smoking ban at the stadium, and one Knights fan was stood there smoking a ciggy whilst holding his middle finger up at another steward.

The game itself was poor. Widnes never really turned up and were 72-0 up after 60 minutes. We then decided enough was enough, and let Normanton do what they want. The refere also decided to let the Knights break any rule they wanted, e.g. offside, forward passes, as Ian Smith decided he wanted Normanton score. It worked though.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2007, 08:19:12 pm
Its  usually  the  case  when  Amatuers  meet  Pro's.  Their  fans  know  they  aren't  going  to  win  and  probably  tanked  up  start  trouble.

I  always  remember  Dewsbury  Celtic  and  their  fans.  Total  disgrace.

Infact  I  beleive  there  was  some  trouble  with  Oulton  fans  towards  Stokes.

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2007, 12:06:48 am
 I happened to be about 10 feet away from the Normanton bunch and it was a a disgrace. Lee briers was in attendance aswell.
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2007, 10:09:49 pm
how come you lads were down watching widnes?

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2007, 02:46:39 am
 I live in Manchester. My mates a Widnes fan and he paid the petrol money. I wish I could afford the fuel money to Haven every weekend but I just can't!  :D :D
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.