HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Johnston issues financial warning

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
on: 12 Jun 2011, 05:15:15 pm
Just taken this from the BBC RC Twitter account:

Barrow Raiders chairman Des Johnston issues stark warning to fans, describing the financial situation at the club as "serious".

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 12 Jun 2011, 05:28:50 pm
oh dear,we did wonder when hes cahs would dry up  ::)
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #2 on: 12 Jun 2011, 05:34:52 pm
Can't blame him, he keeps pumping in his hard earned money, yet crowds have halfed since their peak
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 12 Jun 2011, 05:39:09 pm
just proves all his money and it hasnt done what he wanted it to :shake:
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #4 on: 12 Jun 2011, 05:44:14 pm
Even the most rose tinted of barrow fans can probably see now that the money pumped into barrow has not been spent too wisely, all well and good having marqee players, but with an out of date stadium, no reserve funding and a poor standard youth system a SL place was never going to be granted.
But given the state of the club when Des became involved I'm sure most barrow fans wouldn't change the good times they have had recently
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline abu

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 12 Jun 2011, 05:52:08 pm
not a problem for barrow raiders just go into admin start a new club BARROW RAIDERS 11 clean sheet no debt easy

Offline Boxer

• Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 12 Jun 2011, 05:53:58 pm

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 12 Jun 2011, 07:39:29 pm
not a problem for barrow raiders just go into admin start a new club BARROW RAIDERS 11 clean sheet no debt easy

And lose 9 points

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 12 Jun 2011, 07:52:06 pm
oooohhhh you biatch

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 12 Jun 2011, 08:41:18 pm
I'm sure there's  a few on here enjoying what Des said.

the only way is up.

ca28

Reply #10 on: 12 Jun 2011, 09:00:14 pm
Good luck Barraa, not all Haven fans like to see other Cumbrian sides in trouble.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #11 on: 12 Jun 2011, 09:10:11 pm

It aint over until the fat lass sings barramarra

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 12 Jun 2011, 09:40:57 pm
we did say it would all end in tears  ;)

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 12 Jun 2011, 09:42:32 pm
well whats the point in spending all that money when you cant get promoted. Its a waste of time if you ask me.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline SRC

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 13 Jun 2011, 09:17:56 am
It's a real worry for all Barrow fans at the moment.
The fact is that the game below Super League is dying.  80% of Championship clubs have seen lower crowds this season. Leigh's Chairman pulled out leaving them in trouble, Featherstone's Chairman is also close to walking, Widnes are propped up by one man and how many Championsip clubs have gone into administration in the last 3 or 4 years?  The majority I believe.

Never mind though.  Dave Woods hailed the Exiles game a 'great success', so all is well.